IGNORED

Adam Scott: Wh'appen?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Indeed. That's what I like about Phil - he seems very grounded (family, community, friends, charity ....). He doesn't mind taking a few chances and can live with the consequences when it doesn't pay off. And when it doesn't, next week he's back in the running at some other track. He knows that when he DOES win big, it's because he's taken a few (calculated) risks to put him on top. Not a bad way to earn a living, true to your own way of doing things.

We were talking about Scott - my bad. He really has the most gorgeous looking swing, and what balance at the end. Good to see him back in form.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i could earn millions of dollars a year playing golf and surfing i woundn't care if i won a major or not!! man what a life.

See you say that now, from a different prospective, but if you were him, you might be disappointed.

Everyone who plays on the tour wants to win, especially a major and Adam Scott has all the tools to do that. Adam Scott, like all pros want to play to the best of their abilities.

In my opinion its the mental aspect of the golf game for Adam Scott and his putting.

Anthony Kim has the game to win Majors and every announcer at the Kiwi Open predicts that he will win several majors including Steve Williams, Tiger's caddie.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Adam Scott is what happened to Adam Scott. He has not been playing in many tournaments (only exclusive ones) and that has hurt him. I mean he has a really light schedule throughout the year and that hurt the man. He needs to play more tournaments and grind it out-and stop playing just the exclusive events

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• 2 weeks later...
I like him. He has been using the cavity backs for his 2 wins this year. But you are right he isn't commited

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

• 4 months later...
I like him. He has been using the cavity backs for his 2 wins this year. But you are right he isn't commited

Guy isn't even in the running anymore it seems.

What is it: injuries, woman-trouble, not-actually-bothered-about-winning-Majors?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• 1 month later...
Adam shot an 81 today...

Has any player who was in the Top 5 a year ago fallen so quick?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

I imagine David Duval did. It is very frustrating to see Scott like this, he is an amazingly talented player but seem to have a lot of issues up top at the moment.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I imagine David Duval did. It is very frustrating to see Scott like this, he is an amazingly talented player but seem to have a lot of issues up top at the moment.

I heard Scott & Harmon have been making adjustments to his (Scott's) swing, making it a more flatter plane, but I agree with you - there's a lot more than just this going on.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

This is not rocket science. Adam Scott, AK, etc, all of a sudden have way more money than they ever imagined. Couple that with much more high-quality poon, and you can see that a loss of focus is possible. They were golfers, they are now "celebrities," with all the good and bad that comes along with that.

Most pro athletes can get through this, but it does require an "adjustment" period.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I don't understand why he's making swing changes. His ballstriking isn't the issue, it's his putting, and overall short game. He has a great looking swing and great ballstriking everytime I watch him.

It's whether he gets the ball up and into the cup is the question.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

This is not rocket science. Adam Scott, AK, etc, all of a sudden have way more money than they ever imagined. Couple that with much more high-quality poon, and you can see that a loss of focus is possible. They were golfers, they are now "celebrities," with all the good and bad that comes along with that.

Scott has been on the PGA Tour since what, 2003-2003(?) and has been earning

plenty of money throughout, so no, it's not rocket-science at all to suggest this has affected his game in the last 6-8 months. Both he and Kim were/are in steady relationships so the 'poon' comment is also way off.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

There was an interesting article in the Australian papers today saying Adam has gone it alone in order to get his swing back, he said it had all got too complicated getting advice from too many people so he was alone at the range in London trying to get his swing back... will be interesting to see how he goes over the next few months... good luck to him i say!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...918037201.html

There was an interesting article in the Australian papers today saying Adam has gone it alone in order to get his swing back, he said it had all got too complicated getting advice from too many people so he was alone at the range in London trying to get his swing back... will be interesting to see how he goes over the next few months... good luck to him i say!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...918037201.html

I think both Adam Scott and Sergio Garcia are playing marginally better at this event then they have in months. Both in the same boat right and both have too much talent not to win something big.

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!