IGNORED

What is your least favorite saying that is popular?

Ceej
Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The use of the word "literally" out of context drives me batsh*t insane. That and double negatives.

"I literally nutted this drive...."
Did ya? Ewww....

"There ain't no....."

The use of the word "literally" out of context drives me batsh*t insane. That and double negatives.

If they truly mean literally, it sounds awful painful.

I hate it after I hit a horrible shot, "What'd you hit?", I'm like WTH..like it matters.

Try my response in that situation:

"My skirt on the downswing."
The use of the word "literally" out of context drives me batsh*t insane.

That is one of my biggest pet peeves. It's like 95% of the population has no idea what the word "literal" actually means.

And I wouldn't mind so much if it was just every now and then, but when was the last time you heard it used correctly? A new one for me is the use of the word "starving" instead of "hungry". I know it's very petty and I was just as guilty as everyone else of using the two words interchangeably. But at some point (and for some unknown reason), it dawned on me that for the typical American to claim s/he is "starving" just because they haven't stuffed their face in 3 hours was a little (forgive the pun) . . . distasteful. Especially considering the current obesity problem in this country, where even our poorest citizens are overweight.

The use of the word "less" when "fewer" should be used. If you can count whatever it is you're talking about, the word is "fewer", not "less".

I cringe when I hear faculty say something like, "We have less students in 106 than we did last year." I have to bite my tongue with that one.

Apex 1 Persimmon
R580 XD 10.5°
3DX 3-9,PW,SW
Louisville Golf: Niblick 4
Putter

Do as I say, not as I do. Most arrogant phrase to date IMHO.

Taylormade R7
Taylormade R580 3,5,7 wood
Callaway X-18 irons
Cleveland 588 SW
Odyssey #1 XG Putter

Young boys ages 13 - 14 are saying hella alot and I stop them and say don't swear.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Generally, whenever someone says "git r done," I simultaneously want to vomit and pummel.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Note: This thread is 5787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!