IGNORED

The Players Championship

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope Padraig keeps it up. He always seems to play well at The Players.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is There Live Streaming On The Pgatour.com?

I've been watching it for over an hour (17th only). Seen 2 birdies (Poulter and TA iii), 13 pars and no balls in the water!

EDIT: Goydos just rifles one into the water over the back a minute after I posted this!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I dont even know who Goydos is!..lol

Paul Goydos. You should recognize the name because he has won a PGA Tour event just last season (Sony Open).

Nonetheless, the pros are having their way with the 17th hole so far, but things can change in a hurry depending on the weather. I always like to see one nasty day at Sawgrass each year to see how the guys handle the little par 3.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just wished that the Golf Channel would stop showing what happened to Sean O'Hare, last year. The guy was doing his best to win a tournament and was not content with finishing second. I heard an announcer, I forget his name, who said it was the worst shot he's ever seen and that Sean should have played for the win on 18. His reason? Phil might have put a ball in the water. So, what you're saying is you want a player to forego what he can control and count on another players' mistake?

If the GC wants to keep showing a disaster, show Bob Tway's 12.

As for this year's tournament, Sergio looks great while Adam Scott is putting, well, like a bad Sergio. Should be a good tourney.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I just wished that the Golf Channel would stop showing what happened to Sean O'Hare, last year. The guy was doing his best to win a tournament and was not content with finishing second. I heard an announcer, I forget his name, who said it was the worst shot he's ever seen and that Sean should have played for the win on 18. His reason? Phil might have put a ball in the water. So, what you're saying is you want a player to forego what he can control and count on another players' mistake?

Yeah, that was Ted Tryba, and he just made my list of idiots. The guy went for the friggin pin, and he lost. Whatever the girls name was that is on the LPGA Tour, she said it much better. She said, when you put your head on the pillow at night, you want to know that you lost giving it your best shot, not by laying up or being conservative. TOTALLY agree with her, and with you.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Paul Goydos. You should recognize the name because he has won a PGA Tour event just last season (Sony Open).

Mark Ernie down with a 6. He was -2, now his streak of OVER par rounds continues at 11.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Is it me or does anyone else believe that the 17th hole is purposely dried out? Compared to other holes, I've never seen so many wedge and short iron shots that run and roll like they do here.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
Is it me or does anyone else believe that the 17th hole is purposely dried out? Compared to other holes, I've never seen so many wedge and short iron shots that run and roll like they do here.

It was downwind and, of course, it's exposed to the wind all day. The others get some shade and some wind protection from trees.

So no, I don't think they've dried it out on purpose.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was very happy to see Sergio win. He made some great par saving putts. That 10 footer was huge on 11 or 12. Can't remember the exact hole.

I hope he keeps it up and can go on a nice roll.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I was very happy to see Sergio win.

I was happy to see Sergio Garcia win also. Garcia (like Annika Sorenstam this week, and Trevor Immelman at the Masters) hit more fairways and more greens than every one else in the field making earning the title the best ball striker of the week.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

And the best acceptance speech ever....I'd like to thank Tiger for not being here.....lol

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I realy wanted Goydos to win. He is a local where I live and he belongs to my country club. Everyone at the club was watching and everyone was really disappointed. Way to go Paul!

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

It's a shame that this great tournament is decided by a gust of wind ballooning a wedge on 17, what did that have to do with talent??? Just pure bad luck. I'd rather see them start the playoff on 18, then go 16,17,18.

Goydos did chunk his pitch on 18 and that cost him the tournament but still, it's not fair to start the playoff on 17, too much luck involved.

Happy for Sergio, he's gone through a long dry spell. Those TaylorMade TP LDP Reds got a lot of credit from him under such windy conditions. But none of those players gave any indication that they could beat Tiger, their games just aren't nearly as sharp, and Sergio was right to thank Tiger for not being there, that's the truth.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Rough conditions. Goydos and Sergio both played well. In the end, didn't really care who won because I was going to feel bad for whoever lost, lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Not a "Serg" fan, but what a friggin shot on 17.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!