IGNORED

Biggest jerk on the tour?

easygrip
Note:Β This thread is 855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

My Vote for STUPIDEST THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!!

I heard from my nephew's wife's hairstylist's brother's dentist's dry cleaner, that Phil Mickelson likes to steal the souls of small children to help cure his arthritis. He also doesn't use golf balls to practice, he use baby seals!!!!

No of you know the people that you are talking about....and therefore have absolutely no basis to bash or otherwise tarnish their names!Β  Whatever you think you saw or some inside source told you is rubbish…and probably an isolated incident.Β  I have witnessed a particularly famous β€œgood guy” act like a total ass to a waitress at dinner, doesnt mmake him a jerk.Β  I have also witnessed a guy that was a huge jerk in college golf turn out to be a really good person.Β  Thing is none of us know the circumstances or context in which many of these things take place.

Someone should bust a cap in our asses!

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's the exact kind of behavior that does qualify one as a jerk.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

I have witnessed a particularly famous β€œgood guy” act like a total ass to a waitress at dinner, doesnt mmake him a jerk.

• Upvote 2

I have witnessed a particularly famous β€œgood guy” act like a total ass to a waitress at dinner, doesnt mmake him a jerk

Actually, it does make him jerk.Β  I don't cut anybody any slack who treats the waitress badly.Β  It's almost the definitive "jerk" behavior.

I think most of us are responding to watching the Bubba interview, hence, our opinions are based not on "reporting", but seeing Bubba in action, speaking his own words, making his own facial gestures, and generally acting like a paranoid, xenophobic rube.

• Upvote 1

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5Β°, Insight 14.5Β°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54Β°, Odyssey Rossi II

Β 

Β 

I can tell you Bubba, is not a jerk.Β  He is a super nice guy.Β  I've known the guy for years,Β since college at University of Georgia.Β  While I will agree he has a firey temper, but he is a good person.

Oddly enough, Bubba's complete ignorance about the landmarks of France is a condemnation of the American educational system.Β  Anybody who gets into college should be at least marginally aware of the world outside of Dixie.Β  "Not a history major..."Β  He made grades (supposedly) good enough to keep him on the college golf team, which should mean he isn't a total ignoramus but apparently not.Β  You don't have to be a history major to know about the Eiffel Tower.Β  You could learn about that from a Superman comic book.Β  It's his oblivious disinterest in the world around him that makes him almost uncivilized.Β  That doesn't make him a bad person, per se, merely a barbarian.Β  I suppose we should just overlook it, because he doesn't know any better.Β  He's in the same boat with unfortunate illiterates from poor third world countries who have never been to school, so we should cut him some slack I guess.Β  He just doesn't know any better.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt

Β 

Β 

I believe Bubba was WAY out of his comfort zone, and reacted badly. I think Bubba is a good guy that has no filter between his brain and his mouth. I've got to believe a lot of guys would have been frustrated under the same conditions, but be better able to control their emotions.

Bubba was wrong and believe he realized that.

I do a great deal of collecting autographed memorabilia for a Children's Cancer foundation in my area and the biggest jerks I run across are Tiger and Gary Player.Β  I always get every request returned with a statement that they do not answer autographed requests.Β  Now, I just do not just send a letter, I send copies of the newspaper articles aboutΒ all the good work the foundation does and even the tax info.

The best have been Arnold by far, Jim Furyk, Phil, Gary McCord, Lee TrevinoΒ and Julie Inkster.

I an actually understand a guy with Tiger's volume of fans having a policy like that or else he'd be inundated with requests. He definitely needs to sign more autographs at tourneys.

Originally Posted by pbyrne02

I do a great deal of collecting autographed memorabilia for a Children's Cancer foundation in my area and the biggest jerks I run across are Tiger and Gary Player.Β  I always get every request returned with a statement that they do not answer autographed requests.Β  Now, I just do not just send a letter, I send copies of the newspaper articles aboutΒ all the good work the foundation does and even the tax info.

If you take isolated moments out of anyones life I'm sure you can build a case to make them appear to be a jerk.Β  We all have bad days and maybe act short tempered or rudeΒ towards people that don't deserve such treatment.Β Β  Tiger might be a jerk (I'm not around him all the time), but look at how much money and time he donates to charity, certainly more than most here.

We tend to interpret when someone refuses to do what we want them to as being a jerk but they might have their reasons.Β Β I donate to specific charitiesΒ I wishΒ to support, other charities that contactΒ meΒ I politely turn down and thus might think I'm a jerk.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best have been Arnold by far, Jim Furyk, Phil, Gary McCord, Lee TrevinoΒ and Julie Inkster.

Says it all,Β maybe Tiger and GP are leaving the running of there lives to corporate entities and are unable to see life beyond there respective businesses.

Yeah Tiger is a real ******* for not sending you 100 dollar bills every time you write him a letter. Sure it would be nice of him but you expecting that is incredible self centered.

I can tell you Bubba, is not a jerk.Β  He is a super nice guy.Β  I've known the guy for years,Β since college at University of Georgia.Β  While I will agree he has a firey temper, but he is a good person.

i'm not saying he is, i'm not saying he isn't. but the fact that you're his friend obviously means you don't think he is, otherwise you wouldn't be friends with him. i'm sure mike tyson's mom thinks he's the sweetest son a mother could have.

Originally Posted by Lebowski

well we all know for sure that Bubba would let the tour veterans kiss his ass

Well, at least the ones widely regarded as using gamesmanship to throw off their opponents.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Well, at least the ones widely regarded as using gamesmanship to throw off their opponents.

In match play or a playoff, it used to be the norm.Β  A gamesmanship ploy might have cost Snead his winning putt on eighteen at the US Open one year (can't remember the details).Β  And it Dead Solid Perfect, the protagonist "slow plays" his "evil rival".Β  Maybe that's why they wouldn't let pro golfers in the clubhouse until Walter Hagen came along! Seve was infamous for it.

I wonder about Furyk sometimes.Β  That would drive me nuts seeing him practice his putting stroke JUST out of the corner of my eye while I was putting.Β  Every hole.Β  Why isn't he ever where the guy putting really CAN'T see him while he does that?Β  Maybe he's just oblivious.

Β 

Β 

True-and it made Seve seem like a bit of a prick, to me anyway. Β If Furyk pulled that with me I'd stop and politely ask him to move.

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangeclub

In match play or a playoff, it used to be the norm.Β  A gamesmanship ploy might have cost Snead his winning putt on eighteen at the US Open one year (can't remember the details).Β  And it Dead Solid Perfect, the protagonist "slow plays" his "evil rival".Β  Maybe that's why they wouldn't let pro golfers in the clubhouse until Walter Hagen came along!Β  Β  Seve was infamous for it.

I wonder about Furyk sometimes.Β  That would drive me nuts seeing him practice his putting stroke JUST out of the corner of my eye while I was putting.Β  Every hole.Β  Why isn't he ever where the guy putting really CAN'T see him while he does that?Β  Maybe he's just oblivious.

X129, the request is for aΒ charity.Β  Giving of yourself for others.Β  Sounds like you should look it up in a dictionary and try to practice it a bit in your life.Β  Helping others in need, makes a difference in your life.Β  Try it sometime.

Note:Β This thread is 855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!