IGNORED

Anybody w/ a newborn?

kekoa
Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's pretty much the reason why I quit playing golf for 15 years.

That's life.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I have a 2 year old and boy itwas tough in the begining. My golf didnt suffer too much though. I dont play as much now but thats ok because as youl find spending time with your new one is just the greatest thing u can imagine. Good luck!

congrats.

I have a 6 year old. I am also a single father with custody of her full time.. I have been for over 2 years now. Since she was born, I play about 10 times a year, if that.

Some years I would only play 3 or 4, others a few more ..

Finally nows the time where I can start bringing her to the course with me ... which I have a few times ..

And my handicap has gone up about 3 points .. i was a 2 after leaving college .. now I'm a 6 or so (i havn't updated my index.)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Thats why I have told my wife no more kids. I have a four year old and I play 60+ rounds a year. You have to have several things in order to do what I do.

1. Don't have more than one (two at the most)
2. Have a lot of people around that want the baby. I myself have both sets of grandparents in town so I am never in need for someone to watch her.
3. Have a job that allows lots of time for other pursuits
4. Play very very early in the morning so you can be home.

I spend tons of time with my daughter. I love her to death. My dad did the exact thing I am doing and he was always around when I was growing up. Its all about time managment.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have a 5 month old and just started playing again this season because of him.

i dont get to do the things i could before he came along ... the wifey doesnt complain much when i golf ... so it's my new sport(i used to golf years ago).

i'm really getting into it again and am getting fairly decent(i never was very good)...however i'm still a newbie.

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

My girl is just over 2 yrs old now...welcome to parenthood. 5 index points and 4 hours of sleep are a small price to pay for such a bundle of joy. With his knee op, Tiger will really get to enjoy his time with Sam...no amount of money can buy such love and bonding...

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I have a 15-month-old. Newborns are easier because all they do is sleep, eat and poop. Toddlers want attention (understandably) and I really enjoy hanging out with him. As for golf, I mostly play just 9 holes, and I'll trade off with my wife (I golf in the morning, then she gets the afternoon off). Otherwise I'll sneak out for a round during the middle of the week when he's at daycare.

I'm looking forward to having a playing partner in a few years! He picked up a club for the first time this weekend and it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!