IGNORED

Pick your favorite players irons!

JYB
Note: This thread is 5627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is your favorite? Specify which in post.

• Titleist AP2's
    • Mizuno MP-57's
    • Bridgestone J36 Blades
    • Callaway X Forged
    • Nike CCi Forged
    • Taylor Made r7's
    • Ping i10's
    • Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls
    • Cobra Pro CB's
    • OTHER Ping
    • OTHER Titleist
    • OTHER Mizuno
    • OTHER Bridgestone
    • OTHER Callaway
    • OTHER Nike
    • OTHER Taylor Made
    • OTHER Cleveland
    • OTHER Cobra

using the mp60's now...but I'd love to get my game together to go to the 67's or a real blade someday. they just look sexy & setup so nice
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said Other Mizuno.

Look at my sig and see. I use MP-32's and love them.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

If I could afford them, I would play with either the Vega 50th Anniversary Blade or the RAF-CM Limited Edition Raw Finish. Both are beautiful irons and have almost identical specs to my MP32.

Now, if I could only do something about that $3000 price tag.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• 2 weeks later...
I love my Mp30's to death but they are fading fast as far as condition goes. I recently hit the Cleveland CG Tour irons at a demo night. I love everything about those irons. Thin sole, paper thin top line, little to no offset, and an excellent solid feel. Im hoping to snag a set of those at the end of the year.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

it seems that Titleist & Mizuno are by far the favorites for the players on this forum. I would assume that's the way it is most everywhere for sure.

Big fan of the x tour. Love the click I hear when I hit it.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I'm torn between the 57 and the 60...have you hit other of those? Just wondering whats the difference..other than it looked like 57 you can get project x 5.5, and the 60 in just dynamic gold.

I will say that the Project X is much better than the dynamics. I have them in my Mizuno's and I really like them. They are a little lighter than the Dynamics, but they feel much better at impact than the Dynamics. It is a feel and preference though. Which ever one feels better to you.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

• 3 months later...
You did not give me the option I require.
I would choose Tom Wishon Golf Technology's
555c or 550c depending on the "players" swing technique

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

AP-2s becuase they look nice and play very well.

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

Mizuno MP-33's.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Mizuno mp-30 or mp-60 have the best feel, but not the graetest forgiveness.

905R 9.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
906F4 15.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
G10 hybrid 18 degree w/ V2 reg.
MP-30 3-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Vokey Tour Chrome 56* and 60* Yes Callie Forged 34â TP Red Hoofer Vantage Team Bag

The MP 57's, i just got them and they are the sickest irons ever!

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

Titty 755's, just love them!

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find it funny you Put GI irons like the mp 57 and r7, which are clearly GI cavity backs, but then include J36, which are pretty much the polar opposite of those previous two.

I agree that the R7's are GI irons, but IMO, and I think in most peoples opinion's, the MP-57's aren't GI irons.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

The 2009 version of the Callaway X Forged irons are looking very....very sweet.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!