IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

• Administrator

Not counting PGA Tour (or even Champions Tour) events, the longest drive I've ever seen was actually one I hit. And I hit it 10 years ago with a Titleist Pro Trajectory driver. 340 yards on the #6 hole at Lake View. In the fairway, yes, center-cut.

This poll brought to you by... this post . I liked this line:
Hey, you don’t go to the ballpark to see Barry Bonds bunt.

BTW, I'm really only counting drives on flat holes with normal wind (i.e. little to breezy) conditions. The drive your uncle hit across the huge parking lot and down the street 100 feet downhill from the 4th tee at your muni doesn't count.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows you how little I've been around or how much I've not paid attention but... the longest drive I've seen for sure is one I hit 310+ a couple months ago. Actually, it was a freak accident. It landed in the middle of the fairway for some reason.

I was super impressed when I saw a partner drive the green on the par-4 5th at a local course. I thought for sure he had me there, but it turns out the hole is only 289 yards from the white tees. So he "only" hit it about 290. The hole is a little dogleg left and he hit it over the trees to the green with a Hogan driver he'd borrowed from the pro shop. He was long and strait all day.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I was playing with my father in law and knocked one 332!

Granted I was playing in thin air up in Utah, and had some wind behind me. It's the best drive I've ever had because it was also dead center of the fairway

I'll be in Hawaii for New Years and hope to make it over to the Mercedes Championship and see some really long drives on the 18th.

• 2 months later...

the longest and shortest drive i have ever seen came off of the driver of one of my golf buddies from school. He teed one up on the edge of a drop off at the edge of a lake on a cold winter afternoon. The pond was frozen. He hit it flush and it went bouncing down the ice and after the first or second hop it hit a thick branch hanging over the pond and it richoceted (spelling?) back eventually slowly rolling to bank 10 feet away from us. He picked it up in amazment, put it in his bag and we continued on.

The longest and shortest drive i have ever seen

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

I've a measured (with witness!) 416 yds drive. Slight downhill, 30mph gusts straight behind me. Hit the driver FLUSH down the center... at about 300yds away nailed a sprinkler head dead on, bounced very hard and very high in the air... It was nice to have a 3/4 wedge into the green on a 510 par 5

I've a measured (with witness!) 416 yds drive. Slight downhill, 30mph gusts straight behind me. Hit the driver FLUSH down the center... at about 300yds away nailed a sprinkler head dead on, bounced very hard and very high in the air... It was nice to have a 3/4 wedge into the green on a 510 par 5

so you took bogey right rafi?

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Wish I could have seen that. I'm sure the bounce must have scared you.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Playing in a member-guest a few years back, I watched a guy cut the corner of a short par-5. He wailed at the ball...and I never thought it was ever going to come down. Ever.

The hole plays 510 from the whites and he had 140. Now the ball probably only traveled around 350... ...but I still consider it the best (and longest) drive I've ever seen.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

not sure if this counts, I was in an indoor simulator.
I hit one 332yds, straight down the center.
(needless to say I ended up buying the driver I used, but off ebay for $80 cheaper than what the store wanted)

Peter Valone
Home Course:Mill Creek

"The invisible opponent whose tangible form is the card and pencil; the toughest opponent of them all -- Old Man Par." Bobby Jones

The two longest drives I've ever seen hit were two of my own.

The first was on the 18th hole of Oakland Hills North Course, a 380+ hole. I drove it into the front left bunker of the green, albeit with probably 40+ yards of roll.

The second was when me and my friends were playing a birdie game on the South (Championship) course from the red tees and I cleared the far right side of the lake guarding the front of the green. There was a light breeze behind us but I absolutely pured it. Probably a 350+ carry. Such a great feeling. (and I converted the birdie!)

Here's a picture of the 16th:

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

A playing partner of mine drove the green on a 357 yard par 4 -- knocked it 30 feet past the hole, in fact.

He then proceeded to three-putt for par, while I chipped in from the fringe for birdie.

Ain't golf grand?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

God honest truth. The longest I've seen was hit by myself. Par 4, 408 yards long, downhill drop probably 40 feet from tee to green, straight tailwind about 20 mph.....conditions were perfect, nutted the ball. Bounced once in front of the green, rolled on and over and into the water hazard over the green. Didn't get an exact measurement, but the hazard was 5 yards past the fringe on the green.

Other than that, the next longest was more legitimate, also hit by me at 375 yards. Par 5, 310 to reach the top of the hill, tailwind at about 10 mph, hit it perfect and it bounced on top of the hill and took the slope 65 more yards down the hill toward the green. On in 2, three putted for par. Easy 5.

342 at the nineth hole at Rend Lake golf Course hit by me. of course it rolled down hill for about 20 of it

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

The longest one I saw I hit. Par 5, 489. I was about 50 yards from the green. I hit a lob wedge to 3 feet and made my eagle. Oh, I forgot to mention the small detail about the cart path, cart path, cart path, cart path...

Yeesh, you might wanna go with the X-Stiff shafts, huh? Lordy.

Thats what the blue is in for...but Im building a special driver just for long drive contest here shortly ...oh yeah...Im also only 5'9" at most...the look on peoples faces when I smack the ball 300-320+ down the fairway is great...they never think a short little guy like me can pound the ball like that

Note: This thread is 5348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!