jamesbei

Longest Hole You've Played

52 posts / 13969 viewsLast Reply

Eagles Landing Golf Club; 665 yard par 5 into a 25-30mph wind. It played at least 100-150 yards longer that day due to the wind. Just brutal! Oh yeah, it was also cool and rainy(no roll).

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I've never played it but thought it was worth posting. The Pillar Mountain Classic in Alaska this week end. Google it. One hole...1,400' elevation change...up a mountain...par 70. I think part of the approved equipment is brush cutters, but chain saws are not allowed. The entire tournament is one hole.

now that is straight up psychotic, but awesome at the same time.

yardage wise, it's not long, but the 18th at
New York Country Club
is a straight uphill battle. Even if you crack a 300 yard drive, you have to shape shots to land on the some-what flat tiers of the fairway.
It's 300 yards uphill all the way. And not just uphill, i mean like 60 degree incline uphill the entire ride up.

But another long one that comes to mind is: Mayakoba.
7000+ from the championship tees. You have to deal with head winds, cross winds, and all that with gusts up to 30 mph. the longest was this one par 5 where you have to carry it something ridiculous like 250 carry to get over this nastily huge drop into the rock quarry.

Junkie, have you played Van Cortland? I usually go to Silver Lake as I live downtown and the ferry is convenient.

Yes. I've played there many times during the week. I have been lucky as there were few people when I played and went around the final four holes, twice.

now that is straight up psychotic, but awesome at the same time.

how do you enter this mad uphill thing, i would love a crack at that next year

Here is the longest hole I have played:

http://www.springlakegolf.com/html/panther_6.html

Hole #6 on Panther Creek in Sebring, FL
800 from the black, 760 from the blue, 720 from orange, 660 from the white,
620 from the gold and 580 from the green tees.

This course is also home to the Guiness Book of Records' World's Largest Green that measures 42,000 sq ft.

AL

Longest hole I believe I've played is actually at my home course. Hole # 9 (#8 is also a par 5 but is very reachable).

Nickname is "Smokin' Gun" and measures 617 yards from the back tees. I've actually reached it in two once from the whites (around 590 or so), but it was down wind.

Par is normally a good score on this hole.

Lakeview in SE Ohio. In a high school tournament (about 16 years ago) I played a 610 yard par 5. What made it seem extra long was that I'd left my woods in the bus because I had been intermittently wild with them.

Standing on the tee of that monster hole with a 3 iron was a bit daunting.

581 yd par 5 at this course in south jersey is statistically the longest hole ive ever played. But It went significantly downhill so it played nowhere near the actual yardage. I was just infront of the green in two.

615 yard par 5 at the Shattuck in Jaffery. Its a tight hole to with hazards on one side, woods on the other and a stream that runs in front of the river.

615 yard par 5 at the Shattuck in Jaffery. Its a tight hole to with hazards on one side, woods on the other and a stream that runs in front of the river.

You forgot to mention that the green is on the side of a giant rock and is tiny, nothing holds on that thing. Hitting the green on that hole from 100 yds is not a given.

recently played the dukes course at st andrews - 640 yards par 5 of the back nice hole with stream 10 yards in front of the green.

played a hole in portugal i am fairly sure was 660 yards but was ages ago so not 100%

as a junior i played a bit of cross country golf on the walk home, from the 11th tee down to the 15th green in a straight line, probably around 1200 yards lets call it a par 9.

#2 at San Sebastian (Buenos Aires, Argentina). 687 yards at sea level from the Pro´s Tees , Par 5.
It´s a sligthly uphill monster. Moreover i played it with a 30 mile wind from left to rigth and a little against. 

I hit 3 perfect shots  Driver,  2 hybrid and another 2 hybrid to reach the front of the green by 1 inch. 2 putts to a back pin for and incredible par. 

(The course was 7300 yards and I shoot 81, i was pretty happy with the score because of the long distance and really strong winds)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades