IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

My brother was paired with 2 Remax long drivers once. They had 48 in clubs and absolutely destroyed the ball. One of them used to be a Major League Baseball player that didn't make it. He also hit a 260 yard 3-iron... from the fairway.

I had a drive that defied physics once. Perfectly straight down the fairway, but we never found it. Four of us saw it go perfectly down the center, and we never found it... Sad! It was the best drive I've ever it.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother was paired with 2 Remax long drivers once. They had 48 in clubs and absolutely destroyed the ball. One of them used to be a Major League Baseball player that didn't make it. He also hit a 260 yard 3-iron... from the fairway.

So you played with Jason Zuback? So he hit it straight down the fairway ....and it found a "black hole" bunker??? The Remax first place is 250k this year, sounds like a shoe in, make sure you get your 10% managers cut....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Longest I've ever seen regardless of playing conditions was hit by me, roughly 400 yards. Absolutely ridiculous situation (high elevation, downhill, 25+ mph wind). I'm not a long hitter either (avg. about 260).

Longest I've seen in normal conditions is probably around 330 or 40 by several people.

Fore!

I still don't know how my brother in law did this: He had an 160 yd approach on a dead straight 575 yd par 5. No wind, but AMAZING Texas roll.

I still don't understand it.

I didn't see it but have played the Miracle Hills course in Omaha Nebraska where a guy set the world record of a 447 yard hole in one in 1965...and you all think this new equipment is so great...his record was beat by one yard in Hawaii in 2007.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

I saw someone pull a driver out on a short par 4. 347 down hill. no wind. he was on the green for an eagle 2.
That was amazing to me.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I hit one 330 or so a few weeks back, favorable wind though. I believe I hit the ball around 290-300 when well struck. Sometimes that happens a few times a round, sometimes not at all.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Last week a fifteen year old boy had a 345 yard hole in one on number 6 at Lion's Municipal. I seem to remember that it was his 6th hole in one.

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

Oh yea, Lion's municipal is in Austin......

In my bag:
Launcher 460 9 degree aldila stiff shaft
13 degree fairway wood aldila stiff shaft
Halo 2i hybrid stiff shaft
CG4 irons 4 thru PW regular graphite shaftsCG10 wedges 52,56, and 60 degreeOdyssey Putter #4

• 3 weeks later...
i playes with some 19-20 year olds at my course(they work there) and they drove the green on a 350 yard par 5

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

My playing partner and I both drove a green that was around 350.
We were literally next to each other, balls touching.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

i playes with some 19-20 year olds at my course(they work there) and they drove the green on a 350 yard par 5

350 yard par 5?

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

A guy at our club: (these are drives I've personally observed)

1st hole: 395 yards, he was 38 yds. out, no wind. 357 yds.

345 yd hole: Over the green on his drive.

535 yd par 5: 165 out on the drive.

I think this guy hits it as long as the long hitters on the PGA tour, on a consistent basis. Many drives in the 320-335 yd. range.

BTW: my best ever on the 1st hole: 95 out. about 300 yards on the drive.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

sorry par 4 im dumb

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I played in a tourny a couple months back,a friend of mine had 120 left on a 520 yard par 5.It was downwind dogleg left and he hit the perfect low draw on a hard fairway.He played the nationwide and was a good jr. and amateur.Supposedly he beat Tiger in Jrs.once.That's his highlight of his golf career.I think he's gonna give the tour one more shot next year

• 1 year later...
Mine this year at The Wilderness at Fortune Bay - Tower, Minnesota.

I drove the green on a 325 yard par 4 (#13). It hit near the pin and rolled to the back of the green. The drive was around 340 yards.

http://www.golfthewilderness.com/lay...=215&page;=6692

Driver & 3 Wood: Burner Superfast
Utility 17°: 09 Rescue
Irons (3- PW): Original 845 Silver Scott
Sand Wedge 56°: Vokey
Putter: IC 20-10ABall: Tour iXGPS:

360. Hit it myself. I Bombed it right down the middle of the fairway. It's a flat fairway, but it has small hills running along the right side. I hit a drive that was perfect trajectory- a lot of carry and a lot of roll. It probably landed at about 300 or so, hit the downhill of one of the hills, and rolled the rest of the way. Hit it on with a 9 iron and two putted for birdie

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Note: This thread is 5388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!