IGNORED

2023 Change to PCC (Playing Conditions Calculation)

bkuehn1952

I looked at my 2022 record. With 63 scores posted, 4 had a PCC adjustment. One was -1, two +1 and one +3 (yes, it was a tough day and the entire field struggled).

I believe the USGA would like to see more PCC-adjusted scores, so they have altered the algorithm used to calculate PCC. In 2022 the PCC had virtually no influence on my index. I will be interested in whether there are more PCC adjustments in 2023. Of course, I am just a single data point, so my experience has limited credibility.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2023 Change to PCC (Playing Conditions Calculation)
  • Administrator

Yeah, it changed mid-2022.

playingconditionscalculation.jpg

One of the most maligned parts of the World Handicap System has been altered. Steve Carroll has the details

The R&A and USGA have told national handicapping associations that detailed analysis of scoring data submitted by countries indicates that a change to the rounding method currently used to work out the PCC would increase the number of times an adjustment is made for abnormal conditions by an average of 5%.

They have said this means that, for example, in countries where a PCC adjustment happens about 10% of the time, it would increase the average to about 15% on eligible days.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades