IGNORED

Thrash Talk: 2006 Comeback Players

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, it's never too early to start looking ahead to 2006. I figured I would use most of December previewing the upcoming 2006 season, which is only a month away. First up is the comeback players for next season. You will have to read Thrash Talk in the morning to see who my picks are, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple questions.

1. Which golfers will have a comeback season in 2006?

2. Which golfers would you like to see have comeback seasons in 2006?

There ya go, and be sure to read Thrash Talk in the morning.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, it's never too early to start looking ahead to 2006. I figured I would use most of December previewing the upcoming 2006 season, which is only a month away. First up is the comeback players for next season. You will have to read Thrash Talk in the morning to see who my picks are, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple questions.

1. Ernie Els. Steve Flesch (played 30 events still 99th). Racco Mediate.

2. David Duval with out a doubt. Fred Couples/John Daly, not a comeback but would like to see him in the top 30 for the TOUR Championship.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• Administrator

1. Don't care
2. Don't care

"Comeback Player of the Year" is one of the gayest awards out there. "You really sucked last year, and you didn't suck quite as bad this year. Good job!"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1. Don't care

sounds like u won that award a time or two

just jokin
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

1. Don't care

I disagree obviously. I think it shows a lot of courage and hard work for golfers to fall in a slump and then get things right again. Not everyone can dominate like Tiger every single year. Guys fall on hard times, whether it's in their personal lives, mental aspect, etc.

It shows a lot of mental and physical strength to overcome their poor play over time. If David Duval makes a comeback next season, it will be great for golf and great for Duval. So yeah, I definitely think comeback player of the year is a big award.

The golfer I would like to see come back to his winning ways is Notah Begay III. Some of you may remember him as he won four tournaments on the PGA tour in 1999 and 2000. He was a member of the 2000 Presidents cup team where he played with his former Stanford teammate Tiger Woods. Since then he has struggled with injuries and finally lost his tour card last season. He is currently in Winter Garden, Florida preparing for the final round of the PGA tour qualifying school. I know Notah and have played several rounds of golf with him over the last 10 years. He is a good guy and I wish him the best in his comeback.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1. Ernie Els - I want to see if the knee injury is going to affect him at all. I don't know if you can really consider it a comeback or not.
2. Davis Love - OK, so he's not really a comeback player either, but other than 2003, he's only won 3 PGA Tournaments since his victory in the 1997 PGA Championship and none in 2004 or 2005. I want to see him win a couple in 2006 and be in the last group of one of the majors. I think you saw him turn a bit of a corner at the end of the year and it may mean good things for DLIII in '06.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 6738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!