IGNORED

Should I draw?

Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am hitting driver straight (with a few slice/fade here and there). Should I aim at developing draw with driver? What about the Irons?

In my Bag:

Big Bertha 460 11* Driver
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Staff Hybrid 21* Staff Hybrid 24* Big Bertha 08 5-SW Irons Lob Wedge Vokey Oil Can 60* Newport 2 Studio Style Putter Balls

I would say no, keep the small fade as it is easier to control and when you fade too much it's not as bad and when you draw too much.

The fade tends to hit and stop rolling sooner, the draw will hit and keep rolling.

I have been working for almost 2 year trying to get rid of the draw and at times I still hit it, epsecially with my long irons.

I would say it depends. Beung is right though, a fade is the easiest ball to hit and control distance with. TBH, hitting a little controled fade or a cut shot is alot easier than actually hitting the ball strait. Most of my shots with clubs longer than a 6 iron tend to draw a little so im stuck with it. If try to make an adjustment to keep from drawing the ball i will usually shank that shot low and right. Hitting a draw is also easier than hitting it strait, from my expereince.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You can have mine, I can't stand it

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

no, you don't have to hit a draw. a draw will give you a little more distance, but a fade is easier to hit and a little easier to control like mentioned above, so stick with it if it works for you.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Learn how to hit both.
It makes golf easier.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I totally agree with what Beung said.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I would definately learn to both draw and fade the ball at will. Whether you use them or not... it helps you fix other problems that may come up with your swing.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!