IGNORED

Another rant

xTsUnAmI
Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stereotyping blue collar workers is worse than calling someone a jackass, IMO.

He was wearing his work shirt. Complete with oil stains. Mechanic or something, perhaps.

I have absolutely no problem with blue collar workers playing the course, etc, as long as they show proper etiquette and respect for others.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Cell phones? Meh.

This is why I'm glad that one of the ranges I frequent has forbidden smoking on the lower deck. I have mixed feelings about general smoking bans, and I don't smoke, but this was great.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People talking don't bother me, people smoking don't bother me. What does bother me when I go to a range is when I pull out driver and people stand behind me and watch, it's even worse when they start making comments or calling to their mates to "come and watch how far this guy hits it". Often I'll have upwards of half a dozen people watching. And the thing is I'm not hitting it that far anyway, my 265 to 275 must appear to be a "genuine" 320 to the clowns at the range otherwise why are they watching? Come to think of it maybe they are the ones who post on golf forums that they hit it 280 "on average"

I go to the range to work on things, not to be a source of public entertainment!

That's my rant over with.

I think you have to toughen up a bit to be honest, A bloke talking on the range shouldn't be putting you off.

If some one rang you I can almost guarantee you would of answered the phone on the range.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

People talking don't bother me, people smoking don't bother me. What does bother me when I go to a range is when I pull out driver and people stand behind me and watch, it's even worse when they start making comments or calling to their mates to "come and watch how far this guy hits it". Often I'll have upwards of half a dozen people watching. And the thing is I'm not hitting it that far anyway,

Hit the nail on the head there I think And I sort of enjoy people watching me at the range, if anything it helps me focus more.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

just the range no bigg, should prolly have been practicing putting/chipping anyways :D

Bag:
Driver: 325 (draw)
Irons: mp 32
Wedges: Black Ni
Putter: Teardrop...dominatorBall: nice ones.

You should of hit your driver and then turned and screamed as loud as you can. "I crushed that mother !!!! Did you see how far that sons a bitch went?? Good God I am a golfing monster!!!".

Put another ball down and hit it only to turn and scream in his face. YESSSSSSSSS that ball is crushed!!! holy crap I nutted it!!!!!.

Turn hit another ball and go through the screaming all over again only this time try to grab the phone while screaming "Tiger is that you? Can you hear me? Come on down and let me give you a lesson on how to crush a golf ball or are you afraid? Tiger I know that it is you so get your ass down here. Now. Is this guy with the phone a spy for you? Are you trying to get a free lesson out of me? Huh is that it? Come on down Tiger. Tiger are you listening to me?

Turn hit another ball and scream in his face all over again.

If you did that on every swing he would leave thinking you are crazy or drunk. After he left you could go back to just hitting the ball and working on your game all the while knowing that some rude guy with a phone thinks he just had a run in with the craziest golfer in the world.

Now that would be fun

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

I also turned and looked at him numerous times, but he would just look away and keep laughing

Was he laughing in Korean too?

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Range etiquette is the same as urinal etiquette. Try to keep an open bay between you and the next guy.

That and no sword fights.... (grin)

Also - he didn't speak English? I wonder, then, how he got his bucket of balls? Point and grunt, hold out his wallet and let the counter guy pick out a sawbuck and make change? I am guessing that had you simply asked him to move he would have understood rather well and done so. A polite request will more often than not solve many issues in society.

Andrew

Funny, my mom always taught me two wrongs don't make a right. I guess your session was not important enough to walk over, say "excuse me" and proceed to ask him to lower his voice? Or ask him to please take the conversation, elswhere?

You honestly think not being able to understand the language someone is speaking for 40 minutes shouldn't have annoyed him?

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

You honestly think not being able to understand the language someone is speaking for 40 minutes shouldn't have annoyed him?

I don't see how understanding what he was saying would have made things better. I'd be annoyed too, but the language is irrelevant.

I speak several languages (3 plus English) and have been known to swear in several of them at one time! I can understand the frustration with someone talking like that but I couldn't care less what language it is in. Loud is loud.

Andrew

Now that would be fun

That's... fantastic. Oh my goodness that's fantastic.

I speak several languages (3 plus English) and have been known to swear in several of them at one time! I can understand the frustration with someone talking like that but I couldn't care less what language it is in. Loud is loud.

I've yet to switch mid-swear, but I do this too. For some reason, I enjoy the swear even more when it's in Chinese and comes right after 2+ other players from the pairing were playing guess-his-ethnicity.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, I don't. The language he was speaking was irrelevant. As I stated, the fact that he was talking near him for forty minutes was the issue and an attempt to rectify it was not made. English, Spanish, Korean, Greek, makes no difference. He should have walked over and tried to settle matters. It makes no sense to moan about something that you did not try to rectify. Some people are slow and merely looking at them won't solve the problem. Again, what difference does the language make? If he was speaking English and discussing two strippers that were coming over the house in an hour, does the OP get upset?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

You should of hit your driver and then turned and screamed as loud as you can. "I crushed that mother !!!! Did you see how far that sons a bitch went?? Good God I am a golfing monster!!!".

Thanks! That was the funniest post I have read on this site...

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!