IGNORED

Anthony Kim - The new young gun?

Klean
Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a very sensible outlook if only people would understand that. I am sure I will get a lot of remarks about this next opininion but here goes.I personally do not believe Tiger to be close to being in Wayne Gretsky's class in sports or overall life's accumplishments as Wayne has prooven skills in other areas and Wayne and his beautiful wife golf also. I do not believe Tiger can skate. They don't call him the great one for nothing.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little weary of Kim at first but he's pretty unreal... if he can keep this going he's a real contender for any tournament he's in. I just love how confident he is

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Kim's an amazing (And I mean amazing) young golfer. Even though he didn't pull it off and win again in the Canadian Open, he still was right up there. In my mind, he's up there in every tournament he plays in.

After 2 PGA tour wins, a respectable showing at his first open and now tied for 1st and the CDN open I'm starting to see this young guy really make waves.

I agree dude, and I really think A. Kim is the new young gun, no question. For being fairly new to the PGA tour and being a contender or even a favorite in these big events is a huge sign of what's to come from him. Since his win, he definitely has matured in my opinion and become more humble about how talented he is. I certainly won't take anything away from Tigers undeniable dominance and talent, but I think in the next few years we're going to see A. Kim and him duking it out quite a bit if he keeps this pace up.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Kim's an amazing (And I mean amazing) young golfer. Even though he didn't pull it off and win again in the Canadian Open, he still was right up there. In my mind, he's up there in every tournament he plays in.

agreed. for the past couple of weeks I have noticed his name in the top 10 of every tournament. this kid has what it takes.

I said it in some other AK thread here and I'll probably say it again. I believe that he has a great shot at Player of the Year. Although finishing bogey/bogey today didn't really help his cause. But, one more win, or at least 4 more top-tens and I think he'll take it. If not P o t Y, then most definitely Comeback Player of the Year.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I said it in some other AK thread here and I'll probably say it again. I believe that he has a great shot at Player of the Year. Although finishing bogey/bogey today didn't really help his cause. But, one more win, or at least 4 more top-tens and I think he'll take it. If not P o t Y, then most definitely Comeback Player of the Year.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Given how much of a disappointment his year had to be last year - only one top 3 - I wondered if this year could qualify him for comeback player, even at such a young age.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Given how much of a disappointment his year had to be last year - only one top 3 - I wondered if this year could qualify him for comeback player, even at such a young age.

Kenny Perry is getting Comeback Player of the year. Other people who should be considered though... -Todd Hamilton -Fred Couples -AND SURE WHY NOT? Steve Stricker AK is too young. No stumbles yet.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Kenny Perry is getting Comeback Player of the year.

Stricker's comeback was last year - he's slipped from 3rd to 9th in the World Rankings in the last 7 months.

Couples? Hamilton?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Stricker's comeback was last year - he's slipped from 3rd to 9th in the World Rankings in the last 7 months.

Stricker was a joke because he's won it back to back years.

Couples because he's having a DECENT year considering last year was plagued from back injuries. Hamilton would be my favorite to win because even though he hasn't done anything spectacular this year he's playing much more consistent. He's jumped 600 spots in the world ranking. However, like I said...Perry is a lock.

Brandon Sweet

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Even young guys can get tired, and not play up to their usual game. We saw that yesterday with Anthony.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I believe the pressure got to him in this somewhat weak field. He had some very suspect swings and very close to loosing his cool. He did manage to struggle in keeping his temper. Putting was again suspect. last week at the open he was 2nd to last in putting but that could have been due to him being 1st in GIR. Long way to go for this young man he has the skills but don't know if he has the mental game.

Even young guys can get tired, and not play up to their usual game. We saw that yesterday with Anthony.

Good point, I believe AK was quoted as saying he doesn't like to play 3 weeks in a row and he did just that. Fatigue could have set in. Or he could have just choked. Either way he's a great player with limited experience. He can only get better I would think.

Good point, I believe AK was quoted as saying he doesn't like to play 3 weeks in a row and he did just that. Fatigue could have set in. Or he could have just choked. Either way he's a great player with limited experience. He can only get better I would think.

Chez Reavie outplayed him. It's simple as that.

Brandon Sweet

I give AK another win which most definitely would be PGA Champsionship.I almost expect him to be a top contender on Ryders Cup Team.Its really going to be up to Kenny Perry and AK to bring home the Ryders Cup!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

It was unfortunate to watch him shy away at the final round of the RBC Canadian open, having the leader playing right with him he may have fell under the heat or over confidence, the commentators thought over confident as some of his shots looked rushed into by himself. Thoughts?

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

AK is the real deal, it's is nice to see him develop as a player(mentally especially), I have enjoyed watching him play. Hopefully continued success..
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!