IGNORED

Matt Ginella's Terrible Take on Club Pros

iacas

• Administrator

He'd later walk it back, but dude…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being a great athlete doesn’t make someone a great coach.  And vice versa.

I guess we all say things we don’t really think through sometimes.  At least he did admit his original comments were wrong.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I guess we all say things we don’t really think through sometimes.  At least he did admit his original comments were wrong.

The "apology" didn't feel genuine at all. Particularly not after he kept on defending his original take in the replies to the first tweet.

Plus, the "masters of their craft" are already on the PGA Tour. If you call anyone who can break 70 a "master," then there are a ton of "masters of their craft" who are amateurs.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One issue reporters having is not really being an expert in the field they cover. I see this with science reporting, where they don’t fully understand the science. Sports reporters are no different.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

His point lacked a serious misunderstanding around the difference between a club pro and a touring pro.  

If I am wrong, sign me up for the traditional 40 hour pro shop job that pays 150k. I will denounce my amateur status (again) and turn pro! 🤣 🦄 

Sounds like he’s been educated by the backlash. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, TourSpoon said:

If I am wrong, sign me up for the traditional 40 hour pro shop job that pays 150k. I will denounce my amateur status (again) and turn pro! 🤣 🦄 

Seriously.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

The "apology" didn't feel genuine at all. Particularly not after he kept on defending his original take in the replies to the first tweet.

Plus, the "masters of their craft" are already on the PGA Tour. If you call anyone who can break 70 a "master," then there are a ton of "masters of their craft" who are amateurs.

I don’t have twitter, so only read what was visible above.  If he apologized, then walked back to his original argument, sounds like it wasn’t much of an apology.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I don’t have twitter, so only read what was visible above.  If he apologized, then walked back to his original argument, sounds like it wasn’t much of an apology.

Neither do I but you can click on the links and read the further responses to original post, all of which preceded the apology but render the apology ineffective.

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

His point lacked a serious misunderstanding around the difference between a club pro and a touring pro.  

Sounds like he’s been educated by the backlash. 

Someone else thinking the same, lol. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Matt Ginella definitely has a reputation for clueless golf takes, at least with me. I can't remember why I muted him, but I had to unmute him to read these tweets. 

Constantine