IGNORED

Getting Snipped

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in the same boat. Both I and my wife's OBGYN are trying to talk her into

My wife started to mention this after me delaying from getting done, and it made me feel like a jerk. After 2 kids the old fashion way, I figured she had done her share. I booked the appointment right after she talked about this. I figured Karma would get me otherwise

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Ya, I'm 39 and we're obviously done having more. The thing that pushed me over the edge was the wife went off the pill, so it's either the glove or none!

sorry man... the glove is like taking a bath with socks on, its just not right

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Duuuuuuuude...

I applaud you for stepping up to the plate with no cup. I got snipped in Sep 06 right after the birth of my 2nd son. After watching my wife go through two difficult pregnancies, there was no way I was putting her through that again.

First order of business...make sure that you (and she) can handle it psychologically. I visited a few vas-support websites where guys lost their Mojo after getting snipped. Even worse, some of the women that encouraged their men to do it lost their attraction to them once their "virility" was gone. My wife and I talked it through and were both 100% certain it was the right step & we haven't looked back.

Second...plan for 7 days of "light duty". I got snipped on a Friday afternoon, drove myself home & packed on the frozen peas--they really do get into all the nooks and crannies. Stay off your feet as much as possible early on--you'd be surprised just how heavy your balls can get. Doc instructed me to, erm, "test fire" on/about the 7th day--I was a bit anxious, but it didn't hurt a bit.

Third...don't mean to put you off, but there is potential for some discomfort during the procedure. In my case, the doc comes in with this cute aide & tells me to strip down once they leave & that the nurse would be in to prep (drape and shave) me. She smiles, I start to chub up a little at the thought & they leave. Next thing I know, me & chubby are on the procedure table & in walks the nurse--only, the nurse's name was John. Chub retreats post-haste, then John proceeds to shave my sac, iodine it & put a nice picture frame around it. About this time, the cute little aide walks back in along with three other females who just seem to be hanging out for the hell of it. Oh, by the way...that iodine must have been stored in a vat of dry ice...Anyway, at some point they all leave & it's just me and the doc. The needle for the local anesthetic stung a little--didn't even feel him slice me open. But I got the strangest sensation when he stuck his elbow inside there to find the damned vas deferens...then there was the soldering iron...Doc had the nerve to ask if I could "feel that". Anyway... So my point is that it could hurt a little, but you'll do just fine. Know that there's at least one brother-in-arms wishing you a much better experience than I had & I don't consider mine to have been a bad one.

Fourth...you could actually be back on the course by the 7th day or earlier. Like one of the previous posters, I didn't stay off my feet early on, so I had the tennis ball effect going. I ended up waiting two weeks b/c the baby was still only a month old & the wife wasn't exactly healed yet, either.

Fifth...it took six months of gherkin-jerkin to clean the pipes. They were mostly dead after two months, but don't take chances or you could end up with another one on the way. Use the glove until you get a zero-sperm count...

Best wishes! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

I had it done 15 yrs ago friday afternoon and back working on trucks monday morning. Just do what the doc tells you and sit back and let the wife wait on you hand and foot lol. You would never think you could keep ice there that long but you can. Go for it. Had a buddy going to be macho and strained himself and ended up off a week no good. Ironic part was the wife had to have a hysterectamy 2 yrs later go figure.

sorry man...

And yet it's still much better than not being clean. While I don't think it will apply to the original poster here, there are plenty of reasons for some men to use the glove post-snip. There was even that story that got sent around a year or so ago. I still have the link: Priceless (not safe for work due to language and subject matter).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There was even that story that got sent around a year or so ago. I still have the link:

I'm just glad the dude in that story won't be reproducing. What a tool.

He knows this woman wants more, but leads her on. He fully suspects that she will try this, and then revels in his own smugness when it happens. He knows the baby isn't his, but rather than tell her right away, he concocts an elaborate scheme to humiliate the woman simply for his own enjoyment.
P.S. What is this a picture of? (the spoiler icon button)

In my life time, I've known of two incidents of Dad getting a vasectomy and a couple of years later, oops!, the miracle babies were born. And there was no denying that they were theirs. So there is a small risk of the procedure not taking though I have to believe that these occurrences have got to be much closer to zero then back 10-15 years ago.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I just had mine done not too long ago. I showed up pre shaved, on time...appointment was at 1:45pm, I was outta there by 2:15pm.

The ABSOLUTE worst part of it was the local anesthetic. You can't imagine how much that hurts. I am not going to lie to you....I have crashed motorcycles in excess of 160mph, have bounced off tarmac more times than anyone you prolly know, bad enough that my racing nickname was "Fish" because I flopped on the ground so much. Anywho, have had UMteen hematomas, sprains, couldn't walk for 6 months......nothing compared to the pain of having a needle poked into your scrotum, anesthetic injected into what feels like your chest through your penis, then praying it take into effect fast.....TWICE!

other than that, no problemo.

I was good to go for action with my wife about 7 days after, wrapped of course, didn't play golf for about 14 days after, and everything else feels normal now. Has been almost 3 months and I still have a few boys swimming around, but am going to go back this Thursday to see if they are still there.

Good luck man!

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Duuuuuuuude...

Had me laughing and thanks for the advice

Reading these posts has helped, kinda nice to know what to expect. I see "Dr. Snip" tomorrow and set a date at that time. I remember my brother telling me that he had things going fine until he saw the smoke!!! I thought he was BS'ing me but apparently there is smoke involved

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Duuuuuuuude...

It was a little odd when I look down between my knees and see smoke rising up from the torch he was using.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Had me laughing and thanks for the advice

After reading this thread I'm starting to think I'm the only "stud" left in the barn around here.

I'm only 25 so this isn't even on the chart to think about. My wife and I have yet to have kids but she has mentioned a time or two that I will be the one stepping up to the plate when this time rolls around. Maybe you can talk your wife into some new golf equipment if you are a good little soldier and don't cry during it. Take a magazine with you and that way you won't see the smoke. Good luck my man.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I dry heaved when I read soldering iron

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'm just glad the dude in that story won't be reproducing. What a tool.

Actually, we don't know from the story whether or not he has ever reproduced. We just know he won't be in the future.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

screw that man. tell her to keep taking the pill or use a rubber or something! they wouldn't get anywhere near my balls!

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
The ABSOLUTE worst part of it was the local anesthetic. You can't imagine how much that hurts. I am not going to lie to you....I have crashed motorcycles in excess of 160mph, have bounced off tarmac more times than anyone you prolly know, bad enough that my racing nickname was "Fish" because I flopped on the ground so much. Anywho, have had UMteen hematomas, sprains, couldn't walk for 6 months......nothing compared to the pain of having a needle poked into your scrotum, anesthetic injected into what feels like your chest through your penis, then praying it take into effect fast.....TWICE!

You ain't kiddin'! That needle-in-the-nuts was easily the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. But once it took effect, I couldn't feel anything more than pressure down there. The doc told me afterwards that I did really well because a lot of guys pass out during the local or when they hear the snipping. My only problem was that the local wore off during the ride home and by the time we got there I was gasping for breath and damn near crying. I would suggest filling your pain prescription before hand and taking one before you leave the doctors office just in case...trust me!

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

You ain't kiddin'! That

What!!!! I had to grab them just reading that

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!