IGNORED

Course Attire

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wear khaki Docker's golf shorts and a nice collared golf shirt everytime I play. I never tuck in though. I actually think that a tucked in shirt with shorts looks worse than untucked. I won't wear cargos or no collar, but I don't really care if other people do. What looks nice to one, may not look nice to someone else.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit worrying about other people and play some golf.

Amen to that. When it stops raining, that is exactly what I am going to do this afternoon.

The course I have been playing at doesn't seem to care what anyone wears, as long as it is is not indecent, but I am sure that my game will improve to a point where I might be invited to some more upscale clubs, so I would really like to know about apparel "etiquette". I really could care less about what other peoplea are wearing, and I can certainly get the no t-shirt thing and and the bit of not wearing shabby, worn clothes, but what's up with jeans?

Golf is a good walk spoiled. ~Mark Twain

I hate, repeat hate polo shirts...I am so sick of wearing them. I had to wear them in high school everyday and I did in college. I am just tired of them on the course. I like the Nike Mock Shirts. The fabric is awesome and they look nice.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Cargo Shorts should not be allowed on the course. Most courses ban them anyway, so it is not an issue.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Mr. Sandman,

Why should they be banned? I wore some yesterday...

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Mr. Sandman,

Yeah, I wear them almost everyday to the courses I play at.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Yeah, I wear them almost everyday to the courses I play at.

What are cargo shorts? I've never worn shorts golfing..

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

What are cargo shorts? I've never worn shorts golfing..

Are you serious? Is it too cold up in Canada or do they not allow shorts where you play?

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Are you serious? Is it too cold up in Canada or do they not allow shorts where you play?

Haha no, its actually really hot, but I don't mind the heat and I don't boil. It's the look of my golf shoes, black and pointy. Makes me look like a fool when I wear shorts.

I also prefer to wear pants, Love them alot more.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Cargo Shorts should not be allowed on the course. Most courses ban them anyway, so it is not an issue.

I guess you don't go to any of the NYC munis then...Last year in 100+ degree heat I wore cargo shorts and a cut-off tank top. Noone said a word :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I personally dont think its acceptable to wear, "golf sandals". IMO, its just tacky.
When Im on the course, if Im not wearing my Tam O'Shanter hat, knickers and knee socks; I wear khaki pants, a polo shirt and a nice baseball cap.
I consider a golf course to be a somewhat ritzy place and you should at least try to look respectable.
Around here, there isnt really much of a dress code on the golf courses. Jeans and sleeveless shirts are fairly common.
I personally have no problem with someone dressing like that, but its not something that I personally would wear on a golf course.
I guess the way I look at it, Im more worried about my game and in having fun than I am in what other people are wearing (unless its an attractive-looking woman and in that case you gotta at least check her out, it would be downright rude not to...).

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If cargo shorts were banned, I would be out of luck because 1) that's about all I have and 2) I refuse wear the typical golf uniform (khaki pants/bermuda shorts and polyester golf shirt). My shorts are cargos and my shirts are cotton polos/mocks/t-shirts (when possible). I always get a chuckle out of guys who dress like they are on the tour while playing the local muni!

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I guess you don't go to any of the NYC munis then...Last year in 100+ degree heat I wore cargo shorts and a cut-off tank top. Noone said a word :)

Uhoh.

We have a badass alert! It's a city course, wear what you want. You probably can just get on anyway without paying and nobody would notice. Go to an actual course with that on, see how fast they point you to their proshop for acceptable clothing.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I play at two courses.

One is a Country Club with very strict dress code. The marshal once told me to tuck my shirt in and once approached one of my buddies when he was about to tee off to turn his hat back around.

The other is horrible par three course next to a trailer park which is frequented by people with their four kids, in jorts, tank top with a cig in their mouth

I will take the dress code

Im just starting out and i wear cargo shorts and my shirt untucked. The untucked shirt is because its like 110 in south texas and the cargo shorts is because i carry alot of crap (xtra balls,tees,skycaddie,notebook and pen,) and other random crap. So for me its functional. Plus i only play local muni's so its not a problem. Plus id rather be spending my money on clubs and other stuff rather than clothes just to impress some old snobs.

If the commitment is not there, it's time to walk away -Larry Flynt-

You need to get out more.

I've never played a course that banned them, and that includes country clubs. All they are is Bermuda shorts with a couple of extra pockets.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jorts....hahaha...that is funny.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Uhoh.

So... what is an "actual course"?????? I agree that the tank top is inappropriate anywhere except at the beach or gym, but there is nothing in the world wrong with clean cargo shorts. The kids who wear them so the waistline is below the buttocks are out of line too, but that type is rarely seen on a golf course... too hard to walk, carry your bag and hold up your pants all at the same time.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!