IGNORED

beercart

beercart20
Note: This thread is 6526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi there im a local beercartgirl in florida ive been a cart girl for about 5 years now i work at a semi-private/public golf course.And to be honest i do prefer the public better then the members either ways some members are great to be around but others are just a down fall of the day and can just end you up later in the bosses office disscusing about pointless pitty things like a member wanted a deit caffein free coke and you just didnt have it at the moment.its stupid things like that that really gets to me and its my job on the line just cause of stupid things like that which is trully just stupid.The good part is the public pepole are mostly nice and respectful and tip well and are there to have some fun no like the members that act like there tigger woods on some big tournament. mostly what im disscussing here is if your a member at a golf course treat pepole with respect and tip if you get something.

Welcome beercart20... interesting stuff from the other side of the cart. I can see where a private club would be harder. Usually walk-ons at public courses look forward to a round as something special, not something they're entitled to. I can see how it would be different. I've met only nice people on the public courses I play so far... mostly nice people.

Glad you've showed up. I'm sure you're full of all kinds of crazy stories from the golf course. Love to hear some of those .

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if you arrived at this forum I assume you're a "playing" drink cart girl. Being a member at a semi-private myself I've to tell you - it's a huge difference. It might appear that we are "Tiger Woods's" sometimes, but if you play yourself you should know how annoying it is when you're in your backswing and all of sudden you hear a high-rev'ed beer cart flying in from around the corner
But then again - if you're cute.. a lot can be forgiven

hi there thank you for reading my input.
im pretty quiet out there on the course as much i can be but sometimes the cart itself is pretty loud but i try and prepare myself when i know where the silent golfers are at and ill just station my self and wait for them to pass thru.
i do know somthings about golf etiquette.But i do notice sometimes when i stop at a tee box theres one golfer that will come up while his friend is swinging and just make nosie either like talking or grabbing a cup of ice or browsing thru my inventory . i stay silent during and try and let them notice that hey there friend is swinging But i notice theres the ones that just dont notice and then there the ones that do it to bather You.and thats mostly what i seem to see.

• Administrator
hi there thank you for reading my input.

Can you tell us what course? I may have played it when I used to live in FL. South Florida, that is... Boca Raton area.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wonder if they actually give the cart people some training on when to park and course etiquette.

I just thought of this one cart girl who must have no sales or tips. She just constantly drives the cart, looking straight ahead and never stops!

i cant say where i work at but its around those areas oh yeah you do get trained some but you just have to pick up on things as you go.You cant get everything down on the frist couple of weeks if your new at it i try and tell the golfers when i have a newbie out there to be kind to her and kinda show her alittle of the ropes cause shes gonna get lost somewhat out there.But then again even if youve worked as a beercart girl for awhile and do know the ropes sometimes youll get stuck inthe wrong place due to timing or just a blind spot cause we are going the other direction then the golfers so sometimes we can have are little run ins but i try and stay as far into the rough or o.b when waiting in the fairways.

• Administrator
i cant say where i work at but its around those areas

Fair enough. I don't live anywhere near there anymore, so if you ever let it slip your secret will be safe with us... Dig the avatar. Cool.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What they need to do is make an electrical cart powerful enough to carry the load. Most courses down here, the only gas cart you hear is the beer cart. That can be a bit annoying if the person running it doesn't know what they are doing...but that doesn't sound like you.

Welcome beercart20, like Jeff said, if you have any stories please share them. We all have ours and I'm sure you have more than a few from your point a view.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

thank you ;) yours is nice too.I think today i showed alot more effort to get on a better side with the local members hopefully they noticed and say something good about me to my boss.Today was nice i saw alot of the golfers i used to take care of at another course years back ago.they all still rememberd me too which was nice.--- also my cart is electric wish in a way i wish had a gas one but its prob for the best the carts gonna make some noise cause theres not many cart paths on my course so theres some off roading to it.
Hi everyone by the way ;)

• 1 month later...
yellow there hows everyone doing?
i was wondering the other day at work cause a golfer was talking to me about things that he read in the magazine that are rude to say to a beer girl.
soo i decided if anyone has any questions ill give you my honest responce so feel free to ask me ;)

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
hey there everyone just wanted to drop by and see if anyones ready for a beer lol ;) take care

I could use one after the day I had yesterday.

• 1 month later...
hey there fellow golfers i was wondering what do you think of golf courses that have uniforms for cart girls? i think it much to hot in florida to be wearing such heavy clothing what do u think about it

• Administrator
hey there fellow golfers i was wondering what do you think of golf courses that have uniforms for cart girls? i think it much to hot in florida to be wearing such heavy clothing what do u think about it

I think that "uniform" does not necessarily mean "heavy clothing," and as such, the only opinion you've provided against them doesn't have much merit.

As long the word "uniform" includes tight short skirts and cut-off shirts - I'm all for it

As long the word "uniform" includes tight short skirts and cut-off shirts - I'm all for it

Leave it to Rafi...

Of course, that is a typical 'uniform' for most beercart women down in NC this time of year. They want to work on their tans...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 6526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!