IGNORED

Most Memorable Round of Golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started with a double boogie on the first hole and end up with a hole in one on the last hole to shoot even par on a par 3, 9 hole course many years ago.

My first hole in one and also that fact that I started with a double boogie and ended up shooting par.

I framed the ball, score card and took a picture of the hole and I almost forgot to mention. I started the round by myself but two ladies join me before I made my hole in one to witness and sign my scorecard.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Probably the 1st day of the club Championship, hit -1 on the 3rd hole to take the lead, and continued to lead after 7 holes.. 8-18 are another story.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Very first hole, my dad flew the ball in the hole from 100 yards, but it bounched out and hit the pin.
3 holes later, i hit the pin from 90, mine just hit the pin, it didnt land in the hole.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

1) proposed to my wife on the tee box on the 7th hole at Pebble Beach 16 years ago. I played the day before and proposed the next day.

2) Shot my best round of golf with a birdie on the 18th hole.

3) Second hole in one on the 8th hole at Harding Park about 188 yards away.

4) First eagle

5) Any round playing with my son.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

It wasn't my best round ever, but it was the most memorable. I can't remember the total score (80-82 I think), but I had six birdies in the round. A few big numbers also, and very few pars. The weird thing was that I shot a 38 on the back, (par 36 - 2 par-5's, 2 par-3's, 5 -par-4's) but I did not write down a '4' on the card. I had four 3's, four 5's, and one 6. I didn't think too much about it until I started looking through other scorecards. How many times do you play and not write down at least one four over nine holes?

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

In October 2001, my boss I asked me to play. I figured we'd be playing at his club, but he told me we'd be playing Newport CC in Newport, RI. It was the site of the first US Open in 1895. One of our vendors' was friends with the Superintendant at Newport, so he got us on the course.

It was a warm day in early October and the leaves were at the peak of their change in New England. We got to the course and there were NO cars in the parking lot. I thought to myself, "OH SH*T, no golf today", but we pulled into the lot to wait for our contact there. Every parking space had a plaque with the name of the member whose spot it was and there was no other spots. I think we parked in Mr. Pierce's spot.

Anyway, our contact got there, we putted around for a bit and then he just said "Alright, let's tee off". I was still confused since he didn't talk to anyone and there was NO ONE on the course. On the first tee, someone came running out of the clubhouse (image) yelling "Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?" Again I thought, "OH SH*T, no golf today". A few words from our contact and the club pro said "Enjoy the day!"

I shot terribly that day, but didn't care at all at such a beautiful, historic club. Every hole I just kept shaking my head at the fact I was playing there. There was only ONE other foursome on the course the entire time we were there. We took a 90-minute lunch at the turn and didn't see another person.

A day I'll never forget!

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

1. First time taking my 3 1/2 yr. old godson. That was awesome!
  2. Shooting my first round in the 70's (79) in my league championship match last year. Won 15.5-4.5!
  3. Playing at Lakeview Country Club last year. Great course/Nice scenery.
  4. Playing at Holiday Valley Ski Resort. It's pretty tough playing golf on the side of a mountain!!

I'm going with my 3 most memorable.

(1) First time I shot below 80 - 78 at a Nicklaus designed course.

(2) First time I shot below par for 9 holes - shot 46 on the front and 35 on the back - birdied the 18th for 35. (Yes - 46-35; it's not a typo).

(3) Earlier this year when I shot a 79 - previous round was 78 - it was the first time I'd ever broken 80 in back-to-back rounds.

In the highly unlikely event I ever get a hole-in-one or a double eagle, the above is subject to revision.

I always enjoy reading these type of posts. Here's mine: I was playing on a rainy summer day at the short Woodlands course(5400 yards), were I pretty much learned how to play. I didn't think it was going to be that memorable after I double bogied the first hole, made par on holes 2-3, bogied 4 then parred to the turn for a 3 over 37 on the front. Made par on the tenth, bogeys at 11&12, then I birdied 3 of the next four holes. Make a bogey on the 17th, and on the 18th tee box was even for back nine, and unfortunately bogied the hole when I couldn't get up and down. So while I still haven't been under par for nine holes(even par a couple of times) I did manage to shoot a 73(par 69) for the best round I have ever played.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Upon return from a tour in Afghanistan my Uncle decided to treat me to a round of golf. We got on the course on the 4th of July, and it was my first round in over six months (there's not too much golf to be played in the desert). I was expecting the worst round since I was a beginner. I failed to realize that I was in the best shape of my life and that I was more limber than ever, allowing me to put a good move on the ball. I was hitting the ball a mile that day. For some history, at this point I had been playing for about ten years and had yet to break 80. I had shot 81 on five different occasions and I had thought that I was destined to never break that barrier. Well, I had the round of my life. I was relaxed and had no expectations and ended up shooting a 76. I always thought it was neat that I shot that number on Independence Day and that the Decleration was written in 17 76 . That was the first time that I broke 80. I have done it several times since then, my best is now a 74 on that same course, but I will never forget that round.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Without a doubt: September 30, 2007. I scored an ace, eagle, birdie, par, bogey, double, triple and quad. Every numeric score from 1-8, except 2. Shot 85 overall, ESC-posted 80, which was equivalent to a diff actually lower than my 8-ish index at the time.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Last round of the Club Championship last year. I started tied with two other guys and shot 32 (-4) on the front nine to take the lead after 9 holes. Unfortunately I choked my guts out on the back and shot 1 over but I was still good enough to win.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!