IGNORED

The Overreaction to Scottie Scheffler Feet?

saevel25

I keep hearing people talk about how crazy Scottie Scheffler's feet are during his golf swing. I think it is pretty much a huge overreaction.

I mean, here is Scottie just past impact. Umm... nothing unusual going on here. 🤣

image.png

There has been plenty of golfer's who have feet that move around. Bubba's lead foot would rotate a ton into the finish. 

Now, my ankles cringe at this position, lol. Still, nothing to crazy. He just lets his right foot slide forward during his turn because he has a wide stance, and his right turn pulls the foot forward.

image.png

Nothing strange here. 

image.png

Yea, I am kind-of getting tired of people talking about what his feet are doing in the golf swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Yeah, me too. It IS a bit unusual, though, for them to move that much. But… it's largely after impact, and it shows how much he's putting into it.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

People are going to talk about it just because it looks different, and to the majority of the audience, that’s the only part they understand. It’s very similar to the AimPoint looks stupid talking point.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

People are going to talk about it just because it looks different, and to the majority of the audience, that’s the only part they understand. It’s very similar to the AimPoint looks stupid talking point.

This

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

My ankles aren't in the best shape - I could not possibly do what he does.

Would also add, someone like Kyle Berkshire - if you watch him hit drivers, his left foot winds up a long way away from where it started, but it doesn't look as unbalanced as Scheffler's (to my eye anyway).

1 hour ago, Ty_Webb said:

Would also add, someone like Kyle Berkshire - if you watch him hit drivers, his left foot winds up a long way away from where it started, but it doesn't look as unbalanced as Scheffler's (to my eye anyway).

I think Scheffler only looks unbalanced because he keeps part of his lead foot planted so he ends up kind of rolling his ankle instead. If he let it come off the ground it would move very similar to Berkshire’s.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It's because no one squeezes the shit out of their butt like Scottie does. 😜

Vishal S.

6 hours ago, GolfLug said:

It's because no one squeezes the shit out of their butt like Scottie does. 😜

Three cups of coffee and an egg and cheese biscuit in I-4 traffic will have you squeezing with the best of them. 

• Funny 5

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

8 hours ago, snapfade said:

Three cups of coffee and an egg and cheese biscuit in I-4 traffic will have you squeezing with the best of them. 

Hmm.. now I know how all them tour players move to Orlando and become world class overnight. 

• Funny 1

Vishal S.