IGNORED

Do YOU watch The Golf Channel very often?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son, my golfing buddies, and I used to watch "Golf Central" every day, and we used to really enjoy Peter Kessler's interviews on "Golf Talk Live". He did some great ones---wtih Tiger, Jack, Gary Player, Gene Sarazen, Slammin' Sammy Snead, Terrible Tommy Bolt, Paul Runyan, Arnie (of course---he used to be one of the owners), Payne Stewart, Mike Hicks (Payne's caddy), The Shark, etc. Now, Jennifer Mills and Peter are gone, and the people on there are NOT good replacements. We give a "thumbs down" to Inga Hammonds. And Alex and Andrew Magee are simply NOT worth listening to.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Inga Hammonds is absloutely terrible. She is one of the worst people I have ever seen on T.V...no joke.

I still enjoy watching some stuff on the golf channel, but I really only watch 2 times per week.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I enjoy Brandel Chamblee and Frank Nobilo. Especially Nobilo.

The Golf Channel is alright, but they play a lot of repeats.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Inga Hammonds is absloutely terrible. She is one of the worst people I have ever seen on T.V...no joke.

she has a legendary head bobble... oh man, she cant speak without a head twist its hard to explain I'll watch central here and there but I like the original series they have but like many will surely mention here I cant stand the infomercials

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I would enjoy the channel alot more if it was more about TALKING golf rather than SELLING golf. Medicus, Sky Caddy, Bobby Jones Hybrids, Total Gym?? Please, replays of old tournaments and exciting majors is in order for the Golf Channel to improve it's ratings. That being said, Highway 18 should be a fun series to watch.

Not so much Mo-We but once the first round coverage and results start coming in on Thursday a bit more.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Agree with many of the statements already made. Too much 'golf NEWS,' too many infomercials, too much 'talking' and not enough ACTION!

What I would prefer to see much more of is some of the past programming that doesn't appear anymore, like:

They used to run a show where a hack would play nine with a club pro, get pointers and areas for the player to focus and work on. Then they play a second 9 and you can see the improvements.

Player tips from Pro golfers. They have these sometimes, but not very often and in very short segments.

More instruction would be my preference and less full hour shows on Tour News that I can get in 5 minutes from espn.com.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoy Brandel Chamblee and Frank Nobilo. Especially Nobilo.

I agree with you about Chamblee and Nobilo. They offer good analyses and are articulate. Both are former Tour players, and winners, so they speak from experience. I wonder what the stats are for viewership now compared to 5 years ago. My expectation is that the numbers are down, and if that is true, advertisers must be paying lower rates, and some have probably cut back.

I have a few friends that work there (not on tv) in different departments. They told me this year, the ratings have been higher than any other year by far. They attribute it to carrying open rounds of most of the tournies. Great move by them.

I have a few friends that work there (not on tv) in different departments. They told me this year, the ratings have been higher than any other year by far. They attribute it to carrying open rounds of most of the tournies. Great move by them.

I am SURPRISED, but at least they are getting away from SOME of the infomercials and old black and white TV shows like "Challenge Golf" and "Big Three Golf". I think their competition show---what is called--"Breakaway" is a farce and I never watch it. It is like a carnival show.

I would enjoy the channel alot more if it was more about TALKING golf rather than SELLING golf. Medicus, Sky Caddy, Bobby Jones Hybrids, Total Gym?? Please, replays of old tournaments and exciting majors is in order for the Golf Channel to improve it's ratings. That being said, Highway 18 should be a fun series to watch.

Creating TV shows costs a lot of money. Almost every cable station out there has infomercials on them quite a bit. You need it for the revenue.

Now, Jennifer Mills and Peter are gone, and the people on there are NOT good replacements. We give a "thumbs down" to Inga Hammonds. And Alex and Andrew Magee are simply NOT worth listening to.

I'm in complete agreement. TGC has gone downhill as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, I've yanked out the cable and don't watch TV period. The family got tired of the whole media madness. People say we're but we all enjoy it. When I need a fix I logon to the internet. Now, I golf more; read more; spend more time with people... including the Sand Trap! The more golf is great! Handicap is coming down...
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I still watch it a good bit, although I think the programing has gone down some. I enjoyed Golf Talk Live. Not sure why they eliminated it. Probably didn't need to show it every week, but once a month would have been good.

My dog tells me I should watch more Animal Planet.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I still watch quite a bit of TGC.

I miss Peter. He was the best host they ever had IMO. I used to never miss Golf Talk Live. I also wish they would show more of the instructional shows, (academy live etc.) like they used to, and do away with some of the 19th hole and the Turn type shows. And I can really do without the fad 'reality' programming like HWY 18.

There tournament coverage has really improved however. I'm really glad they picked up 1st and 2nd round coverage of the PGA events.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

Do you mean Big Break? I dont think its a farce.

I guess that is the name of it,and as I said I watched snipets in the first season and found it boring. Apparently, the winner gets to play in a PGA or LPGA event or two. Have any of them done anything when they did play at the "higher level"?

I think the Big Break is a great show. Highway 18 on the other hand is a bit gimmicky. But as far as the channel all together, they do need more instruction, like the old days with Golf Channel Live and such. I guess Monday night is instruction night now. Personal lessons are ok, but not too personal for me. I watch the Golf Channel everytime my wife lets me!

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!