IGNORED

Padraig Harrington Has Sore Wrist

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Padraig Harrington injured his wrist while using an impact bag earlier this week and might not be able to defend his Open Title. He had to cut short his practice round today.

Story here.

I merged the threads as Ben and I posted similar threads at the same time.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard rumors at the club that Padraig may have a wrist injury?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

It's been in the Irish/British media today that played the last two rouns at the weekend in some pain and he hasn't practiced yet and isn't sure if he can compete

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I heard rumors at the club that Padraig may have a wrist injury?

He does....but apparently is going to tee it up and give it a go. I already have a bet down on Harrington over Garcia and am pulling it back.....

I also hear that the rough is high and very, very nasty....the type of rough that will be very hard on a wrist injury....I don;'t expect much from the defending champ.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

He does....but apparently is going to tee it up and give it a go. I already have a bet down on Harrington over Garcia and am pulling it back.....

Yeah, we've got a bet amongst the employees here to pick three players. The team with the most money wins. Padraig

was going to be one of my picks... Thanks for the info.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Padraig Harrington injured his wrist while using an impact bag earlier this week and

I love seeing Padraig play, a real winner. I hope he heals quickly.

I guess he was a little lonely the last few days.

Yikes. If Padraig pulls out, it will be the first of two consecutive majors that the winner cannot defend (Tiger in the PGA as well). Even if he plays, however, he won't likely make much noise.

This year's Open field is becoming depleted, without Tiger (#1 in the world), Kenny Perry (hottest player in golf right now), and Luke Donald (a solid Euro), in addition to Padraig (defending champ) either not playing or playing hurt.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Have there been any new updates, I know Padraig was awaiting confirmation from the physio unit as to whether is was safe for him to play with his wrist?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

FoxSports (Australia) is saying that he will play, but only becuase it is the Open Championship. Any other tournament and he would of pulled out.

FoxSports (Australia) is saying that he will play, but only becuase it is the Open Championship. Any other tournament and he would of pulled out.

Yeh thats what I just read in a newspaper.

We will probably see some super safe irons off the tee's from Harrington simply to stay out of the rough and risk disturbing the injury.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I guess he was a little lonely the last few days.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose mind went directly to the gutter when I saw the thread title.

Seriously though, I hate to read about this injury. I'm really looking forward to watching him defend. Hopefully it won't effect him too much.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Impact bag? I never used one or saw one used for practicing - but why would he hit into such a thing since i can only imagine that it has to be very stressing for wrists that have to suffer enough already from all the practice...

My pro told me, that ages ago when he was an apprentice, his boss let people hit into old tires to "strenghten the wrists" - and i suffer alot from sore wrists since i come a little bit steep at the ball - but that story just blew my mind. An orthopedist wet dream...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!