IGNORED

Clubhead Not Attached to Shaft, Adjustable Hosel

My new clubs arrived today from overseas and it was great to open that box!

All was well until I discovered the driver head was not attached to the shaft.

There's a captive screw in the head and it seems pretty straight forward to attach. However there are two little plastic spacer rings at the end of the shaft. These spacers have interlocking teeth that line them up and match with teeth on the club and shaft. All this looks perfectly simple to understand.

But, there are numbers and letters on the teeth and they can be aligned with various numbers on the other spacers teeth. Do the positions of these numbers/letters matter?

This is probably not described as well as possible, but I'm not a writer...

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jim

What brand of clubs did you get?  That detachable head with the funny little spacer rings allows you to tweak the loft and lie of the driver head.  Generally you'll also get a small "wrench to tighten the screw, and some instructions as to what those numbers and letters mean.  If you don't have those instructions, you should be able to find the same information online.  For instance, this shows the adjustments for a Callaway driver:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Clubhead Not Attached to Shaft, Adjustable Hosel

If it's Callaway then you probably have a combination of -1, S, +1, +2, N, D on the adjustable spacers.

The standard "stock" setting would be S+N (S for standard loft which would match the degree # stamped on the clubhead, and N for neutral face)

-1 takes one degree off the loft +1 and +2 add to the loft and adjust the lie slightly to compensate. D is draw favoring face which to me seems kind of gimmicky but I guess it could somewhat offset a slice / fade if your are fighting one.

Edited by SullyGolf

22 minutes ago, SullyGolf said:

If it's Callaway then you probably have a combination of -1, S, +1, +2, N, D on the adjustable spacers.

The standard "stock" setting would be S+N (S for standard loft which would match the degree # stamped on the clubhead, and N for neutral face)

-1 takes one degree off the loft +1 and +2 add to the loft and adjust the lie slightly to compensate. D is draw favoring face which to me seems kind of gimmicky but I guess it could somewhat offset a slice / fade if your are fighting one.

And of course hope that the adjuster is for a right hand driver head.😬

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

31 minutes ago, SullyGolf said:

D is draw favoring face which to me seems kind of gimmicky but I guess it could somewhat offset a slice / fade if your are fighting one.

It works by raising the lie angle of the club. Pointing the toe of the club up induces a draw. Pointing the toe down induces a fade. 
Which is why you will see some guys lower the handle when the want the ball to draw, or raise the handle when they want it to fade. 

Also why when the ball is above your feet you will usually draw it more and fade it more when it's below your feet. 🙂

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It works by raising the lie angle of the club. Pointing the toe of the club up induces a draw. Pointing the toe down induces a fade. 
Which is why you will see some guys lower the handle when the want the ball to draw, or raise the handle when they want it to fade. 

Also why when the ball is above your feet you will usually draw it more and fade it more when it's below your feet. 🙂

Thanks that makes sense, I kinda thought it was closing the face or something. Tried it and wound up hitting some wild pulls so I wrote it off.

• Thumbs Up 1