IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I wasn't a big fan of Jay, and I wanted to to go home. But I didn't want him to go out like that. That sucks.

I can't wait for GG's reports to see if it was as close as it looked on TV. I can't imagine that it was - except that one of the Ashes made a comment about Peach and Jay as the were rushing to the finish. I wonder if they saw Peach and Jay just getting to the course.

How freakin' cute did Charlotte look today? (The Ashes didn't look bad either.)

And how about that roll-reversal where Charlotte decided to be the optimist about taking her approach shot anyway just to see if she could get it inside Rob . . . and then did. What was that, 4 feet from the hole?

I'm gonna be shocked if Charlotte and Rob don't win. They've just been so steady (and lucky a couple of times.)

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Harry I believe you were right that it becomes single elimination now.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Here is my prediction. Assuming I didn't miss anything on the show.

It takes "2 strikes" to be eliminated. Ashes have one and Rob and Char have zero.

So Rob and Char will win.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Here is my prediction. Assuming I didn't miss anything on the show.

That would be correct, but I think the consensus is that in the last episode it will just be who ever wins the episode wins the whole show, or else the final show would be pointless to show and unfair for the Ashes.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Well, I wasn't a big fan of Jay, and I wanted to to go home. But I didn't want him to go out like that. That sucks.

Well, I wouldn't put too much cash down just yet. Underdogs have been known to win before :). And the Ash's are flying high tonight - they plan on being together to watch the finale next week, so I'll interview them both at the same time after that show. Do losers get together for finales? Actually I wouldn't put it past the two of them to celebrate regardless of what happens - those girls love to party!

I interviewed them tonight and they both said Jay's injury was pretty bad. I am chatting with Jay Wed AM to find out more and will get that up on the blog ASAP as well. And the rest will follow like they do every week. Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I've been rooting for R/C since epi 2. By all rights, at this point they should win. That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ashes may well surprise us. Ash D seemed way too happy in her interview with GG last week. And would Charlotte be pimping Blingos to fund her Durameds play if she had won? But I guess I'll have to wait for the next TGC commercial to get a better idea.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I'm pulling for the Ashley's. Just too cute. Plus Ashleigh Korzack(one on the right in the link) played college golf at my old school, Mississippi State.

http://golf.about.com/od/tourmajorev...ay18cast_5.htm

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I got to talk to Jay, Charlotte and Rob this AM to get more inside info on the injury and what actually happened. And Charlotte explains what happens next week in terms of their no strike status. She also has a message for some of you here :)

Raul and I are chatting tonight and I've got Parker lined up for Thursday which should be a hoot!

Golfgal

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

That would be correct, but I think the consensus is that in the last episode it will just be who ever wins the episode wins the whole show...

Yep, that's what was said on the interviews on golfgal's blog.

Also (FWIW) Charlotte (in her interview with golfgal) said, "I just want to give a shout out to the Sand Trap." [I'm not exactly a stenographer, so that might not be 100% verbatim.)

Darn close Q.Q. :) Charlotte is a big Sand Trap fan. She lurks here. Almost like a "peeping Tomasina" LOL! Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I'm a dummy. What the heck are Blingos & how is Charlotte pimping them?

Qx3-

Charlotte sells handmade hatclip ballmarkers to help pay for her Futures Tour expenses: http://www.blingoballmarks.com/Blingo_Ballmarks.html In addition to the Blingo site, she has her own personal site as well: http://www.charlottecampbellgolf.com/
Darn close Q.Q. :)

You were serious about that? Oh crap.

Oh Charlotte, please forgive me. I know not what I do.

Internet in Alaska is too slow for me to listen any of GG's interviews, they take forever to load for me.

Darn close Q.Q. :)

Hey GG, do you happen to have any write ups so I can read them. If you notice my above quote I can't really listen since it takes so long for me to load any of your interviews.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I bet you wish Iacas had gone with the unlimited time edit button now! LMAO

My Equipment:

I bet you wish Iacas had gone with the unlimited time edit button now! LMAO

Dude. Every minute of every day I wish that.

I wish my life had a TiVo remote control so I could rewind, fast forward, pause, and pull up an on-screen guide for help. Worst part is, the older I get, the less the "record" function seems to work. Older programs disappear from my Playlist without me intentionally deleting them! (Of course, that could be as a result of several snowboarding concussions.)

Sad thing is, I bet nearly everyone on this site wishes they could get rid of just one thing they wrote! I'd probably have to narrow the list down . . . a lot!

Now, back to Charlotte . . .

My Equipment:

• Administrator

Unfortunately, I have the feeling the Ashle* team will win, despite Charob (or Roblette) not even getting a single strike.

Oh well.

If my wife played a little more golf, I'd buy her some Blingo, but unfortunately, I don't think I'm quite confident enough to wear it myself. Can crystals look manly? Probably not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GG:

Is Jay saying in his interview that the Highway 18 producers told him and Peach that they had to finish last? If that's true, I've lost a lot of respect for the show. I'm not a fan of scripted programming: I don't watch the WWE or any of that crap. This show has consistently claimed to be a competition in which the best team, not the team the producers want, wins. True, Jay's injury may have affected the finale. True, it would have made for less a entertaining episode. But to comprise the integrity of the competition for ratings and a slight edge in quality strikes me as somewhat amoral and deceptive.

(Besides, wouldn't it be entertaining to watch Jay struggle with one wrist, he and Peach trying to script one of the greatest underdog stories in reality TV history? There are few greater dramas in sports than the injured or ill athlete trying to compete: think Willis Reed in the 1969 NBA Finals, Joe Montana in the "Chicken Soup Game," Tiger at Torrey Pines. Perhaps Jay's injury made further place impossible, but, if not, I contend that the episode would be more interesting than one with all healthy teams.)

The producers of Highway 18 have tricked and deceived us to the point of irritation, even exasperation with the show's assembly. A few curveballs thrown into a reality show for either expedience or shock value are fine. Consider, however, the two-strike elimination, the two super-legs, the speed-related time penalties, the scrapped putting challenge at Mar-a-Lago that forced the teams' times of arrival to be discounted, the intended three-team finale that would discount all prior strikes even if only two teams remained, and now this revelation (if I understood correctly) that the producers forced Jay and Peach to lose: all are fragments of Highway 18's mass chicanery that the producers either reveal after the fact or conceal completely. All are incidents that compromise the integrity of Highway 18.

(Don't get me wrong, however: I love the show. It's way better than Big Break. Go Charlotte and Rob!)

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!