IGNORED

Have you been in a zone when you played golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the zone when I feel I could make every putt and get up and down on every hole and hit fairway and greens and my score reflected it.

Its the quiet confidence that you feel when you are playing a calmness.

Other days I scrap it around trying to get focused and back in the zone, now that is the challenge when you don't have it and are trying to get it.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Sort of an embarrassing story (now) that resulted in a 'round of a lifetime' golf day.

Several years back we had a neighborhood party Jul 3. We had tee times scheduled the following 4th of July holiday. At 3 am, we're still running around the neighborhood like kids drinking keg beer, getting in and out of hot tubs and acting like damn fools!

7am rolls around and I'm in bad shape. Show up on #1 tee at 8am and nearly do a faceplant putting tee in ground. Stood up, got my wits around me and somehow hit a 3-wood down the middle. For 18 holes I did nothing but drive the ball right down the middle and hit greens in regulation and two-putt for pars.

When it was over, I'd won pretty much all the money, (playing carryover skins) by carding SIXTEEN pars and get this ... two QUADRUPLE BOGIES for an 80! Had I not melted down on those two holes, it would have been the first and only round breaking 80.

No stress that day. Could barely swing the club. Had a really nice slow tempo on every shot and never overswung at anything.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In alot of tournaments, I get soooo nervous I use it to my advantage. I dont know how, but I get so tense and nervous when everyone is watching you and thinking about how good you are. I use it to play better. I think so hard "Okay you have to drive it down the middle, everyone is watching" and it works. I play so well at the beginning, last 3 tournaments I started off: -2, -1, -1 after 9.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Nerves are my worst nightmare for golf at least, Sports like hockey i excel in being nervous for a game

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Yes I get in the "Zone" most times I play,the only problem is It never lasts more than 4-5 holes then I go back to being rubbish.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Had this round two years ago when I had a birdie barrage. Knocking down flagsticks and making ridiculous putts. Shot low 70's but it was not my lowest round. See sig.

Only a couple times have I been in the zone and it usually only lasts a few holes. Most other times I can actually feel my heart pounding when I am on the teebox. Kind of funny that it is not anywhere else.

For me it comes and goes. I didn't have it yesterday for sure! When I have it I'll go on a streak where I'll be +1 or 2 for 12 or 13 holes. If I could bottle that feeling I'd drink it every day!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Sounds like a trend going on here but for me it's much the same-rolling along for stretches of 5-6 holes then lose focus. Hate shooting a 42 after being +1 or 2 for seven holes!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

my best round ever was an 82. during that round I hit almost every shot the way I wanted. It was wierd because I would forget the previous shot and just focus on the next, it was really odd. when my dad asked me how I shot when I got home I couldnt really remember. That feeling carried over after my round and it took me a couple of hours to start to remember my round. I get like that all the time when I play lacrosse (I play Goalie) and I just focus on the shot at hand and live in the moment. Its a great feeling, but really odd at the same time.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Yeah, although there were 2 times where I was really, really in the zone. One time the hole looked about twice the size as normal.

One of my weak points is that I have a hard time visualizing the shot and the other vivid time I was in the zone I was amazed by how I could see each putt role into the cup and I was draining everything.

Now I'll get hot for a few holes then lose it. Last year I was playing a course and I birdie 5 of the last 6 holes on the front nine (parred the other hole). Then I get on #10 and take a freaking quad.

3JACK

last weekend... started off pretty hungry as I skipped brekkie and the humidity was getting to me.

was +13 after 7 holes. Got a tuna sandwich on the 8th tee and a breeze picked up which changed the humidity... I was then +3 for 8 through 18. 1 birdie, 8 pars, a bogey and a triple bogey.

Something changed for sure but I just stood over the ball and knew I would strike it well.

hopefully I play like the 2nd 9 again this Fri & Sat, for the full 18! Handicap will drop rapidly if that is the case...

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I was in the zone for most of my round on Saturday. I was 1 over for 15 holes, but also had a two doubles and a triple.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

I try to get into the zone on every shot. I have really been in the zone when I was in High School. One of the last days of practice before state finals, I was playing with my coach and two other seniors. We were only playing 9 that say and I was lighting it up. I was -4 going into #9 and then doubled to really tick me off. I am not sure how I doubled and to this day I cannot figure it out. I wish I could do that again.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

got in a zone for a little bit sunday playing a practice round for a tournament this weekend.

after doubling 10 to go 6 over, bomb a drive into the wind on a par 5 290 .. 200 yards left, shanked it right into the trees, hit the tree, came down on a hill behind a 150 pine.

chipped a 5 iron to 5 feet and still made my birdie.

stiffed a 165 yard 8 iron to 5 feet on next hole .. made that.

almost chipped in (hit another 8 iron dead nuts long on next par 4, right at the pin but shot out of the lie). par.

bombed a 330 yard drive on the next hole, 40 yards left to the green, lipped out a 10 footer.

bombed a 340 yard downwind left to right drive just on the front fringe. chipped up, made birdie.

bombed another into the wind drive about 290, smoked a 3 iron over the green from 205 (into wind again) .. ended up behind a pine .. chipped long, 3 putted.

back to reality.

lol. :)

it happens.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

my best round ever was an 82. during that round I hit almost every shot the way I wanted. It was wierd because I would forget the previous shot and just focus on the next, it was really odd. when my dad asked me how I shot when I got home I couldnt really remember. That feeling carried over after my round and it took me a couple of hours to start to remember my round. I get like that all the time when I play lacrosse (I play Goalie) and I just focus on the shot at hand and live in the moment. Its a great feeling, but really odd at the same time.

Interesting, a Clemson Tiger fan that plays Lacrosse as well.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

We do an annual trip to North Carolina to this same little mountain course where we play 7 rounds in 4 days. I had played fairly well and had the best average score coming into the final round. That is when I got in the zone!
One guy playing with me estimated that I made over 150' worth of putts that day. I ended up shooting 69 even after hitting a drive out of bounds on a par 5!
I stay in the 70's for the most part, but that day was special!

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!