IGNORED

Yow! $700 690.MBs

iacas
Note: This thread is 5645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I just visited

gppgolf.com and looked up their pricing for 690.MBs. $899 - same as anywhere. I noticed a "name your own price" thing, so I put in $700, fully expecting to get back a "ha ha, yeah right!" response. Instead, I got this:
Please let me know what specs you are looking for or call me at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and ask for xxxx and I will do the $700. Thanks.

Yowzers!!! I'd never heard of GPPGolf.com (saw a link to them from somewhere on another blog, I believe), but there you go. I've since emailed them to see if they might want to sponsor this site in some capacity. If so, I'll see if I can get Sand Trap members an automatic 5% off or something like that. I'll report back if I hear anything... Anyway, I've not been fitted at my pro shop yet so I won't be ordering the irons any time soon, but I'll keep the email around for sure. Anyone have any experience with GPPGolf.com? P.S. Do not ever order anything from BHMGolf.com.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's a pretty good deal, I've never heard of GPPgolf so I can't comment on them.

However, I imagine that the prices on the 690's are going to be coming down pretty soon when Titleist releases the 695 MB's. You may be able to get a great deal from your local retailer as well as other online stores (tgw, golfdiscount, etc.).

I'd also suggest looking at the 670 MB's they're the smallest blade titleist makes and have a VERY flat penetrating ball flight.

• Administrator
Gack! When are the 695s due? I may just want to wait for them. I haven't heard or seen much about them.

I don't think I'm interested in the 670. I have a more sweeping swing and rarely take much of a divot; that suits the 680/690 from what I've read. The 670's got a wider sole and more bounce and camber. The 670s aren't mentioned very often...

Of course, at this point, I'm pretty much up in the air about things.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
All of this being said, I'm not sure I could go horribly wrong with any of the clubs we're talking about, but I do want to try to get the best set for my needs at the time of purchase and beyond.

Googling "titleist 695" doesn't turn much up at all. The PGA show is coming in January, but Titleist typically doesn't care much about that...

I don't think I'm interested in the 670. I have a more sweeping swing and rarely take much of a divot; that suits the 680/690 from what I've read. The 670's got a wider sole and more bounce and camber. The 670s aren't mentioned very often...

If I could have my ideal set of irons, PW-7 would be 670, 6-2 would be 690 MB. I like that low boring trajectory in the scoring irons especially on short par-3's.

Titleist has been tighter than a snare drum about their new products, but I do know that a lot of players were using the prototypes of the 695's on tour late this year. I keep hearing that they'll be introducing the new products very early in 05, but then again titleist hasn't ever been a company that gives into pressure. They'll introduce them when they're good and ready. Finding info about the new metal woods has been about as difficult as the irons and involves a lot of heresay. Some say that the technology in the driver is all new, other say it's just a 983 with a deep face. While I love the way Titleist sticks behind their products for a while, I don't like their, "mums the word" policy on new products. It's hard for customers to get excited about things when they have no idea what to expect. If you don't make it to PGA tournaments and see what the players are using for yourself you have no idea what's going on in the R&D; department.

• Administrator
Yeah, that's the same link I found. I don't want to buy a set and then have the new ones introduced a week later. I'll probably purchase in late March. Supposedly Titleist is going to have a demo day in February at my indoor range. I don't know how much time I can expect to hog here hitting a bunch of 5Is.

It's a pity they don't do more of the combo set stuff, too.

• Administrator

Just putting in something Kiran said elsewhere:

I was inbetween the 670, 680, and 690MB. The 690MB definately hits the ball higher between the MB versions, but the 690 CB has the highest flight of them all.

• Administrator

Just an update. Went to the golf dome today to hit the 5I 690.CB they have. Took my old MacGregor Jack Nicklaus Classic 5I and my 962b 5I. Both of my clubs have the Golf Pride Tour Wrap and the DG S300. The 690.CB had the S300 and the stock grip.

The 690.CB hits the ball just a little higher than my 962b and quite a bit lower than my old blade. I was surprised how my old blades got the ball up quickly (too quickly), but they've really got a lot of weight low. They look a lot like this club .

The 690.CB looks a little bit bigger than my 962b. I imagine the 690.MB will look the same. I liked the looks of the club at setup, and hitting shots it felt very solid. I'm not sure if I want to go with the 690.MB or the 680, but I think I've narrowed it down to those two. I may just go with the 690.MB bent a degree strong or something like that...

Or maybe the 695s. We'll see...

P.S. Titleist's "find a dealer" locator only lists golf courses (country clubs). It doesn't even list my home course (which has a Titleist fitting kit) or the golf shop I go to (which has a fitting kit). I'd travel up to 100 miles to find a very, very good fitter, but most courses have probably closed down. And the "find a dealer" locator doesn't sort by distance.

• 2 years later...
...Anyone have any experience with GPPGolf.com?

I've ordered several things from then, mostly golf balls and have had good service. My two cents.

I've bought stuff from GPPgolf nothing but good experiences. I think your offer was a kick of the tires and unless you went ahead and bought from them soon, I wouldn't honor that. People do not like tire kickers or window shoppers, for some reason. Not that you did anything wrong, but how long should they have to honor that?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• 1 year later...
Iacas, did you order thru GPPGolf then ?
They have things that is really cheap now
As i have friends in USA coming back to Msia, i would like to get golf shafts or 3 wood from the USA

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

yes buddy, just wonder whether are these genuine ?
i have scour the web and found no one cheaper
the 07 burner driver and 3 woods are really cheap

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

I just visited

I ordered a magnetic headcover for my driver a few months ago. I got a sock cover in the mail, talked with them on the phone and they said a new one would be in the mail that day. A couple weeks later I hadn't received it yet, so I called them back, they said it'd be in the mail. The following week is when the hurricane hit Texas, so that killed communication from them for a couple weeks, and I assumed it disrupted the shipping (not their fault I know).

I got ahold of them again a couple weeks later wondering why I hadn't received the headcover. They told me they no longer had any in stock, and didn't have it when I ordered it. That kind of turned me off to them... but they did refund my money.

I ordered a magnetic headcover for my driver a few months ago. I got a sock cover in the mail, talked with them on the phone and they said a new one would be in the mail that day. A couple weeks later I hadn't received it yet, so I called them back, they said it'd be in the mail. The following week is when the hurricane hit Texas, so that killed communication from them for a couple weeks, and I assumed it disrupted the shipping (not their fault I know).

At least you got a free headcover. I guess. Idk how the burners are that cheap, it's pretty crazy.

No I didn't get a free headcover, they were going to charge me the price of the magnetic headcover if I kept the sock headcover (the magnetic was cheaper than the sock at the time, go figure). I had to send the sock headcover back. I then found the magnetic one for even cheaper though on Golfsmith. It worked out in the end, just didn't like waiting 2 months for a headcover...

Note: This thread is 5645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!