IGNORED

Worst Possible Scenario - are we doomed?

Lefty731PM
Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For sure not everyone here are liars, I'd have to say 96% of the people here are completely honest, and bring up good points, and really don't bring up huge lies.

Like i said i respect everyone on this forum, but do like to call out people who appear to make up the biggest lie ever.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, its not possible. More than one or two 75's and they shouldn't be 13 handicappers anymore. Figure than the GHIN system takes the best 10 scores if 3-4 of those are 75 you sure as heck aren't going to be a 13 handicap. So either these people are lying, or they aren't posting their scores. Handicaps are not an average they are a potential.

Actually, it is possible (this is being stated w/o actually running the numbers and I apologize for this). But they aren't going to be a 13 for long. I know I don't plan on being at my current handicap (14.2) long. Taking 10 of the last 20 doesn't mean that there weren't some real serious problem rounds....say 12 or 13 of them!

I came into this season as a 16. I was very inconsistant with my swing/ball striking/mental game. I joined this forum in the winter and have learned some things....I've made some changes to my swing (tee to green) as well as changed my approach to putting & chipping. Have shot one round in the 70's and a few in the low to mid 80's. I've posted these scores with the ball down, taking my penalties (stroke and distance) and putting out as is required by my league with which I was posting these scores.

If it’s accurate, you should average about three shots above your handicap. For example, a player with a course handicap of 16 on a course with a rating of 71.1 should score on average about 90. The USGA handicap system is based on 96 percent of the best 10 of a golfer’s last 20 rounds, not simply average score.

How long should one be playing (establishing) before they can designate their handicap as an "accurate" handicap?

Good article by the way!

to be honest id say a months worth or 20 games is accurate.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

aha at a 14 handicap theres only room for improvement.
In My Bag

one of my stated goals at the beginning of the season was to get to single digits. I was 15.5 at the 1st revision this year, then 14.3 and now 13.6. Tomorrow is the next revision and I'm guessing 12.6.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I really dont know what kind of handicap to aim for. i realized even after posting bad scores my handicap doesnt go up, which I like.
In My Bag

I was at about 15 all last year, and really that's what I've played to for years. I decided the 1st step would be single digits, and once I reach that whittle away as much as I can per year.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Odds can fool you though. I've made a royal flush twice playing video poker, which I hardly ever get a chance to play. The odds against making a royal are over 40,000:1. Once, a friend of mine made three royal flushes in one day.

These golf odds are based on a flawed handicapping system and a flawed course rating system, so you can't place too much stock in them. While it woould be VERY hard for a 13 handicapper to shoot a 75, it is possible. Doing it more than once would give cause to use the "S" word. SubPar

I have seen 13 handicaps posting consecutive 70's on this forum. Which I can rarely even do.
In My Bag

How long should one be playing (establishing) before they can designate their handicap as an "accurate" handicap?

A serious round or two is enough. Anything after ten rounds (by the rules) is certainly enough.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also did notice a few who actually improved their handicaps over the winter. Did the courses change their course and slope ratings in the winter or did they move to Arizona?. Dunno.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

A serious round or two is enough.

Do you really think so? It takes a lot more than this. In Australia you need to submit 5 cards to get your official handicap, but that might only really give you a starting point. A few good rounds and it drops quickly, basically it's .3 off per shot under the current course rating but you get .1 back no matter how badly you do. (Different for very low markers)

I have never broken 80, in fact I usually shoot an 86, I played well on Saturday, and shot an 82, But my friend is very inconsistent, he will shoot a 78 one day, and cant break 90 the next, so yet again it is possible

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

Do you really think so? It takes a lot more than this. In Australia you need to submit 5 cards to get your official handicap, but that might only really give you a starting point. A few good rounds and it drops quickly, basically it's .3 off per shot under the current course rating but you get .1 back no matter how badly you do. (Different for very low markers)

I think a small number is fine, but clearly the accuracy increases by the number you've played. But if he gets three rounds into his handicap and then says he's a whatever handicap, I'm fine with the designation.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think a small number is fine, but clearly the accuracy increases by the number you've played. But if he gets three rounds into his handicap and then says he's a whatever handicap, I'm fine with the designation.

This might be a cultural thing. In Australia you don't decide your own handicap. It is an official thing.

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!