IGNORED

Masters Invitation Sent to Wrong Scott Stallings

phan52

A fella by the name of Scott Stallings was sent an invitation to play in this year’s Masters. He was the wrong Scott Stallings and he tried to contact the correct Scott Stallings and send him the invitation. Now, I would certainly try to correct the situation but I also would not send back the invitation. That’s a keeper. It would be framed and hanging on a wall in my home. Or maybe just show up?

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I would not have sent it. The Masters screwed up — they can send the correct Scott a new invitation.

I'd have been tempted to just show up, with my invitation in hand, and see how far I could get. 😉

323801957_1179291796314391_4438112798476

Scott Stallings shared a post on Instagram: "Literally had been checking the mailbox five times a day and then I got this random DM yesterday 🫠 My Masters invite got sent to a different Scott Stallings". Follow their...

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, I might have first tried a practice round or two ... okay maybe 1 practice round before word got around that some 70 year old Scot Stallings impersonator was on the course.

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator

I wondered how it was sent to the wrong address. The PGA Tour would/should have an address or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, iacas said:

I wondered how it was sent to the wrong address. The PGA Tour would/should have an address or something.

I was listening to the Fore Play podcast this morning and they made mention that Augusta takes it upon themselves to send out the invitations based on their own information, thus circumventing (willingly) the PGA system, and I would guess, player information.  Is there any truth to that?

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Great story - I would’ve tried to get in a practice round, but I wouldn’t of made it past the driving range when they looked at my grip

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• iacas changed the title to Masters Invitation Sent to Wrong Scott Stallings