IGNORED

How far do you drive your car to get to the course?

bigoak
Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my home course is about 18miles, the others i have memberships too are 20,20, and 26. not too bad really. i have on a whim drove to Kohler, WI to play and from my driveway to the parking lot at Whistling Straits is a little over 330miles... or roughly 1 tank of gas. usually on the weekends when i'm not busy i'll drive anywhere from 1/2hour to 4 hours just to play somewhere different.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

The course where hubby and I are members at is 4 miles from our home and it takes 6 minutes to drive there!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

My preferred course is a mile down the road. My most frequently played course is about 7 miles or 15 minutes away.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

I know its 12.7 miles round trip - at least thats what the odometer says every time I get in the car the next day.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

my home course is about 18miles, the others i have memberships too are 20,20, and 26. not too bad really. i have on a whim drove to Kohler, WI to play and from my driveway to the parking lot at Whistling Straits is a little over 330miles... or roughly 1 tank of gas. usually on the weekends when i'm not busy i'll drive anywhere from 1/2hour to 4 hours just to play somewhere different.

You are certainly above average. 330 miles on a weekend is impressive. You must truly love the game and are willing to travel to enjoy the courses. Good for you.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

300 kilometers. That is something like 187 miles.

Wow! I might drive 300kms if I had those clubs to play with!

I've only just started playing again after a 3yr hiatus. The club where I was a member in the UK was 5 miles from where I lived. At the moment I've of no fixed golf abode!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

My club is 25 miles from my home and it takes 35 minutes to get there. It is a very nice layout and about 1/4 the cost of joining the clubs closer to home in the NYC metro area. Even with gas prices so high, my club is a great bargain.

You are certainly above average. 330 miles on a weekend is impressive. You must truly love the game and are willing to travel to enjoy the courses. Good for you.

got up at 4:30am and was on the road by 5:30, got to Whistling Straits a little before noon, tee'd off at 1:30, got done at 6:30, left the course by 7:15, stopped in Chicago to eat around 10, was home at 2:30. that was a LONG crazy day. i plan on doing it again over the Labor Day holiday.

In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

The closest is less than a 1/2 mile away but there are 8 courses within a 7 mile radius that I play somewhat regularly.

We have over 130 courses in the greater Palm Springs area - hosting great golf tournaments including The Skins Game, Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, the Kraft Nabisco Championship and the LPGA Samsung tournament.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

I am lucky Bethpage is 8 min from my house but when I play out east it is 40-50 miles out on the Island.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

300 kilometers. That is something like 187 miles.

Holy Mole, are you serious?!

Thankfully I have an entire different commute. I live across the street to the club where I work and play mostly. For my events, that's a different story. To justify a same day trip is something within about an hour and a half drive. Anything over that I'll take a motel room.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!