IGNORED

Anyone Use Tilley Hats

InTheTwenties
Note: This thread is 936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My brother wore a Tilley on every continent there is.  Took pictures of locals posing in the dang thing. He finally lost it, and Tilley replaced it, but the new one had no Mojo.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Esox said:

My brother wore a Tilley on every continent there is.  Took pictures of locals posing in the dang thing. He finally lost it, and Tilley replaced it, but the new one had no Mojo.

I have a Red Sox hat that as been around the world many times and on all continents except Africa and Antarctica. I retired it so as not to lose it!

Tilley has a great replacement program. A close friend of mine had a T3 Wanderer hat for many years. It finally had an issue with a snap and threading coming loose. They replaced it for free.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have a Red Sox hat that as been around the world many times and on all continents except Africa and Antarctica. I retired it so as not to lose it!

Tilley has a great replacement program. A close friend of mine had a T3 Wanderer hat for many years. It finally had an issue with a snap and threading coming loose. They replaced it for free.

You didn't miss anything in Africa. My brother caught some bug that wiped out his kidneys, he has been on dialysis for almost two years now.

7 minutes ago, Esox said:

You didn't miss anything in Africa. My brother caught some bug that wiped out his kidneys, he has been on dialysis for almost two years now.

Sorry to hear that. My Mom did rescue physical therapy work in Haiti and the same thing happened to her.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 9/29/2021 at 9:50 PM, Zippo said:

I can't speak to the hat but I use these things in my golf hat and they really absorb a lot of sweat. They are also pretty durable. I do not have any financial interest in these at all - just like them a lot:

Amazon.com: No Sweat Golf Hat Liner & Cap Protection - Prevent Hat Stains Rings, Moisture Wicking, Headband, Sweatband, Hat Saver & Protection, Prevention, Cooling Towel Effect (6-Pack) : Sports & Outdoors

Don't knock this but believe it or not, feminine panty liners work just as well and cost pennies each. Peel and stick them on the inside rim and trim to fit. Obviously the unscented ones are recommended.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

I use something similar from time to time.  We have two wide brimmed hats at my parents house and since I had gone without my golf bag, used a hat.  The one problem I found with it was on some swings I found my arms touching the brim of the hat.  Will try it again a couple of times but need to ensure it doesn't distract from my game

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

4 hours ago, paperclip said:

Don't knock this but believe it or not, feminine panty liners work just as well and cost pennies each. Peel and stick them on the inside rim and trim to fit. Obviously the unscented ones are recommended.

Makes sense but I may feel a bit odd doing that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Makes sense but I may feel a bit odd doing that.

Just don't tell anyone, it's an old racer's trick

• Thumbs Up 1

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Note: This thread is 936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!