IGNORED

A pro bet me he could beat me with 6iron only?

kafka01
Note: This thread is 5691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Pro with only 6iron against my bag of goodies - who wins?

• Pro
    • Me

when I was in college, my dad beat me with a 5-iron and a putter! We always walked and it was hot so he thought he'd just bring a 'couple of clubs!'

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he is a touring pro, I would take the bet and double up ^^

Ditto that. But tell him you will double up the bet, but he can only use his driver. :)

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

i would go for it man he better damn good to take that on

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Hopefully it's not too late, politely refuse this bet.

If you win - you're the guy that beat the guy who was playing with one club.

If you lose - you're the guy that lost to the guy playing with only one club.

Either way, you lose.

Classic catch-22.

I say play him, who cares if you lose it's just golf.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

If you do play him make sure you wath all his pitchs or chips onto the green,they should all release and give you a read for a lot of your putts.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Gambling is illegal at bushwood, sir.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Gambling is illegal at bushwood, sir.

haha, perfect quote.

My money is on the pro, I don't think it just randomly came up, he's probably done it before and is trying to hustle you for money

I have never played a round with just one club. However, years ago, after working a night shift and talking alot of smack about my golf game (3 handicap ten years ago), I challenged 2 guys at work (one was a solid 8-10 and the other one was high teens handicap) to a match, they scrambled, I played with 6 iron through putter. It was a tight match, until I started trying to hood the 6 iron on a few par 5's and started pull hooking them pretty bad. If I recall, they scrambled for a 78, while I finished in 83 strokes. Not too bad, but it could have been better if I had stayed with my original plan of hitting routine shots and not trying to create more than my clubs would allow.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Wasn't Roy a multi-talented sports star? Like Deion Sanders and Danny Ainge... wasn't he a pro pitcher as I recall and dated a movie actress, right? Or am I thinking about a different guy?

Haha, you're thinking of someone else. Roy McAvoy is Kevin Costner's character in the movie Tin Cup.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

• 4 weeks later...
Ended up with a bet today - a local pro challanged me to beat me with a 6iron only - strokeplay over 9 holes - no shots. I could use all my clubs, he only 6iron - no putter or wedges - we play same tees. We probably play front 9 so a lot of elevated greens - heavily sloped greens (have fun chipping a 6iron or pitching 6iron into these greens esp. if they are dry - ball wont hold).

Kafka01?????

What happened? Did the match take place? Inquiring minds you know...
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Nope not lost - yet - we play beginning September when his schedule is less busy...

Dont worry i post results no matter how it ends.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Nope not lost - yet - we play beginning September when his schedule is less busy...

No problema! I was just thinking about you last night checking up and cleaning out some of my subscribed threads and came across this thread.

I trust the weather in your part of the world is allowing you to play some good golf. Here in the state of Ohio, the weather has been perfect for the past two weeks. Hit'm straight!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Note: This thread is 5691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!