IGNORED

How many people plan annual golf trips?

OrlandoGolfBlogger
Note: This thread is 4609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was reading about the Golf Digest Ambush and this question came to mind. I've never planned a vacation that revolved around golf and I was wondering how many people actually did? I think it would be an awesome trip to plan. Perhaps we can start theSandTrap.com's annual golf scramble!

Dave

This will be my first year. I am going to Wisconsin to play Whistling Straits.

We are also planning a winter trip down south

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I went on my first one to Arizona last year. Nothing like playing golf in 117* weather. It's not humid, though.

Only drawback was that my tee times to TPC Scottsdale were canceled due to some renovation work.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I have always wanted to plan a golf trip but figured it wouldn't be fair to the wife. I am just waiting for her to take a trip first so I can say, "well you got to go to xyz place". If we do start a thesandtrapers.com trip, I am in!

I'm doing one sometime... haven't yet. Wife has done a couple of trips with her girlfriends, so it's my turn. I'm more concerned about getting a decent trip that doesn't cost a small fortune, but I haven't really researched it yet.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI...

My trip to Whistling Straits with hotel and rounds at Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run with the cost of fuel will be about $950. That is total cost with food and everything.

Golf at Whistling Straits is about $410 with tip for caddy

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I do two a year with my golf association. About 30 of us head to an east coast location for a 4-day 6-round trip.

Much to my wife's chagrin, even my family vacations have some golf involved.
I was reading about the Golf Digest Ambush and this question came to mind. I've never planned a vacation that revolved around golf and I was wondering how many people actually did? I think it would be an awesome trip to plan. Perhaps we can start theSandTrap.com's annual golf scramble!

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

We usuaully do one in April every year to Myrtle Beach(6 hour drive from here), started with 2 people and grows every year. Its always a nice break for everyone.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I have 2 vacations planned, one in Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) in July and Miami, Florida in August. These'll be my first golf vacations... any recommendations as to which courses to play at?

Driver: G10 9* Matrix Ozik XCON6
Woods: i15 15.5*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Hybrids: i15 23*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red; i15 23* UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Irons: S57 5-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vintage Tour 52*; :eidolon: 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

i'm fortunate enough to travel about 30 - 35 weeks of the year on my own terms... thought they're all business related (minus 2 weeks for pt), I get to play
Thursday after I land, Friday before the club...do a club on Friday.
after the club go straight to the 2nd course... play saturday morning.
get back sleep for a few hours..do the show..then a club.. then fly home sunday morning & recover all day...

but this year, i'm planning STRICTLY golf trips... everyone should check out
spirit airlines...they have $9 flight specials.. yeah.. $9!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

For the money, Myrtle Beach has some great deals in the fall. Some people complain about Myrtle, but if you are just going for some hardcore golf, it is perfect.

I think most of those shorts allow cargo shorts as well, so fourputt and lemay should be all set

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Although it's only about an hour from my house, me and my golfing buddy recently went to Orange County National to stay for 2 nights (site of the 2007 PGA Q-School). We played 3 rounds there and also played Celebration Golf Club (near Disney) and Champions Gate. Five rounds of golf in 3 days.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

Although it's only about an hour from my house, me and my golfing buddy recently went to Orange County National to stay for 2 nights (site of the 2007 PGA Q-School). We played 3 rounds there and also played Celebration Golf Club (near Disney) and Champions Gate. Five rounds of golf in 3 days.

I've gone down to OCN twice. Great value, and great golf.

They have a lodge on the site. No amenities, no room service, etc...., all about the golf. But it is a decent price, and the courses are great. Also, the putting green stays open until 12:30 am, and the practice facility is the best I have ever seen. Just a great golf experience. Also, I think they may allow cargo shorts, so Lemay, fourputt and teal could head over there with their skateboards for a nice outing

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

That's awesome! Right up my alley, I've got some rounds scheduled at both OCN Panther Lake and Champions Gate International in the next few weeks. I'm a pretty big fan of Celebration, the first time I ever played there, they had a guy driving around in a cart handing out ice cold towels he dipped in mint scented water. It left a lasting impression on me.

Since you live in Tampa, you should look into getting the Disney annual golf membership. It's a really good deal for Florida resident's, only $50 bucks for the year. Disney Annual Golf Membership Let me know when you plan your next Orlando golf trip, we'll meet up and play a round!

Dave

i absolutely agree 100% about Celebration.
last year on 7.6, I played there. My driver was WILD. the pro there said:
son, come at the ball at a flatter plane. He showed me the plane to work with...and that right there changed my game forever.
they even honored my weekday rate on a saturday morning! now that was crazy!

For trips, I like to use sites like
TeeTimesUSA.Com.
check them out. they've got great prices for florida golf.

I'll be in Orlando on 7.18 & 7.19 if anyone wants to get up for a round. im thinking celebration again or champions gate - the national course.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

That's not a bad idea, but I was reading about the logistics of taking your clubs with you.

WITB: Driver: TMAG R11S 12* TMAG RBZ S2 3W HL (17*) RBZ S3 3H, 4H, 5H Irons: Rocketbladez 6-PW Wedges: Callaway MD2: 52/12S, 58/14C Putter: Nike Method Mod 30

We go every year in May (long week-end) to Boyne Mountain (Michigan). It is a 8 hour drive but really worth it. Usually 7 rounds in 4 days but this year we played 9 rounds in 5 days... It is golf, golf and more golf... a bit of poker at night.
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Yeah, OCN was a freakin' golf mecca. Great courses, great service, overall great golf experience. Without a doubt, OCN had the most attractive and friendly staff in the restaurant of any club I've ever been to. It was June, so it was a hot weekend, but they had guys drive around the course just to check on everyone and hand out more bottles of water.

Champions Gate was great as well. They had a guy that offered those ice cold wet towels that was mentioned before.

However, I was most impressed with Celebration. I don't know exactly why, but the whole golf experience there was just fantastic. Maybe it was the incredible homes that lined the course or just the overall scenery. Not a very long course, but it was definitely a "target course". It seemed like every green was surrounded by trouble.

I've thought about getting the Disney Golf Pass before. I've played every course there. Some more than once.

Disney (Celebration also), OCN and Champions Gate certainly know how to take care of there golfers. My buddy and I kept joking that we aren't going to be able to go back to the local course we have our Monday league at, which now seems like a cow pasture compared to these other courses.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

Note: This thread is 4609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!