IGNORED

Best Course in Your City/State

BallCrusher
Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Best Public Course in Westchester-Hudson Hills GC-It's not even close.

Best Private Course in Westchester-That's tough. Wikagyl, Winged Foot, Westchester Country Club. I'd go with Winged Foot.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also add Eagle Trace

you don't like Golf Club of Ocala? my Family lives in Ocala, horse Capital of America

you don't like Golf Club of Ocala? my Family lives in Ocala, horse Capital of America

I just moved down here so I haven't had a chance to play a lot of the courses. And yes this is definitely the horse capial of america haha

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Metro-Detroit

Wow. I didn't know N. Michigan was a golf destination. Those are two great looking courses...especially Arcadia Bluffs.

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I dont know the best public course in NJ. TBH i dont think there is many of them. There are alot of munis and county courses, not many full public ones.

Obviously we have Pine Valley and Lower Baltezhol as the privates none of us will ever even step a foot on...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

hehe i actually parred the 17th at sawgrass and was sooo lucky to even have that chance--look where the ball stopped. only time i've ever really worried about falling in the drink while putting.

How lucky is that!?! Saved by the fringe. Nice par!

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I dont know the best public course in NJ. TBH i dont think there is many of them. There are alot of munis and county courses, not many full public ones.

DFB, there's a lot of good public courses in northern NJ

The whole Crystal Springs resort courses are the truth and are nationally ranked Crystal Springs, Black Bear, Ballyowen, Great Gorge Don't forget in central jersey, Architects just became nationally ranked and has 18 of the best holes you can play..they're replicas of 18 signature holes around the country. Ballyowen's a true scottish links course. 2 other great links courses in jersey are: highbridge hills off of rt 78 and Twisted Dune down by Atlantic city. down in AC there's also Marriot Seaview and the surrounding areas like mays landing. Cape May Golf Club is gorgeous. there's also Harbor Pines, Blue Heron West. talking about municipal courses, it's all bout Morris, Sussex and Bergen County courses. I think Rockleigh up in Alpine if I remember was a pretty well-maintained muni course. out in morris county you've got sunset valley, flanders, florham park and i forgot the 4th muni course they have...all are reasonable on rates (under $50 from what i remember). then 1 of my favorites: Farmstead Golf out in Sparta. jersey has a lot of great courses...i haven't even begun testing the waters down in the sommerset area...and they're LOADED with courses in that county and in ocean county.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

The Number One course in New Mexico.

Course looks nice. Reasonable green fee too for $79.

Wow. I didn't know N. Michigan was a golf destination. Those are two great looking courses...especially Arcadia Bluffs.

Northern MI definately has plenty of golf to offer. If you've ever seen the Par 3 shootout that they broadcast with Phil, Freddy, Arnie, and some other big names... those were at Treetops. We also have Bay Harbor, Forest Dunes, Tullymore, Arcadia Bluffs, Red Hawk, and a few other courses that have been listed in Golf Digest's Top 100 public. Here's some of the best...

http://www.arcadiabluffs.com/ http://www.treetops.com/index.php?method=golf http://www.bayharborgolf.com/index.html http://www.tullymoregolf.com/ http://www.shantycreek.com/golf/index.html http://www.blacklakegolf.com/ http://www.lakewoodshores.com/ http://forestdunesgolf.com/ http://www.garlandusa.com/?page=47 and those are just the tip of the iceburg.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Have you really had the opportunity to play Montreux?? If so...I really envy you

Hey fellow wolfpack fan! I sure have! It was a long time ago though...about 9 years ago. I'm not familiar with Cascata as I don't live there anymore. It must be newer course. Your handicap is really low. Did you play for the Wolfpack?

I dont live in nevada but my uncle does and ive played with him there at Angel Park(Summerlin) and ive asked him about the nicest golf courses there and he says shadow creek is John Wyns's course for his super high rollers is that true

Actually Shadowcreek was Steve Wynn's before he sold the Mirage to MGM. It was a private course only for high rollers.

I reckon this thread probably should have been in the Playgrounds section, but I love the thread anyway.....always love talking courses.

Perhaps. Since the playground section description stated superintendents and architects unite, I thought I would throw this in golf talk (catch all). I'd rather listen to golfer opinions than supers or architects recommending their courses. BTW, Bellerive looks great.

Hey fellow wolfpack fan! I sure have! It was a long time ago though...about 9 years ago. I'm not familiar with Cascata as I don't live there anymore. It must be newer course. Your handicap is really low. Did you play for the Wolfpack?

Actually Shadowcreek was Steve Wynn's before he sold the Mirage to MGM. It was a private course only for high rollers.

Perhaps. Since the playground section description stated superintendents and architects unite, I thought I would throw this in golf talk (catch all). I'd rather listen to golfer opinions than supers or architects recommending their courses. BTW, Bellerive looks great.

you need to experiment with the multi-quote function there buddy.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I recently moved to montclair and im still getting acclaimated to the area. I still drive 1hr/half south to play courses im familar with the people and the scene. My pro is down there as well. I guess this might be a little neurotic of me, but I am a person of color and im wary of playing in new places that I feel like I may not be wanted - it effects my game. I lived in south jersey for a couple years and was a member at cream ridge. I played alot at pine hills (or whatever the name of that place was) in jackson before they went private. I will definalty scope out the some of the morris coures and cystal springs this summer. Thanks!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I grew up in Utah and whenever I head down to Southern Utah (St. George area) there is a course out of the way in Hurricane, UT called "Sky Mountain". It is cut into the red cliffs of southern Utah. It is a public course with very inexpensive rates. The course is always in great shape and I would take it over any St. George or Mesquite, NV course.

If you are vacationing in Southern Utah...Sky Mountain is the place!
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Yo DJ - I get out to Parsippany ALL the time or work, can you give me your top 3 courses within, say, 30-40 minute drive from Parsippany. Public and Private would be great! Thanks man.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

In Kentucky the best courses are probably Valhalla (obviously) and Olde Stone outside of Bowling Green.

Here in Lexington, we have a great muni designed by Pete and PB Dye in Kearny Hill. I dont know about any of the private courses, but Big Blue at The University Club is supposed to be very good.

In the surrounding areas, Old Silo and the Bull at Boone's trace are great courses.

One of my favorites that may not be one of the best is Gibson Bay in Richmond, KY... 8 bucks to walk after 2 on a gorgeously maintained course.

See Golf KY Links for info on these courses

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!