IGNORED

2024 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Practiced on the front nine today (tried to birdie #8 but just made a par, was still somewhat practicing), and then played a bit more on the back nine.

• Missed a 25-footer on 10.
  • Forgot I needed 11 still but almost made a birdie there.
  • Narrowly missed a birdie on 14 after a 54° approach.
  • Reached 15 in two with a driver and a hybrid to the back fringe. Missed the eagle putt, tapped in for birdie.
  • Missed a 20-footer on 16.
  • Forgot I needed 17 and didn't putt. Just hit some chips to practice.
  • Hit a decent drive on 18, a decent 8I to 18 feet, and drained it to knock that hole off the list too.

Not a bad day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Birdied #13 at Quail Brook, which is new. Blocked tee shot right which ended up being fine because I didn't hit it well enough to reach the fescue. Had 110 to the flag and was ready to hit a 3/4 GW to it (even tagged the club) but felt the wind pick up behind me so I decided to club down to the SW and hit it to 4'.

Lipped out a 15-footer on #17 for birdie for a tap-in par that also would have been new.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played my first round at my Home Course last weekend.  No birdies, but got 6 pars on the card, including three in a row from 15-17.  For me, a realistic goal is to Par every hole this year, so this was a good start, including the #2 and #3 handicap holes.

- John

• Administrator

I need… 1, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, and 17.

Today I:

• Hit it in a bunker on 1 and didn't hole out (par).
  • Hit it just short of the green on 8 and didn't hole out (par).
  • Hit a 9I to 10 and just missed the birdie putt.
  • Missed the green on 11 and didn't chip in (bogey).
  • Hit 14 to 20 feet and didn't make the birdie.
  • Hit 16 to 15 feet and didn't make the birdie.
  • Didn't chip in on 17 after an indecisive second shot (par).

So… a lot of near misses. Giving myself plenty of chances lately. I'll get 'em.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Got a birdie on 11 yesterday. Had opportunities to fill a few more out (1 and 16 especially), but couldn't cash the 10 footers. 

6 holes left - 1, 4, 5, 13, 16, and 17. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Birdied #14 at Green Knoll but already had it on my composite list. Missed a 6-footer on #10 that would have been new.

I’m definitely making birdie at a higher rate this year than any other but it still feels like the composite list will be hard to complete. Still lots of golf ahead, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I bumped off 16 today during a playing lesson. I drove it between the two bunkers on the left, chipped it to three feet, and made the putt.

I birdied #15 too, so I'm now -6 the last six times I've played it. Hit another 5I to it today.

Played the whites on 1, 8, and 10 so those didn't count. Pulled it left on 11 and almost chipped in. Hit a PW to 12 feet on 17 and just missed the putt. Hit my tee shot on 14 to the back of 15 tee, so no dice there. 😄

1 8 10 11 14 17

• Thumbs Up 1