IGNORED

Longest Hole You've Played

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 1572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eagles Landing Golf Club; 665 yard par 5 into a 25-30mph wind. It played at least 100-150 yards longer that day due to the wind. Just brutal! Oh yeah, it was also cool and rainy(no roll).

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I've never played it but thought it was worth posting. The Pillar Mountain Classic in Alaska this week end. Google it. One hole...1,400' elevation change...up a mountain...par 70. I think part of the approved equipment is brush cutters, but chain saws are not allowed. The entire tournament is one hole.

now that is straight up psychotic, but awesome at the same time.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

yardage wise, it's not long, but the 18th at
New York Country Club
is a straight uphill battle. Even if you crack a 300 yard drive, you have to shape shots to land on the some-what flat tiers of the fairway.
It's 300 yards uphill all the way. And not just uphill, i mean like 60 degree incline uphill the entire ride up.

But another long one that comes to mind is: Mayakoba.
7000+ from the championship tees. You have to deal with head winds, cross winds, and all that with gusts up to 30 mph. the longest was this one par 5 where you have to carry it something ridiculous like 250 carry to get over this nastily huge drop into the rock quarry.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Yardage wise, 620...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Junkie, have you played Van Cortland? I usually go to Silver Lake as I live downtown and the ferry is convenient.

Yes. I've played there many times during the week. I have been lucky as there were few people when I played and went around the final four holes, twice.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Wake Forest Golf Club.

Par 5.......711 yards long.

There is a plaque there stating that it's the worlds longest par 5.

The course was okay, but that hole was simply ridiculous.

I can't remember what I scored on it.....but it was ugly.
http://triangle.citysearch.com/profi...golf_club.html
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 weeks later...
now that is straight up psychotic, but awesome at the same time.

how do you enter this mad uphill thing, i would love a crack at that next year

Here is the longest hole I have played:

http://www.springlakegolf.com/html/panther_6.html

Hole #6 on Panther Creek in Sebring, FL
800 from the black, 760 from the blue, 720 from orange, 660 from the white,
620 from the gold and 580 from the green tees.

This course is also home to the Guiness Book of Records' World's Largest Green that measures 42,000 sq ft.

AL

Longest hole I believe I've played is actually at my home course. Hole # 9 (#8 is also a par 5 but is very reachable).

Nickname is "Smokin' Gun" and measures 617 yards from the back tees. I've actually reached it in two once from the whites (around 590 or so), but it was down wind.

Par is normally a good score on this hole.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• 4 weeks later...
Lakeview in SE Ohio. In a high school tournament (about 16 years ago) I played a 610 yard par 5. What made it seem extra long was that I'd left my woods in the bus because I had been intermittently wild with them.

Standing on the tee of that monster hole with a 3 iron was a bit daunting.

My web design business

581 yd par 5 at this course in south jersey is statistically the longest hole ive ever played. But It went significantly downhill so it played nowhere near the actual yardage. I was just infront of the green in two.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

615 yard par 5 at the Shattuck in Jaffery. Its a tight hole to with hazards on one side, woods on the other and a stream that runs in front of the river.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

615 yard par 5 at the Shattuck in Jaffery. Its a tight hole to with hazards on one side, woods on the other and a stream that runs in front of the river.

You forgot to mention that the green is on the side of a giant rock and is tiny, nothing holds on that thing. Hitting the green on that hole from 100 yds is not a given.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

609 yards Belton Woods in Grantham UK.

RIP Our Brave Little Baby Callam Liu, Still Born 12.37pm, 30th October 2007

- VR Cavity irons
- R7 Driver
- V Steel (2006) Fairway (3 Wood)- V Steel (2006) Fairway (5 Wood)- Rescue Mid Fairway (19 Degrees)- Titleist Vokey (Lob Wedge)- Scotty Cameron (Putter)

recently played the dukes course at st andrews - 640 yards par 5 of the back nice hole with stream 10 yards in front of the green.

played a hole in portugal i am fairly sure was 660 yards but was ages ago so not 100%

as a junior i played a bit of cross country golf on the walk home, from the 11th tee down to the 15th green in a straight line, probably around 1200 yards lets call it a par 9.

• 11 years later...

#2 at San Sebastian (Buenos Aires, Argentina). 687 yards at sea level from the Pro´s Tees , Par 5.
It´s a sligthly uphill monster. Moreover i played it with a 30 mile wind from left to rigth and a little against. 

I hit 3 perfect shots  Driver,  2 hybrid and another 2 hybrid to reach the front of the green by 1 inch. 2 putts to a back pin for and incredible par. 

(The course was 7300 yards and I shoot 81, i was pretty happy with the score because of the long distance and really strong winds)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!