IGNORED

Mark Hensby

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would like to be the first to congratulate big mouth Mark on his tied for 39th performance at the Australian open. +10 way to go. I first heard about this idiot while reading the story on The Sand Trap. Negative remarks about Greg Norman go over like a fart in church especially if you are an Australian. People have been lining up on the Golf Channel to defend Norman and trash Hensby. I wonder if any of the forecaddies at the open "accidentally" kicked his ball into a divot?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hensby is a doofus, he won the john deere classic, big friggen deal, and now he has an opionion on everything and a forum to voice it, he isn't winning so he's gotta keep his name in the news somehow.

What's in the bag

Driver:Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3 Tour-Aldila Nvs
3-wood:Callway Big Bertha-Aldila nv shaft
Hybrid:Callway Heavenwood 2h and 3hIrons:Titleist 735 cm 4-pwWedges:Cleveland Cg10 54 and 60Putter:Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball:Callaway Hx tour 56Bag:Ping J bag..Red...

Well, I am not really taking Hensby's side, but he does have an opinion. Like it or not, he at least speaks what he feels. And that's more than I can say for a lot of people I know. And I'm sure there are a lot of professional athletes who don't speak what they feel either. I would rather go down swinging than be a fraud. :)

That being said, his comments weren't really valid. He stated that Greg Norman hasn't done anything for any Australians in the past. Wasn't Norman the main guy on the Adam Scott bandwagon? If it weren't for Norman, we might not have ever seen Adam Scott on the PGA Tour.

Greg Norman may not help Hensby, but that's his choice. When I think of golf in Australia, Greg Norman is the first guy I think of. He was great for the country and great for golf.

I don't agree with what Hensby said about Norman, but I do respect him for giving his opinions on the subject.

You know what they say about opinions and a**holes. There is a difference between having an opinion and just liking the sound of your own voice. Mark Hensby likes to bump his gums to anyone who is dumb enough to listen to him and write it down. I think he has realized that criticizing a huge golf icon like Greg Norman gets you way more press than tieing for 39th place in the Australian Open even if the criticism is entirely baseless. I give him no respect at all, nor does 99% of the golfing world. He needs to just shut up and go away.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

With all due respect to your opinions, a T5 finish at Augusta and a T3 finish at Pinehurst will also get headlines.

I think the guy's golf game speaks for itself. He is a very good golfer. Whether or not he is a jackass is another question, but the guy can play golf at the highest level.

Oh yeah, he finished with a T15 at the British Open as well.

I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, I'm just trying to state the facts that he is a damn good golfer (Above average for sure)

And what he said isn't even comparable to what Rory Sabattini did to Ben Crane earlier this year. I think that is far worse than what Hensby said about Norman. And there is a good chance what Hensby said was taken completely out of context by the media. I saw what Rory Sabattini did with my own two eyes.

Was is smart to say? NO. Should he be beheaded for it? Absolutely not.

• Administrator
Well, I am not really taking Hensby's side, but he does have an opinion. Like it or not, he at least speaks what he feels. And that's more than I can say for a lot of people I know. And I'm sure there are a lot of professional athletes who don't speak what they feel either. I would rather go down swinging than be a fraud.

You're only a fraud if you lie. If you don't say anything, you can't be fraudulent.

As the saying goes, better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're an (idiot, *******, etc.) than open it and prove them correct.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't know, if people already thought I was an idiot, I would sure like to prove them right. :)

And besides, I agreed with what Hensby said about Michelle Wie, and I'm happy he spoke his mind about that. I already stated that I don't necessarily agree with what he said about Greg Norman, but it was his opinion. An opinion isn't fraudulent is it?

His game is certainly not in question and I don't know what he said about Michelle Wie but if it was negative I may have to move him up a few rungs on my sh*t list. I personally think it is a joke every time that little princess takes a spot in a tournament meant for a male golfer. Then again that is for an entirely different thread. Is there a Michelle Wie bashing thread on here? Oops there I go again proving what was only expected, I am an idiot!
P.S. If I had to play three consecutive rounds with Ben Crane I might lose my mind too.

If not Norman, than who?

What's in the bag

Driver:Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3 Tour-Aldila Nvs
3-wood:Callway Big Bertha-Aldila nv shaft
Hybrid:Callway Heavenwood 2h and 3hIrons:Titleist 735 cm 4-pwWedges:Cleveland Cg10 54 and 60Putter:Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball:Callaway Hx tour 56Bag:Ping J bag..Red...

Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!