IGNORED

Bo the Golfer's Golf Journey

Bo the Golfer

Went to the range yesterday and worked on rotation. My swing historically has been very armsy so getting the feeling of turning back and through was a big help. Hit a lot of really good shots mostly concentrating on wedges with slower swings. Hit a few drivers and saw some success there as well. 

Hit the gym afterwards and had a really good workout. I changed to more of a mass building workout and am excited to see what gains I can make. Be back at it today. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Went to the range today at Scottish Highlands in Salem NH. Worked on getting my chest turning away and then through the ball. Worked out well as shots had a little more distance and more consistent flights. Gained 20 yards with the few drivers I hit. They have a pretty good short game practice area so I spent a good half hour hitting chips and pitches. 

After the range I went to the gym for a back workout. Went well and I'm excited to move forward with this new workout program. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

5 hours ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Went to the range today at Scottish Highlands in Salem NH. Worked on getting my chest turning away and then through the ball. Worked out well as shots had a little more distance and more consistent flights. Gained 20 yards with the few drivers I hit. They have a pretty good short game practice area so I spent a good half hour hitting chips and pitches. 

After the range I went to the gym for a back workout. Went well and I'm excited to move forward with this new workout program. 

I’ve played Scottish Highlands many times. It was my league course and after I retired my go to course in MA/NH.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve played Scottish Highlands many times. It was my league course and after I retired my go to course in MA/NH.

I've played there a bunch as well when I lived in MA. My brother lives in Derry so it was nice to go back there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

New workout program is going very well. Feels like I'm getting stronger especially in my legs which I do twice a week. Seem to be holding fairly steady with weight but at this point I'm trying to lose that remaining fat and get more fit. 

Haven't done much with golf the last couple of days but believe I'm playing both tomorrow and Sunday so I'll report the damage. 

BO THE GOLFER

Played 9 yesterday at Hoodkroft in Derry, NH. Course is not super long but was in good shape and had fun playing with my brother. Shot a 46 with a double and a triple. 4 putted on 1 then used 14 putts the final 8. Lipped out a 30 footer on 9 which would have been a hell of a par save after taking a drop. Had my best day with the driver in a long time. Feel like the swing thought of moving my chest instead of my shoulders is paying off. 

BO THE GOLFER

Did chest and shoulders today. I'm really enjoying how this mass building workout is getting me to feel so much stronger. I've gone up in weights on most lifts quicker than I have in previous workouts. While my goal is really to get more fit overall, lean muscle mass will go a long way towards reaching that. I really want to start the couch to 5k running program as well.  I had done that once many years ago and it just stripped fat off of me. Even losing close to 100 pounds the last couple of years, my belly is still soft and protruding a bit. 

Going to try and play 9 on Wednesday but a few things need to fall into place for that to happen. Hope I can continue the better ball striking I experienced my last time out. Details to come lol. 

BO THE GOLFER

• 1 month later...

Another saga with no ending. I understand that life gets in the way of golf and golf blogging. A short post saying, “I stopped my journey” would at least signal that this trek has ended.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 9:40 PM, Bo the Golfer said:

They finally came!

20240105_182559.jpg

20240105_182607.jpg

What a great looking club, how do you like them compared to Ping?

On 7/31/2024 at 3:35 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

Another saga with no ending. I understand that life gets in the way of golf and golf blogging. A short post saying, “I stopped my journey” would at least signal that this trek has ended.

I've had the craziest last few months one could imagine. I'm not ready to go into it much but it hasn't been great. I will pick up at some point. 

5 hours ago, NHpro said:

What a great looking club, how do you like them compared to Ping?

I love them. Depends on the Ping of course but I've hit a friend's i530's and like the feel of the Takomo 's better. 

BO THE GOLFER