IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched my buddy carry a 370 yard par 4.. granted it was one of his long drive drivers, but it conforms to usga rules so it's a legal driver.. he qualified for the long drive tourney in illinois this weekend with a drive of 367. amazing to see those guys hit the ball.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

I played with a guy in the late 80's that drove a 360 yard green. I ask him later WTF and he said he was a long drive champion a year or two earlier. Hell of a drive for 1989 and still is.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

well on a 520 yd par 5 i hit one that ended up right beside the 150 marker.. so i guess 370.. it was flat, no wind, but the fairways were pretty hard. but i checked it with google earth and it was accurate... but dont worry, i 3 putted for par, and I havent hit a drive near that far since, hell i can barely hit my driver anymore

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

there's a guy i went to highschool with that i've bumped into two or three times on the golf course, and he's easily a 20+ handicapper. he has absolutely no shots in his bag except for the very occasional perfectly crushed driver. the first time i played with him, we were on a 330 yard par 4. he steps up to the box and uncorks a drive that just tore off down the left side of the fairway and came to rest about 5 yards to the left of the green, not quite pin-high.

epilogue: somehow he still managed to bogey the hole.

there's a guy i went to highschool with that i've bumped into two or three times on the golf course, and he's easily a 20 handicapper. he has absolutely no shots in his bag except for the very occasional perfectly bombed driver. the first time i played with him, we were on a 330 yard par 4. he steps up to the box and uncorks a drive that just tore off down the left side of the fairway and came to rest about 5 yards to the left of the green, not quite pin-high.

epilogue: somehow he still managed to bogey the hole.

Over 630 yards with 30 seconds hang time:

The brand-new golf course at the Legends Golf & Safari Resort in South Africa is an amazing stretch of 18 holes designed by 18 different top-flight golfers, including Padraig Harrington, Colin Montgomerie, K.J. Choi, Retief Goosen, Justin Rose, Trevor Immelman and Vijay Singh. And I'm sure each one of those 18 holes is a perfect mini-masterpiece of challenge and reward. Along with, apparently, a lion or two along the way, if we're to believe the brochures.

But that's nothing. Wait until you get to the bonus 19th hole.

The course's so-called "Xtreme 19th" hole is a par 3 -- a par 3 whose tee is atop a cliff on Hanglip Mountain, more than 1,400 feet above a green carved like the continent of Africa. You've got to take a helicopter to get to the tee box, and from there it's more than 630 yards to the pin. Once you tee off, it takes nearly 30 seconds for the ball to hit the ground.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Saw both of the longest I had seen on the one hole on the same day at a corporate golf day. Player in my group drives it off the back of 310 yard hole. The ball is stopped by a small hedge growing on the boundary fence. We finish up and carry onto the next hole.

A guy from the group behind us nails his tee shot and puts onto the second storey balcony of a house across the road from the back of the hole. Must have been about 350 yards and still 3 metres off the ground when it hit. The ball bounced around in the balcony, rolled onto the drive and bounced back across the road to finish up on the verge. No one came out of the house so it's either a common occurence or no-one was home , lol!

the biggest drive i seen was when i was playing in my first tournament by a guy that holds my local course record of 62. He just hit the ball so hard every time but on the par 5 he must have got it right out of the middle, he had a 7 iron into the green.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

~450 on the 18th hole at Kapalua. Ridiculous tailwind+ridiculous downhill=ridiculous drives. The hole is surreal.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

i would have said i was one i hit in a team match which was downhill and down wind and ended up going around 380 but as Erik said they dont include so instead it was one i hit in a junior matchplay game a couple of weeks ago which went around 340 and i only had a flick of my lob wedge on a 390-400yd hole

In my bag:-

Driver:R7 425 8.5*Graffaloy Blue Tour Stiff

3 Wood: 909F2 13* UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff 92g 1.8* torque5 Wood 909F2 18* Matrix Ozic x-con 6 X-StiffIrons: : 710 mb 3-PW +.75'' 2* up with DG X100 Wedges: spin milled 52* and 60*Putter: Newport 2 35''

Longest known distance is one I hit myself. In Arizona, slight wind at my back, I hit it dead pure, and I'm sure I must have gotten quite a bit of roll, being dry and all. It was right down the middle and right near a yardage marker, so it paced off as 362 from the tee.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

A guy i play with from time to time (when he decides to slum it and leave the confines of his perfectly manicured private club) hits a golf ball farther than any ametuer that ive ever stood next to. He can fly a 6 iron 205.

One particular drive he hit was on a 378 yard par 4. The fairway does drop down about 80 yards from the green, but his drive ended up about 20 yards from the front edge. Ridiculous. I pounded my drive, too. But i had around 100 in...

The most disgusting thing about him is that it looks like he swings in slow motion...Hes a big guy (about 6'5) but there is no effort in his swing whatsoever. How he isnt at least on the nationwide tour i have no idea.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I was playing with a group of friends and one of them hit it even with the pin but just missing it to the right on a 345 yd par 4, im guessing 340-345 yards and on a couple of shorter par 4's he actually hit it too far, went past the green on one and almost into the woods. On one of my longest drives ever about a month ago, i hit one about 265 and my friend still beat me by probably 50 yards as he came up maybe 20-25 yards short of the green on a 350 yard par 4 but it felt good to hit a good one myself.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I had a friend in college who was just stupidly long. He could always hit over three hundred and this was before all the technology. This was the early 90s and it was simply small steel heads on the drivers. He hit one in a scramble one day that won the long driving contest at 358 yards. There was no wind and it wasn't downhill. It was pretty much just a huge drive.

But the most impressive shot I ever saw him hit was with a 2 iron. It really wasn't a good shot but it was still impressive. We were playing an informal scramble against a few other guys and we were 260 out on a the par 5 18th. The lie wasn't very good, but being a scramble, we already had one up in the fairway a 100 yards or so from the green. So, he decided to take a whack at it. He hit a 2 iron that never left the pin. But when we got to the green we could never find the ball. So, we lost the hole after duffing our wedges on the other ball. Going out to our cars, we found it in the parking lot a 100 yards behind the green. In order to get to the parking lot with that ball, he had to fly the green by about 40 yards. So he hit a 300 yard 2 iron out of a pretty bad lie. THAT was probably the most amazing shot I ever saw.

This spring my brother, Dad, and a friend went to Guthrie, OK to play golf. At Cimmaron National we were playing in a 30+ mph wind, a par 4 straight down wind, with hard, fast fairways, I hit a drive past the green, 371 yards.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

This spring my brother, Dad, and a friend went to Guthrie, OK to play golf. At Cimmaron National we were playing in a 30+ mph wind, a par 4 straight down wind, with hard, fast fairways, I hit a drive past the green, 371 yards.

Did you read the OP? It says on a flat fairway, with no wind.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Note: This thread is 5377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!