IGNORED

Going through Putters

iacas
Note: This thread is 5911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your approximate "Putter to Years" ratio? (see note in first comment)

• 5:1
    • 2:1
    • 1:1
    • 1:2
    • 1:5
    • 1:10

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used an old school Northwestern when I was learning to play 13-14. When I played JV for my highschool I got a taylormade and kept that from 14-27 (13 years). And as my signature indicates, the Taylormade got replaced last year.

So I'm 1:5 on the nose.

just for the record... I've had
4 sets of irons
4 sets of wedges
2 types of hybrids
5 drivers
5 3-woods, and a few other FW woods
6 golf bags, wow... never realized it, but I've went through more bags than sets.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Well hard to say...

I play the Ping B60 since I started playing golf as a kid, I just switches series like Karsten, iSeries, new Karsten... so i guess 1:1 in models ;) but 1:4 in putters.

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

It seems like the last 2 years i have went through 6 putters. 20 years prior i might have had 3 putter. I wish i still had this old taylormade putter from about 15 years ago. Been searching for the right one since. I am really thinking of trying one of those Scotty Camrons but don't want to spend that much money. I have the ping zing right now and i am starting to like it but not sure if it is the one i want to keep for the next 10 years.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Lost Ball is amazed at how many go through so many putters.

Lost Ball has had 2 putters the last 8 years
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

22 years same putter.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

i have gone through three putters in 2 years and all of them have been cheap. I am currently using a cobra im 01 putter. I think in time for next season i will by an oddessy 2 ball and hopefully i will stick with it

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

• 2 weeks later...
Putters seem to have the most longevity in the bag for me.

Just started using my second putter ever last year. That's two putters in almost 13 years.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

first started playing about 5 years ago and had some cheap arse putter that the kids bash around now.
then didn't play for a while and started again & bought 2nd hand Odyssey white hot #4 or 5. traded that for white steel #1, which I still have but haven't fallen out of love with and recently bought the Taylormade Rossa Daytona which is the best I've had!
I should have also kept the white hot as I prefer the feel of it compared to the white steel.
I'm not going to buy any more putters!!

What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

15 years, 13 putters. Since I got the "Cameron Bug", i keep more than i sell, though.

Ping Craz E
Ping Zing
Ping Day
Ping Anser2
Cameron Newport 2.5
camero n Newport 1.5
Cameron Studio Series #1
Cameron STUDIO sERIES #5
yES MARILYN
yES nATALIE

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

lets see i had an odyssey rossie, then i switched to a STX greeny. I wised up after that and got a scotty cameron studio stainless and have had it for about 4 years.
What's In My Bag?

Driver: R9 460 TP 9.5* w/ Motore F1 75g S
Wood:Exotics XCG-V 16.5*
Hybrids: 3DX Ironwood 3 and 4Irons:695.MBWedges:Stripped Spin Milled Custom C Grind (52*,56*,60*)Putter: Black Series i #9 32" w/ white Iomic gripBall:ProV1Shoes: Foot Joy DryJoysGrips: Lamkin Crossline...

I have been playing the same odyssey putter for the last 8 years and I just bought a Scotty and I can't wait for it to arrive.

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

Well I started with an old Anser knock off about 10 years ago. Used it for a while, and got an Odyssey White Hot. Used it for 5 or 6 years, and decided to try a new putter. So I got a White Hot 2 Ball. Used it for a couple years, and decided I hated it. Then I got the SC Circa 62 #1. That will be in my bag for the next 10 years I think. I absolutely love it.

So whats that 4 putters in 10 years. 1:2.5??

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Was going through one putter every two years, pretty much all Scotty's...

Neport Oilcan
Futura
Studio Stainless

Then I happened across Tom Slighter, and honestly, everything else made is now a distant second place. I won't ever buy another putter from anyone else, and this one's got the potential to be in the bag for several years.

Thanks!
-Mike
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I must be a rare breed

I have an original Ping Anser that was a hand me down from my mom. Its older than me, in great shape and been in the bag since I was 8. Regripped a few times but its all original.

1:15 for me

Driver:  S3 White Limited Edition 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta 65

3 Wood:  Burner 15*

Irons:  Forged Blades 3-9

Wedges:  SV 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter:  Studio Newport

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: 

I'm 1:5 on putters (4 in 20). Let's see, there was the Dunlop generic starter, the Ping B60 (and Zing 2), Odyssey990, and the Odyssey Rossie 2. I am only counting 1 of the pings because it was not my choice to replace it. When my brother and I worked at the same club (16 years ago), we would have some all out matches. One day we had a match and we switched putters. He missed a putt on a short par 3 for birdie and my B60 ended up in the middle of the lake. Needless to say, I kept the Zing 2 as my consolation prize. That was the last time I ever saw him throw a club. I think he thought he was doing the world a favor by ridding it of a Zing 2, but then he quickly realized that it was my putter that flew! Every time I play that hole with someone new I tell them that story. I thnk when I bought the 990 I gave him the Zing 2 back.

The shortest stay was one season with an Odyssey DF 990 that was soon replaced by the Rossie 2. Well, eight years later I put the 990 back in the bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

In this 3 years playing, from beginner to 12 handicap, I´ve tried : 15 putters!!!

So, ratio is 5:1. Maybe I´m a bit picky...

Until l´ve found one that suits perfectly my putting stroke (and my eye), my beloved Slightergolf Tacoma custom made , see at :

http://www.slightergolf.com/custom/c...fset=30&id;=569

So, I´ve tried and owned (it´s crazy), in alphabetical order :

Macgregor M1
Oddyssey 2 ball center shafted
Oddyssey Dual Force 2
Ping Anser 2
Ping Anser 4 (my backup putter)
Ping G5i Zing
Ping UgLe
Ping Zing 2 Manganese
Scotty Cameron Red X2
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 2
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2.5
Taylormade Rossa CGB
Titleist Bullseye
Wilson 8800

.... in 3 years...but I´ve found my putter. Not everybody can say this

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

• 1 month later...
Then I happened across Tom Slighter, and honestly, everything else made is now a distant second place. I won't ever buy another putter from anyone else, and this one's got the potential to be in the bag for several years.

I was on his website, those putters do look pretty nasty. Too bad I just bought my Scotty though. Maybe I will be nice and give the Scotty to my brother and pick me up a Slighter.

As for the frequency of clubs I am usually a 1:1 kinda guy, but with more expensive and better quality putters hopefully it will be a 1:3 or 1:4 now.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Note: This thread is 5911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!