IGNORED

aberdeen scotland trying to stop the construction of world's greatest golf course

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

not having time to read whole thread but.

I'll go with this guy's reason...also, for the guy that said they are lagging behind...he must have never been there. The Castle course and Kingsbarns would beat most new courses in the US hands down. I've played almost all of them here and there and have found Scotland to be above.

However, Ganja also proved his worth in stating that golf is meant to be played with soft greens...I guess too much time with a pipe!

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Golf as it was invented was never meant to be played on soft greens with hotel complexs and riding in carts and wearing hawaiian shirts and carrying 5 wedges....

Golf in its truest form is on the links course of Scotland where you have to play the course on the ground as well as on the greens. By that I mean you have to take into consideration how the ball will bounce rather than hitting it to a spot on a soft green and having it stay there. Peter Thomson won 5 Open Championships using this knowledge as one of the shorter hitters who won by playing golf the way it was meant to be played.

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

i normally find your comments perceptive or amusing or both but that is unpleasant, insulting and inaccurate.

while i can find no accurate statistics on the propensity of scottish goat farmers and sheep herders towards beastiality, being that there are so many jokes about their zoophilia suggests there may be some fire creating this smoke. sorry if i have offended.

not that trump is a worse plague than syphilis ever was, and who i hope this uber-environmentalist will back plans to reintroduce the wolf into scotland which were killed by sheep herders in the 1700's http://people.icess.ucsb.edu/academi...uction_ERA.pdf Wolf reintroduction to Scotland: public attitudes and consequences for red deer management Erlend B. Nilsen1,2,*, E. J. Milner-Gulland3, Lee Schofield4, Atle Mysterud1, Nils Chr. Stenseth1 and Tim Coulson3 1 Centre for Ecological and Evolutionar y Synthesis (CEES), Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1066 Blinder n, 0316 Oslo, Norway 2 Department of Forestr y and Wildlife Management, Hedmark University College, 2480 Koppang, Norway 3 Division of Biology and Centre for Population Biology, Imperial College London, Silwood Park, Ascot, Berks SL5 7PY, UK 4 Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2PY, UK Reintroductions are impor tant tools for the conservation of individual species, but recently more attention has been paid to the restoration of ecosystem function, and to the impor tance of carrying out a full risk assessment prior to any reintroduction programme. In much of the Highlands of Scotland, wolves (Canis lupus) were eradicated by 1769, but there are currently proposals for them to be reintroduced. Their main wild prey if reintroduced would be red deer (Cer vus elaphus). Red deer are themselves a contentious component of the Scottish landscape. They suppor t a trophy hunting industr y but are thought to be close to carrying capacity, and are believed to have a considerable economic and ecological impact. High deer densities hamper attempts to reforest, reduce bird densities and compete with livestock for grazing. Here, we examine the probable consequences for the red deer population of reintroducing wolves into the Scottish Highlands using a structured Markov predator–prey model. Our simulations suggest that reintroducing wolves is likely to generate conservation benefits by lowering deer densities. It would also free deer estates from the financial burden of costly hind culls, which are required in order to achieve the Deer Commission for Scotland’s target deer densities. However, a reintroduced wolf population would also carry costs, particularly through increased livestock mortality. We investigated perceptions of the costs and benefits of wolf reintroductions among rural and urban communities in Scotland and found that the public are generally positive to the idea. Farmers hold more negative attitudes, but far less negative than the organizations that represent them. Proc. R. Soc. B doi:10.1098/rspb.2006.0369 Published online

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

if there is any william wallace here, its donald trump who is trying to save the game of golf in scotland but he's too modest to be running around in a kilt

The game needs no saving in Scotland.
trump is quite passionate about this course and will not give it up for the dear love of his mother who was born in scotland

As a tribute to his mother, I don't think turning a natural Scottish beauty into a piece of cheap American trash is quite what she'd have appreciated.

The man is bad taste personified. I bet the place would be dripping with 'Trump Tartan' with 20 foot bronze busts of the Trump adorning the hotel.

I mean have you seen his clothing line?

In my bag
Driver - R7 CGB Max 9.5 Stiff
3W - R580 Stiff
Irons - MX-25 4-PW Project X 5.5
Hybrid - Halo 3iWedges - 52 & 60 Vokey Oil CanPutter - Studio Style Newport

Trump's hubris leaves me aghast, in all areas, not just golf.

The folks there have the right to say "No" to him. They've done so. Maybe in the long term they will be proved right or wrong, but it's there call.

Trump's hubris leaves me aghast, in all areas, not just golf.

the people of aberdeen want the course, its just a few sand-dune huggers who have been able to block the project

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I can't really understand why he's doing it.
The weather in Aberdeen is awful; even at the height of summer, it's rarely what you would call 'warm' and a course on the N Sea coast would be essentially unplayable for 6-8 months of the year!
If he gets to build it, he should call it 'Trump White Elephant'.

the people of aberdeen want the course, its just a few sand-dune huggers who have been able to block the project

Then they should elect new politicians who will approve the course.

• 2 weeks later...
Are Americans really viewed as so egotistical and bad over there?

Although Americans are seen as immensely helpful and courteous when on home soil.

What anti-US feeling there is in the world is originated by the past and present actions of the government, but vented at individuals (in my opinon).

Although Americans are seen as immensely helpful and courteous when on home soil.

maybe, but arrogance in my dictionary has a picture of an american beside it. i do realise its strange to have a dictionary with pictures!

• 4 months later...

I think Ganja is just winding you guys up. None of those posts look serious to me.

Yes I am afraid you are .

maybe, but arrogance in my dictionary has a picture of an american beside it.

I always love to see comments like this from our brothers in the UK. As an "ugly American" who has lived in the UK, Italy and Spain and traveled Europe plenty, I've always been treated with open arms and smiles wherever I go. You lot love to talk smack on forums and with each other in pubs, but when we show up in person, it's "tell me about America, I've always wanted to go there".

The one exception to being greeted with a smile was while checking into a hotel in Portugal. It was late and I didn't have a reservation. As I asked the lady at the front desk if they had a room, she looked me up and down with a sneer of contempt. Then she demanded my passport. It was clear I was unwelcome and was going to get the tiny, smoking room by the elevator and snack machines.. After seeing the blue passport she gave me a big smile and apologized, saying "sorry, I thought you were British".
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

maybe, but arrogance in my dictionary has a picture of an american beside it.

Not really. But when you get to sixth grade, then you will find the books have less pictures in them.

To gangagolfer: Thanks for the laughs. Unfortunate that so many don't see the humor. Maybe you need to put a smiley face next time!

why would you want to go all the way to scotland and play a scottish course when you could play any cheap summer burned-out hardpan bump and run course in podunk, iowa or pickerington, ohio?

You're joking yes??

the course trump builds will earn it, everything he does brings excellence to it. he even decided to bottle wattle and now its "the best water in the world". have you seen his kid barron? he's so cute! or evanka? what a hottie! he even makes the best kids in the world. he even made a vodka that is now "the best vodka in the world". so i think scotland should let donald, who is a scot himself through his mother, let him build them the best golf course in the world.

Are you possibly a lost relative of Trump's looking to inherit when he goes? That's strong weed you're smoking.

I'm not convinced by the eco warriors either but Trump is just into to it to make money so I'm definitely not going to take anything he says without a large bucket of salt.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are Americans really viewed as so egotistical and bad over there?

Regrettably, a lot of opinion is influenced by recent government behaviour. All the Americans I've ever met as individuals from all over the world have been, in general, wonderful people. It's a shame that governments tend to act like a bunch of ar*eholes....and I include ours in that!

Yes I am afraid you are .

See above.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!