IGNORED

Reasonable Driver Club Speed Formula to Aim for?

p1n9183

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Well that's just lovely. 149.99 tag, tax, title out the door with free shipping. Hey I was under an enormous amount of pressure LOL, I didn't even think about looking at the sidebar which I see every day. 

You could email them and request that they add the code.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, tourproto said:

You really are so stuck in your mindset that you can't see anything other than "your way".

It would help if you'd read what is actually being written, rather than what you believe is being written.

It's neither "his mindset" nor "his way."  It's statistics based upon real-world data from all across the golfing spectrum--from pros to recreational golfers, from high-end, challenging courses to goat tracks that aren't so much.

Yeah if I played a course like that, I would swing for the fences.

Again: Nobody's suggesting it's wise to "swing for the fences."  Ever.

The suggestion is one improve their baseline swing speed.

When one swings with maximum effort one nearly inevitably sacrifices a degree of control.  Dispersion tends to increase radically, as does the likelihood of mishits.  But, when one increases their baseline swing speed, dispersion may still increase (it's a geometric thing), but, in a more predictable manner, and mishits should not.

Bottom line while for the "average" golfer 20 more yards may improve their score even from the rough (yeah on a 110 slope course with a course rating of 68 for par 72), it doesn't work that way for me.

Fine. Play however you want.  Nobody's suggesting you do otherwise.  What they're saying is your assertions, your experiences, are not backed-up by the statistics.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting article kind of along the lines this thread has taken, Take note of the last paragraph though. "To accent just how important this part of your set really is, did you know (if you discount the fact that almost all so-called par-5 holes on the tour are really just long par 4s for those guys) the entire PGA Tour is over par outside 9-iron range?"

MA0265_2__90298-1000x600.jpeg

One side-effect of the relentless effort by major iron makers to win the “launch monitor wars” that pit one 6- or 7-iron against another is that the...

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades