IGNORED

Do you and your buddies "have a good time" on the course?

dro
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You won't even play with someone who has a beer? Really? Is there any reason for this?

To me, "having a good time" isnt having just one beer. You have to at least get buzzed to, "have a good time" and to me that means at least 4-6 beers.

1 beer is OK, but any more than that and yes, I would tell the person that if they are going to continue to be drunk when they golf, they can find someone else to play with. As to why I feel this way, I cant stand to be around drunk people when Im sober. I find drunk people to be really annoying. The business that I work for has a yearly golf outing and Ive been invited to go a few times. However, I always refuse. The reason for that is because that, "golf outing" for most people who go is nothing more than a reason to drink all day and tear around on the golf cart. Sorry, but I'll pass on all that...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

I don't drink, and my friends don't drink either. I have a great time on the golf course, but without the aid of drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol.

I'm there for the company and the golf in varying amounts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a drinker on the course either, on a rare occasion(maybe once a year) I may have one, but that is it. My buddies may have a couple sometimes and that doesn't bother me because they don't get "housed" or anything. Just not for me.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I see I am in the minority here and it may have a bearing on my handicap but I am good for at least 6-8 beers per round - on the higher side when i tee off before 8am and less if I go out later. (and afterwards that number can be doubled if enough cool peeps are around)

However, when cart girl is slacking and I go 9 without a beer - if I am having a good round I will not touch anything until after I am done. Also on Sundays alcohol cant be served before 11am so that is generally a better behaved day.

I am also fortunate enough to have a wife that serves as my designated driver when I play so that definitely makes me feel like I never have to say no.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do drink, and my friends drink too. I have a great time on the golf course, with and without the aid of medical medicine, cigarettes, and alcohol(couple of bloody marys or cheladas) not a cooler full or anything like that. Shoot better everytime WITH.

I'm also there for the company and the golf in varying amounts. :D

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Well it's not like I drink. Since I'm 14. I'll have some at family parties since everybody's wasted there haha. But usually we'll just poke fun at each other. I play usually with 4 kids, not at the same time. Usually 2 or 3 at a time.

Kid 1: Will occasionally beat me, but we're around the same.
Kid 2: I've never lost too him, but I'll usually only win by 1 or 2.
Kid 3: Heavy-Set kid haha. Not bad, but not great. Shoots around 100.
Kid 4: Sucks ass. Went today with him. He shot a 140. It took forever.

We'll usually make fun of Kid 4, because he's a spoiled rich kid that has really nice clubs, but doesn't come close to hitting them good.

if Im just playing as a 4some with a certain group of friends theres almost always at least some alcohol involved. Generally, we bring a 5th to the course or something or someone brings some beers. "Penalties" are assesed for 3 putts, double pars, lost balls, even skins sometimes or just random bets. We have a good time, occasionally it can go a bit far but nothing belligerant. My only problem is that if we play really early in the morning it sucks to be drunk or hung over in the afternoon.

Generally, I play steady golf and relax a lot more with alcohol. Past a buzz but not really drunk perse, I just relax. I think i "Think" too much.. so being buzzed/drunk ish definately turns the mind off to the point where I can just play the game instead of thinking about everything. I dont play my best rounds borderline drunk by anymeans but GENERALLY its more enjoyable.

On occasion I'll have a beer or two. And by that I mean maybe once out of every ten rounds or so. My only problem is I become a chimney when I golf. Sometimes I get impatient and need something to settle my nerves (but don't worry, all cig butts are disposed of properly )

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Well it's not like I drink. Since I'm 14. I'll have some at family parties since everybody's wasted there haha. But usually we'll just poke fun at each other. I play usually with 4 kids, not at the same time. Usually 2 or 3 at a time.

Now as a Mom with a son...that wasn't very nice, was it? If you don't like him then don't play with him.

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

I normally don't drink while playing ... I'm strictly golf on the course & save the drinking for after the round. Maybe once or twice a year will I drink a couple of beers while playing ... usually with some guys I haven't seen in a long while. Not enough to get drunk & out of countrol though!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I either don't drink or drink 4-6 during a round. Never stumbling drunk though, I'm a lightweight but 6 drinks of 4 hours isn't that bad especially with a lot of water as well. I find that I play the best either with no beer or right at 4, anything after that and shots start drifting. I tense up too much on the tee box and play much better when I'm relaxed and carefree.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

I would tell the person that if they are going to continue to be drunk when they golf, they can find someone else to play with.

I'd love to see this in action with the knuckleheads I play with at the local munis. But then, we'd probably be grateful not having to put up with a 36 handicapper, either.

It completely depends on the course, day, and events preceding and following the round for me. If it's a clown round on a local track, we'll put down a few on the course. A nice daily fee? Ditto. World-beater track? Played the second nine at Pacific Dunes 9 strokes better than the front after three beers and a cigar. Plus my back can tighten up from time to time and somehow barley and hops does a lot more for it than menthol and Aleve. But on the opposite side, we played behind a group of complete morons last week. Loud, slow, incapacitated, falling over. No business for that extreme. When people get like that, courses don't need marshals, they need bouncers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!