IGNORED

The 'Official - Unofficial' (British) Open Championship thread

Anand
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

IBF... not worth the time to listen too.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We gotta rout for Rocco and Norman. I would love to see Rocco bounce back from the US Open and win this one. This would be an absolute dream for him!! Go ROCCO!!!

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

The conditions looked brutal in the morning. It's hard to imagine anyone playing well in that weather but the pros made it look somewhat easy.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

when will Sergio thank the golf gods for letting him play in the best weather? who will he have to blame this year?

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

would like to see rocco do it but we all know guys named rocco don't win opens

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Anthony Kim had a nice finish at +2.

I'm rooting for Kim and Rocco!

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Well the first round is concluded and I'm sure that no one saw Rocco as the guy to contend with, though I love the guy after going against Tiger for 91 holes. My favorite right now is definately Adam Scott or Sergio Garcia. Both have swings and games meant to challenge a course like Royal Birkdale.

Another surprise of the day, as if Adam was not the only Aussie playing great you have Greg Norman and Robert Allenby either leading or one shot off. Great news for the countrynent that deserves another major winner. I think it would be something else if Norman pulled this off this late in his career.

Well, it was a good day to watch and I can't wait to see how the second round turns out

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

Wow. Sad way for Adam Scott to finish. +2 on the last 3 holes. Rocco played great. Especially on the back 9 (-3). Right now I like Graeme McDowell, and Adam Scott (even after his rocky ending).

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that Rocco Mediate was LEADING the British Open. I figured it was not really lucky, well kind of, but more of he got "hot", like real hot, during the U.S. Open, but now he's showing for the British - damn.

It's like he only plays well in the big ones all of a sudden, haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Anyone have a weather report for tomorrow -- I have heard that the guys going out early today will also have it bad tomorrow.

So, is the weather supposed be be poor in the afternoon???

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

While there is quite a bit of golf to be played I'm backing Rocco in this major for one reason: All the talk of the asterisk goes by the wayside because of his and only his showing in the US Open. Grab that Claret Jug Rocco!

Great to see Rocco start so well. He's clearly loving every minute of these past few weeks. It's amazing what confidence can do for you in sport ...

Pretty shocked at some of the big guns faring so poorly - Singh, Els and Mickelson are the obvious names.

I thought KJ Choi played very well having started relatively early and had to contend with much of the worst weather.

Looking forward to R2.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Here is a weather update from the BBC page

"It looks as though there will be little improvement on Friday for the second day of the Open at Royal Birkdale. It will be a mostly cloudy and windy day with some rain at times, the high a cool 16C (61F). "

So could be more of the same tomorrow.

As for the golf, It was on for around 12 hours in total here through BBC and their Interactive channel, amazing stuff.

Delighted for Mediate, He comes across really well in his interviews, a true pro and does not throw his clubs down when he duffs a shot etc.
Also great to see 'Sharkie' as Wayne Grady calls him, amazing thing about him and Goosen is apparently they've not played that much golf in the past few weeks, Goose even said in his post match interview something like ''chilling out at home, spending time with family, watching movies'' or something.

Only a few hours til tomorrow, bring it on the action

I had to pull for tiger in the us open... just with the knee and all, he also happens to be my favorite golfer

but in the case of the british, with tiger out and all, I am pulling for Rocco

how can you not like the guy, I'd love to tee it up with him in a pro am

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

has anyone noticed how AWESOME "live at the open" is on the golf channel

they have the best post coverage of the majors! fires me the hell up

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Hey DDBowdoin, I totally agree with you about Rocco. The man seems as sound as a pound, His interview today was really refreshing, he seems like one of us, doing a job that he knows many folk would love to do but goes out and enjoys himself.

a bit off topic but ''Ciamar a tha thu?'' I speak Scots Gaidhlig and noticed some Gaelige underneath your avator, always nice to see.

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!