IGNORED

F%&king Gas/Fuel Prices......

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking to pick up a lightly used Caddilac CTS but I take public trans to and from work... I just want something nice and reliable for nights and weekends

I have no idea what gas prices are going to do but I'm young and would rather spend more on gas to have a nice car than drive a corolla and have zero style

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their salaries have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the price of gas. They fail to cite in that article that their salaries albeit higher than before have only increased 3.65% from 2 years ago. That is fairly standard among many fortune 50 CEOs.

I never did say that the current gas prices are a result of the salaries, it was just a comment. The US economy is going on a downward trend, while the oil companies, and their executives, are making record profits. Its the open market that is forcing the prices higher and higher with oil.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I wasnt saying you were making that statement. Just that the article implied it. The economy is on a downward trend. But lets not forget that when we were in a huge upswing a few years ago, the oil execs salaries and those of many many other fortune 500 companies were not making record numbers. In fact 5 years ago, many of those execs got 0% increases. I work in the salary industry and many people want to jump on those making lots of money (not saying you do), but its not fair. If gas was .99 a gallon, nobody would care about their salaries at all. Yet at that point they should be skyrocketing because "they have kept costs low", but in reality, their salaries went down when oil prices were low.

Your right in the fact that I would not give two sh%ts about their pay if the gas prices were low. But, since gas prices have such a massive effect on the economy, I think its a point (profits & salary) that needs to be brought up. I am by no means condeming people that make a lot of money. I believe you should be paid for your worth. My favorite golfer is Tiger. His salary and pay make those oil execs look poor, but he brings in massive amounts for Nike and his sponsors. If golfing went downhill, it would not effect everyone, like the oil industry is doing.

It also could be a blessing for the country as maybe some new, cleaner advancements could be made that will allow america to "get off" oil. I am a project engineer and work in construction so I can see how oil prices have changed construction. I am seeing a lot more products and construction techniques that are using less oil.

How long does the US allow the oil industry to hurt the economy? That is my main question. At what point will they step in or will they let it go and encourage companies and designers to make alt. fuel products?

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

I switched to a car from an SUV. My wife still has an SUV though, Trailblazer. It's an extra $160 a month to keep it gased up, and she doesn't drive as much as I do, but we need at least one big car in my family with a kid, another on the way and a dog.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

It doesn't affect me too much. Both of my cars are small sports car with 4 cylinders that get decent mpg. I can fill up the Miata for about 30 bucks and drive it 250 miles and the Elise for about 25 and drive that 220 miles (I drive it hard on the weekends, it's my toy).

During the week driving the Miata I can easily go 1.5-2 weeks on a single tank as my commute is only 10 miles round trip a day including going home for lunch plus driving to go run errands, play basketball, play golf etc. So realistically my gas cost a month are 60-80 for commuting and another 60 for weekend racing/cruising. At worst it's not even $150 a month which is less than single fill up on a Suburban these days.

If I had a family or needed a bigger car to haul stuff around in I would probably get a Mini Cooper S. They get about low 30's MPG with good power and handling and decent space. Or I would get a Subaru wagon WRX or Legacy etc.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

The article about CEO salaries related to high oil prices is completely ridiculous. Consider the numbers.

The US Imports about 1.5 Million barrels of oil per day. At and average right now of $135 per barrel that is $202.5 Billion dollars per day on spending of foreign oil. Not Domestic Oil that is produced in the US.

They cited 3 CEOs making $21.7, $15.7, $15 Million. If you were to take all of these salaries away from the CEOs and give it back to the country and supply more oil you have bought about 25% of the total oil imported in one single day.

The problem is oil consumption is too high, oil speculators, China/India demand, and the week dollar due to he FEDs lowering the interest rate. This problem has nothing to do with over inflated salaries. It’s a Macro problem, not Micro.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

The article about CEO salaries related to high oil prices is completely ridiculous. Consider the numbers.

That is obvious. Nobody said the high gas prices werea result of salaries to the executives. The point I think they were trying to make is how they were making more profits and the general public was suffering from the same events. Anyone with half a brain would know that a 15 million dollar reduction (one salary) would have zero impact on what we are paying.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Then what is the difference in what the CEOs have made. It's not going to affect our (the consumers) bottom line. If they have no control over the price of oil the entire article is Moot.

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

But the article would never have been written if gas prices were not too high. Their salaries were the same when the gas prices were low. Where were people then? The cost of food has been going up like crazy for restaurants. Do we get mad at Chris Sullivan or Bob Basham the owners of Outback Steakhouse Inc for their salaries? No, of course not.

True, Outback is pretty luxurious, and I thought our country ran on Dunkin'?

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x

Its simply an example of where people want to blame the wealthy for worlds woes. The execs salaries have NOTHING to do with the cost of oil. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I switched to a car from an SUV. My wife still has an SUV though, Trailblazer. It's an extra $160 a month to keep it gased up, and she doesn't drive as much as I do, but we need at least one big car in my family with a kid, another on the way and a dog.

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

You guys think you have it bad ? works out about $10 a gallon over here, heating costs $250 a month (and the idiot Prime minister is still adding tax to it.)

You guys over there have a lot more taxes on your fuel than we do.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Minivans really arent much better on gas than an SUV. Most minivans only get about 20-25 mpg, which is only about 5 mpg better than a midsize SUV. My parents have an '07 Ford Explorer V8 and it pulls 20-22 mpg on the highway.

Besides, front wheel drive isnt a good thing when you live in a place like Illinois that has snowy winters. Last winter was my first experience with driving a front-drive vehicle in the snow (I drove my ex girlfriend's '07 Chevy Malibu) and it sucked. Now I know what people mean when they say that front-drive vehicles have a mind of their own when you drive them on snow and ice...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Tell your parents that this is a safe bike that you wont go 175 mph on........

IM thinkin more along the lines of this...

sexy.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Nice bike. Ya I wouldnt get a Ninja 250. I just made that suggestion because its slow and thought your parents might be ok with a slow bike.

Ducatis are awesome. I like this bike:

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Its simply an example of where people want to blame the wealthy for worlds woes. The execs salaries have NOTHING to do with the cost of oil. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

While their salaries don't have a direct impact on the cost of oil, the increase in oil prices increase the profits and stock prices of most oil companies. I believe it was the Exxon or Mobile CEO who retired last year and was awarded with almost $400 million in stock options. Plus, when these guys receive their bonuses, they are going to receive a very healthy cash influx.

I'm not against it, this is why we live in a capitalist society and companies are in the business of making money. However, it would be naive to believe that the oil companies are not excited over the increase in prices and profits.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!