IGNORED

Open Winner?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greg Norman is leading after the third round at the 2008 open. Who's going to win tomorrow?

1) Choi?
2) Paddy?
3) Greg Norman?
4) Wakefied?
5) Curtis?
6) Stenson?
7) ?

Who's your pick to win the open after the third round?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I want Norman to win, of course - is there anyone who doesn't?

Norman is from before 'my time' (before I was interested in golf) - but wow what a presence he has on the course. The way he walks is so... powerful and elegant? Such steely intent combined with grace. Pretty cool.

Aside from that I would like to see Rocco and Duval play really good rounds and finish in the top 10.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I agree, it nice to see David Duvall playing well, too bad for today round for him.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

I'll be surprised if Anthony Kim doesn't end up within a couple of shots. He played at Oklahoma, so he is used to playing in crazy wind. It showed today, as he just hung around and moved up the leaderboard. Hell, he might even win it, but it's tough to pick against Padraig. He was there just last year, and he could very well repeat.

What a story it would be if Greg Norman won though. Wow, that's crazy just thinking about it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like to see Paddy win again. He's in contention and knows how to deal with the tough wind conditions of the open.

He's seems to be a down to earth kind of guy with a unique stride in his walk.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Im going with Greg Norman. When they interviewed him after his round, he seemed pretty calm and relaxed (even though he said he was nervous on the first tee).

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think Greg will hold his own and win it, he was under pressure today and conditions were tough but he still played brilliant. You would have no idea that Greg Norman is basically retired and plays more tennis than he does Golf.
Unebelievable stuff..

I like Padraig and KJ too but I'd like to see KJ win, Padraig won last year and KJ comes across very well and a nice meaner about him.

I'll be pulling for Greg in a big way. How sweet would it be for him to win at 53(my age) after all the heart aches he has suffered during his career. I'm afraid Harrington will win though. I have nothing against him BTW, I just think it would be amazing if Norman could pull it off.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I'm rooting for Choi and Norman.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Greg Norman is leading after the third round at the 2008 open. Who's going to win tomorrow?

Like most everyone else that that has posted I would like to see Greg Norman win, and I think that would be a spectacular outcome. With the harsh weather expected for Sunday things could quickly changes (for better or worse) during the 4th round. I've long believed that Greg Norman (and for that matter Nick Faldo) are, both, extremely fit, and could still win tournaments against the best players in the world today as long has they have the belief in themselves, and the desire to win.

Norman has far more experience being in contention and winning (in both majors and non majors) than anyone else that is near the lead (and for that matter anyone in the tournament field). Hopefully Norman's luck will be more good than bad, and hopefully no one else gets lucky and holes out shots to beat him. Good luck to Greg Norman!

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

As an irishman you would think i would be rooting for Harrinton,but i am rooting for Norman,man i would love to see him win it.Every time time i see Norman over a short putt i get butterflys in my stomach,COME ON NORMAN

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!