IGNORED

Jon Rahm Regretting LIV Move?

Vinsk

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

He certainly didn’t look happy during any of the majors.

I think he'd have looked unhappy playing as he did regardless of whether he'd gone to LIV or not.

To say it another way, I don't think how he looks when he's playing poorly is an indication of much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, Elmer said:

So he is doubling down on his bad decision!!!!

What else is he supposed to do? Even it is sunk cost fallacy, he has no options anyway. Coming out and saying that he regrets going to LIV has absolutely zero benefit for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

He certainly didn’t look happy during any of the majors.

Bet he looks happy when he checks his bank account.

I'm an anti-LIV guy myself and as such I'd like to think that Rahm is feeling some kind of regret for jumping ship, but I don't think he's losing a lot of sleep over it.  And by the looks of him, it certainly doesn't seem to have affected his appetite.

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

Bet he looks happy when he checks his bank account.

I'm an anti-LIV guy myself and as such I'd like to think that Rahm is feeling some kind of regret for jumping ship, but I don't think he's losing a lot of sleep over it.  And by the looks of him, it certainly doesn't seem to have affected his appetite.

Maybe, but the dude never looks happy on the course. He’s like the Roy Kent of golf, plays like he’s angry at the grass. If money truly brought happiness, he’d be whistling Zippity-Do-Dah and skipping down the fairway.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Maybe, but the dude never looks happy on the course. He’s like the Roy Kent of golf, plays like he’s angry at the grass. If money truly brought happiness, he’d be whistling Zippity-Do-Dah and skipping down the fairway.

Did he ever look happy on the course?  Even pre-LIV?   

11 minutes ago, DavidBedwetter said:

Did he ever look happy on the course?  Even pre-LIV?   

I thought he lightened up and played more calm after winning the Masters. He seemed to be maturing. I was a fan of his. I bought into the “I don’t need the money” speak he was giving before he went to the dark side. Really sad IMO. He had already earned many millions by that point.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I think it’s reasonable to think JR thought he was gonna have his cake and eat it too. I do believe he truly enjoys the competition and having all the fans at tournaments.

I think he misses the atmosphere of the PGAT compared to LIV. 
Unfortunately he wants people to believe he didn’t go to LIV for money which is an asinine lie to his fans and himself. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought he lightened up and played more calm after winning the Masters. He seemed to be maturing. I was a fan of his. I bought into the “I don’t need the money” speak he was giving before he went to the dark side. Really sad IMO. He had already earned many millions by that point.

If you were a fan, you would notice his demeanor a lot closer than me, I suppose.  I never really cared much for him.  A ton of talent but was only affable when things were going his way and a super hot-head when they weren't is how I saw him.  Wasn't really sorry at all to see him go aside for the loss to the talent pool.  Funny but most of the players I didn't care for went over there in the first wave.   Sergio, Reed, Pat Perez, etc.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DavidBedwetter said:

If you were a fan, you would notice his demeanor a lot closer than me, I suppose.  I never really cared much for him.  A ton of talent but was only affable when things were going his way and a super hot-head when they weren't is how I saw him.  Wasn't really sorry at all to see him go aside for the loss to the talent pool.  Funny but most of the players I didn't care for went over there in the first wave.   Sergio, Reed, Pat Perez, etc.  

Was anyone ever a Pat Perez fan! 😜

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

The only guy I've ever heard admitting that he went to LIV for the money was Harold Varner II (remember him?). Just about all the others were told to say they were "building the game" or some other nonsense like that. After a couple of seasons of LIV golf, I've yet to see any "building" taking place. Just a traveling entertainment show for a crowd that likes to drink and party on a golf course.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

The only guy I've ever heard admitting that he went to LIV for the money was Harold Varner II (remember him?). Just about all the others were told to say they were "building the game" or some other nonsense like that. After a couple of seasons of LIV golf, I've yet to see any "building" taking place. Just a traveling entertainment show for a crowd that likes to drink and party on a golf course.

Pretty solid. And when LIV just had a ‘show down’ between Koepka and Rham for the win….and it got beat out by the Pickle Ball championship for viewers…that’s pretty rough.🤣

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

55 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Pretty solid. And when LIV just had a ‘show down’ between Koepka and Rham for the win….and it got beat out by the Pickle Ball championship for viewers…that’s pretty rough.🤣

Rahm should have played pickelball against Koepka for the win. Heck, they were both wearing shorts already...😆

• Funny 2