IGNORED

does any one here invoke the pro v-1 rule?

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking we need a "Scotty Cameron" rule, also. Since I can't afford the high price of these premium putters, any putt I hit that should have gone in the hole, but was slightly off line due to the inferior workmanship on my putter will be considered "holed". Wow, no more 3 putts!!

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so ganja - is your 10 handicap a pro-v1 handicap? Or a dunlop handicap?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

If you're not playing a softer cover ball, then you are getting the advantage of a longer ball flight...no?

The thread concept was very funny, wish you didn't mess it up by being serious.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm thinking we need a "Scotty Cameron" rule, also. Since I can't afford the high price of these premium putters, any putt I hit that should have gone in the hole, but was slightly off line due to the inferior workmanship on my putter will be considered "holed". Wow, no more 3 putts!!

You seem to have a Scotty Red-X in your bag.

In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

You seem to have a Scotty Red-X in your bag.

Dang...is there some sort of "uneven greens" rule, then

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

i cant belive people bite at things like this priceless...

Driver: D1 9.5 stiff (grafalloy blue)
Fairway: 975f 14.5 (stiff)
hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 degree
Iron: 690MB 3-PW (S300 dynamic gold)
Wedge: Vokey RAW 54, 60Putter: studio design 1Ball: ProV1 (or any found balls)Bag: Areo 2 (2.5lb ideal for carrying)Home course:...

If you're playing the Prov1 rule (which sounds dumb and cheap to me), shouldn't you then move your drives backwards as well due to the extra spin?

Learn how to handle what you have.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

if your shot hits the green and bounces over and you know that if you were playing a pro v-1 but aren't because they are so damn expensive, then you get to place your ball on the green where it would have probably ended up if you were playing a pro v-1 due to having extra back-spin.

I am speachless........
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

...can't...stop laughing...!! 10+ burns!
In my bag:
- SQ Sumo2 10.5* Driver with stiff shaft
- Rapture 13* 3 Wood
- i3+ Blades
- 52* Gap Wedge- 56* Vokey Sand Wedge- 60* Vokey Lob Wedge- White Hot XG Marxman Mallet with 35" shaft

they just keep biting...

Driver: D1 9.5 stiff (grafalloy blue)
Fairway: 975f 14.5 (stiff)
hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 degree
Iron: 690MB 3-PW (S300 dynamic gold)
Wedge: Vokey RAW 54, 60Putter: studio design 1Ball: ProV1 (or any found balls)Bag: Areo 2 (2.5lb ideal for carrying)Home course:...

i cant belive people bite at things like this priceless...

So true...Classic....Ganja....rep point coming from me....

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

I started playing that rule today actually. I got my first 3 holes in one.

i might be willing to think it is proper for you to have awarded yourself one-hole-in-one but three? you might be stretching the pro v-1 rule a bit?... or maybe not if you buy me 3 drinks

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

stop complaining and get up and down.

its not just about getting up and down, sometimes my ball will roll into the pond behind the green and so instead of getting a double bogey, i get a par and sometimes a birdie

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

ok then, but when you pitch the ball short do you also move it back of the green, and i bet the ball always spins towards the hole, sounds like cheating to me, pros cant jkudge spin so you have no idea how your ball would have spun!

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

its not just about getting up and down, sometimes my ball will roll into the pond behind the green and so instead of getting a double bogey, i get a par and sometimes a birdie

Pitch it in front of the green then, Pro v's arent some sort of magic balls, you can still get enough spin with medium range balls. if your ball is pitching close and rolling back either strike it better or pitch it shorter, dont try and claim some stupid, that would of spun rule.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

What a stupid rule lol

stupid rule? are you kidding me? my handicap is about to go from a 10 to a 5 and from all the many positive comments i've been receiving, i can tell this is going to improve alot of people's game. one guy even had 3 hole-in-ones with this rule. and going through the many swing tips and advice given throughout the golf world and this forum, i bet this is probably the best tip ever posted to lower one's golf scores

Now your just taking it too far like wtf its so obvious man you've gotta be joking???
Or are you actually being serious..
And also I think you should change your avatar its just a bit queer?
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

sounds like cheating to me

i don't cheat, i play the ball as it lies or as it should lie

Note: This thread is 5790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!