IGNORED

Who else loves Rick Reilly?

FlopShotArtist
Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you like Rick Reilly?

• Yes
    • No

Everytime he comes on the screen, I laugh atleast once.

"Tiger's caddy is a beast. I think he could bench Phil's caddy 3 sets of 20!"

Do you like Rick Reilly?
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I like the SI version of Reilly, who mainly just wrote articles. I'm not gonna lie though, he annoys the s*** out of me now. Maybe its that I don't think he's very good on camera or maybe his style has changed since switching to ESPN but I can't really watch or read him anymore. Another problem that I have right now is how he wrote an article before the Open saying that everybody should be rooting for Lefty and that there's no fun in rooting for Tiger and now he's all over him. Who knows. (sorry to put a damper on your thread lol)
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

I love this guy. He's a fresh face to compliment someone like Lerner..

"It's the US Freakin' Open!"
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I love this guy. He's a fresh face to compliment someone like Lerner..

Rich Lerner? What a fruitcake.

I find Reilly entertaining and enjoy his reads, and hope to see more of him in telecasts.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

reilly is god

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Anyone read his books? I have read Missing Links (a novel) and Who's Your Caddy. He is a great writer, and really builds lot of characters for his subjects (in Missing Links). His style is apparent in both books though. I loved them.

As the saying goes, I wouldn't piss on Rick Reilly if he was on fire.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Reilly was on the last page of SI for a reason, he and his articles are/were a after thought, could care less either way, neither like him nor hate him personally....

Anyone read his books? I have read Missing Links (a novel) and Who's Your Caddy. He is a great writer, and really builds lot of characters for his subjects (in Missing Links). His style is apparent in both books though. I loved them.

"Missing Links" is the best golf book ever written. The follow up "Shanks for Nothing" is equally hilarious. I need to read Who's Your Caddy but have never gotten around to it. Check out his first column on ESPN, pretty much the basis for "Missing Links". http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3433689
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

"Missing Links" is the best golf book ever written. The follow up "Shanks for Nothing" is equally hilarious. I need to read Who's Your Caddy but have never gotten around to it.

excellent article!

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I hate Reilly. I read his article on ESPN.com about how we should all be rooting for Phil Mickelson instead of Tiger at Torrey Pines. He talked down about Phil refering to him as a "small dog who needed this big treat" or something along that. Phil Mickelson does not need a U.S. Open to validate his career. 34 victories and 3 majors is good enough to put him in the books as the best left handed golfer ever.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

I don't like him on T.V. His writing isn't bad though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I liked most articles in SI, but I can't stand him on camera. I'm trying to post an intro along with this, but I'm not able to at the moment.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R5, 9.5 degree
Fairway woods: 973F
Irons: RAC, 3-AWWedges: Vokey spin milled, 56 degreePutter: White Hot #7Ball: Pro V1

I hate Reilly. I read his article on ESPN.com about how we should all be rooting for Phil Mickelson instead of Tiger at Torrey Pines. He talked down about Phil refering to him as a "small dog who needed this big treat" or something along that. Phil Mickelson does not need a U.S. Open to validate his career. 34 victories and 3 majors is good enough to put him in the books as the best left handed golfer ever.

Every story needs an angle and a hook.

What else would he have written about before play started? I doubt that dexterity was a good angle.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Rick Reilly is a hack writer. He has an article this week about the Georgia high school kids setting up the umpire and drilling him with a pitch during the State High School Baseball Championship game.

Deadspin had the story the day after it happened. Reilly is a hack fossil.

Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!