IGNORED

Can Kenny Follow Up His Good Round This Week

shortgrass lover
Note: This thread is 5819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kenny Perry has let two tournaments slip away from him within the last month. Do you think he can hold on this week after firing a first round 66 at Muirfield?

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Yeah, that guy has been a bridesmaid the last month or so, hasent he? Ironically, he is probalby having the best season of any US player besides Phat Phill and Tiger.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Not sure I'd say he really let the Players slip away. At least he didn't let it slip like the one he lost to Imada by playing too conservatively on 18, especially with his length. Regardless, wouldn't be surprised if he struggles a little today but I think we're going to see another weekend with his name near the top so should be fun. I for one hope he plays well and qualifies for the Ryder Cup.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Yea me too. He seems really focused on making the ryder Cup team. But according to Azinger, he's going to have to get a win this season

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Mr. Perry is currently letting this one slip away as well. There is a lot of golf to be played, but he is a couple over on the front nine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, that guy has been a bridesmaid the last month or so, hasent he? Ironically, he is probalby having the best season of any US player besides Phat Phill and Tiger.

Without a win?

Nah.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

• Administrator
Yea me too. He seems really focused on making the ryder Cup team. But according to Azinger, he's going to have to get a win this season

Unless he qualifies in the top 8, of course. But yeah, that's what Paul's saying: to warrant consideration for one of the four captain's picks, you pretty much need to win something, and preferably later in the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This puts Kenny Perry on the Ryder Cup team. I'm sure he will continue his solid play and qualify in the top 8, but with it being in Kentucky, this was enough to get him a spot regardless. And there is only a couple more months of play anyway before the teams are selected.

Looks like Kenny Perry will make it to the Ryder Cup this year. Who will your wildcards be?...mine for the US are, Davis Love III, and Matt Kuchar. (Not Daly, or Duval! ). Uk- Rory McIlroy and Colin Montgomerie.

Looks like Kenny Perry will make it to the Ryder Cup this year. Who will your wildcards be?...mine for the US are, Davis Love III, and Matt Kuchar. (Not Daly, or Duval!

Azinger gets 4 wildcard picks this year. I'll take a wild stab at this;

Tiger Woods Phil Mickelson Jim Furyk Stewart Cink Zach Johnson Kenny Perry Anthony Kim Boo Weekley Steve Stricker Justin Leonard David Toms Brandt Snedeker So much can change so posting potential rosters now is premature. One guy that probably should be in there is Scott Verplank. O'Hair and maybe Mahan are other young players to really think about. Really all boils down how a lot of these guys are playing at the time. And if the vets are even healthy or not... Stricker, Toms, Verplank, Love III, etc.

after look at those wildcard picks, for the sake of argument assuming those top 8 qualify, part of me would rather see some new faces. Something like; Snedeker, O'Hair, JB Holmes or Mahan with maybe one vet like Toms, Leonard or Verplank. Oh well... we'll know more in a couple months!

Note: This thread is 5819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!