IGNORED

Shot Pattern App

mchepp

I found this app while searching for something else. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It seems like a poor man's version of Decade or Lowest Score Wins. I like the concept but currently I am not playing enough golf to warrant the cost. Hopefully soon. 

Here is a screenshot from the app.

image.png

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Doesn't seem to do much more than the course mapping stuff in ShotScope. Maybe even slightly less.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Doesn't seem to do much more than the course mapping stuff in ShotScope. Maybe even slightly less.

That's kind of what I thought. 

The ap maybe fine, but Shotscope is so inexpensive and works really well. I'm surprised more golfers don't use it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

That's kind of what I thought. 

The ap maybe fine, but Shotscope is so inexpensive and works really well. I'm surprised more golfers don't use it. 

I've yet to see or meet anyone with one, 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Havent used it much yet but the thing i liked is that you can enter launch monitor data into it and preview courses with your shot patterns

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2024 at 12:34 PM, iacas said:

Hey Erik - 

Eric, creator of Shot Pattern, here. I'm not sure when you checked out the app, but we've continued to add functionality constantly over the past year and a half. Would love to have you give it another go, as I think you'd really like it.

I am not familiar with everything that ShotScope offers, but here are some of the things that it does, many of which are unique to Shot Pattern

- Live Strokes Gained calculated to your aimpoint so that you can better gauge the risk/reward of decisions. Customizable to six different benchmarks.

- Strokes Gained Predictor that allows you to plot your entire shot history onto any course and use it to see an anticipated strokes gained for any club/target combination. This includes the ability to "draw in" custom lies so that you can make the calculation as accurate as possible.

- Calculate your dispersion based on your aimpoint. Our unique shot-entry system asks you to record your target, so that we know exactly how accurate you are.

- Ability to overlay custom simple dispersion visuals for preview or live round purposes that are approved under the rules of golf so that you can safely use the app for tournament & handicap play.

- Launch monitor data upload to quickly build a visual of your dispersion

- Shot by Shot strokes gained unique stat parameters like "Drives in Play" and "Big Misses." Need to add an nGIR metric!

Shot Pattern is the only GPS product that puts strategy at the forefront of everything. I read your book this spring and I think it embodies everything that you teach. Open to your suggestions, however!