IGNORED

do you think sorenstam or creamer will win every tournament lorena doesn't play in?

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i do, they are both having great success when lorena isn't there to get them shaking in their shoes

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

i do, they are both having great success when lorena isn't there to get them shaking in their shoes

Well, they took the top two places this week, but no, I don't think that it's guaranteed to be one of the three each time. Look at Turtle Bay, if Annika hadn't been there, but everyone else's behavior had remained constant, there would've been a playoff of three people, none of whom were named Paula or Lorena. Fields open, Paula won but Annika didn't have second. Safeway, Lorena won without either of the other two in second place.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That just figures. I saw Paula throw away the tournament when she laid up from a measly 180 yards and then pulling her wedge, forcing a playoff. She should have gone for it, made eagle, and buried Annika when she had the chance. Didn't do it.

About Ochoa: Weren't we saying Lorena O-choke-a just a year ago? She's good but she isn't blowing out the field by 20 shots.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

About Ochoa: Weren't we saying Lorena O-choke-a just a year ago? She's good but she isn't blowing out the field by 20 shots.

When I last saw her stats, she was averaging 67.8 or so. . .and her tournament record was 7 of 10 or something??? Pretty darn good I'd say. It's early in the season, but she plays, she wins--pretty much.

As far as the ? posted by the threadstarter--There are a few other names besides Ochoa, Sorenstam & Creamer. Not many, but a few. So, I don't think you can just assume that if Lorena sits out a week, that Annika or Paula is guaranteed a win. I don't think Annika is really back to normal. Maybe it IS Lorena that gives her the shakes sometimes, but Annika had great confidence. Doesn't seem to be that way anymore.

• Administrator
That just figures. I saw Paula throw away the tournament when she laid up from a measly 180 yards and then pulling her wedge, forcing a playoff. She should have gone for it, made eagle, and buried Annika when she had the chance. Didn't do it.

And left her par putt six inches short in the playoff. Horrible. Basically a three-putt (from the fringe) from about 15 feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Riiight. Go for broke when you're tied for the lead. Brilliant strategy. Just fire a long club at a target as big as my bathmat. Especially when your opponent has been balky on the greens the last few holes.

(That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.) Seriously, to shoot at the island in that situation would have been a confession of weakness: that Paula doesn't think she can beat Annika without pulling off lucky shots.

I never heard of any golfer winning consistently by 20 shots against any sort of competent opposition. Whatever.

And, no, I strongly expect others to win when Ochoa doesn't play. And even when she does, sometimes.

And left her par putt six inches short in the playoff. Horrible. Basically a three-putt (from the fringe) from about 15 feet.

I didn't have a chance to see the playoff, but to have a tour pro three putt from fifteen feet like that is just...bad.

I knew she'd thrown it away as soon as she laid up like that.
Seriously, to shoot at the island in that situation would have been a confession of weakness: that Paula doesn't think she can beat Annika without pulling off lucky shots.

Did you even look at the size of the green? Even I could have made it from 180 nine out of ten times. (Admittedly putting is another matter, but hitting that green was chump change. I thought these people were pros?)

If she was 220 or more out, I could have understood her laying up. But she was well within range of making that green in two, making eagle, and being the hero of the day. And even if she dunked it in the water, don't count out an up and down for par, which would have left her right where she is now, anyway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I think we will continue to see Annika Sorenstam and Paula Creamer play well during the rest of the year. While they are both capable of winning many more events this year (including ones with Ochoa in the field) there are also players like Karrie Webb and Cristie Kerr who are both capable of winning (and playing with good form). Finally you have Carin Koch who has been striking the ball well, and only has her putting holding her back.

BTW: I don't think Ochoa intemidates any of the players listed above. While Sorenstam and Webb will not be in the field at the next tournament ( http://www.lpga.com/content_1.aspx?mid=1&pid;=14591 ) I don't expect Creamer and the others to yield to Ochoa.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

I didn't have a chance to see the playoff, but to have a tour pro three putt from fifteen feet like that is just...bad.

I think you're both being too hard on Creamer. First off the fringe grass around the ball wasn't very pleasent looking, and if you saw the coverage and you were paying attention they showed that the ball jumped before it got on the green. The greens were extremely quick all week, and it doesn't take much for the ball to take off on the players. (I have no doubts that people on this forum would find it difficult to do better).

As for going for 18 in two while it is possible Creamer could have hit the green and had the ball stop it is also very possible that the ball could have bounced and rolled off the green very easily (especially when you consider that mid and short iron approach shots were rolling large distances when players hit the other greens).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

• Administrator
I think you're both being too hard on Creamer. First off the fringe grass around the ball wasn't very pleasent looking, and if you saw the coverage and you were paying attention they showed that the ball jumped before it got on the green.

No excuse for putting the ball six feet past the cup

and then leaving the come-back putt six inches short!!!! So no, not being too hard. It's make or go home and she didn't even get her ball to the edge of the cup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As for going for 18 in two while it is possible Creamer could have hit the green and had the ball stop it is also very possible that the ball could have bounced and rolled off the green very easily (especially when you consider that mid and short iron approach shots were rolling large distances when players hit the other greens).

I saw the transcripts of the post-tourney interviews on lpga.com.

Paula said the wind would have made it impossible to stop the ball from that distance. At 15 yards closer she would have tried it. Annika was also asked if she considered going for the green. She said only if she were two shots behind and even then she'd have to hit a great drive. She also mentioned the wind.

I disagree... not going for the Par 5 was fine... it was the missed putts down the stretch and in the playoff that lost it for her... and especially the bad chip on 17 (I think).

No excuse for putting the ball six feet past the cup

exactly... you have to make the putt to continue... so get the ball to the HOLE!

... I'm a big Paula fan and I say she blew it. Threw-up all over herself.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

annika's play at the kraft nabisco was remarkable, especially her play having the flu

i am just getting over the flu, and i respect any athlete's ability or any one's walk in life to go out and perform under such duress and adversity.

also, i've lost about 8 lbs. with the flu and if anyone would want to get started on an all natural miracle flu reducing program, i can hook you up. nausea, fever, vomiting and diarrhea are all expected side-effects so don't call physician

if anyone is to rise to lorena's challenge, i expect it to be her

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Lorena is just HOT right now, seems like the LPGA has some seperation in the contenders and pretenders. Lorena, Annika, Paula, Petterson, and Webb seem to be the ones that "Lap the field" on a consistent basis.

When Lorena cools off a little you can throw a blanket over the top 4 above...Webb being a "contender".

I think the LPGA is fun to watch, more so than the PGA, sometimes...

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Of course not. I would put money on it.

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

IMO the Ochoa/Sorenstam rivalry is one of the great dramas in golf right now and I plan to witness it this Sunday when my son and I take our annual pilgrimage to Kingsmill.

Note: This thread is 5842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!